1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Whom the Gods Protect

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

To Whom the Gods Protect

Jako Rakhe Saiya, Mar sake Na Koi, is an old saying known to most of u, I don’t know the next two lines, but they mean that even if the whole world is yr enemy, no one can even touch a strand of your hair.

MH17, the Malaysian Airline, is one such case, and today TOI devoted one whole page to its crash, and about the passengers. Look at this example, a strange one really. One Mr. Sandhu, and his wife ,Indians, both worked as cabin crew for MA. His wife , was supposed to be on the first airline MH 370 that disappeared a few months back, but she swapped the journey that day with her friend. Well she rejoiced, for she was saved.

God was kind to her .

Her husband , was not to be on this second flight, MH 17, but he told his pal, I want to go on this flight, u stay back. Hubby died.
    God was not kind to him. Who knows god wanted one of them to die and one of them, to live.

Modi was in the area, he had flown out minutes earlier.( God was kind).Modi ke acche din chal rahe hai !!!!
    An Australian Family first lost son and his wife in the first tragedy, and now their stepdaughter and his husband { very unkind}

A couple missed this flight along with their infant. They arrived well in time, but due to overbooking, they were told sorry, and were accommodated onto a KLM Airline. It seems all their lives they always travelled Malaysian airways, this was the first time they have travelled on another airline.

This corridor which the Malaysian took, is risky and till 32000 ft they have been warned to stay above. This pilot smartly travelled a 1000 feet more up at 33000/- But missiles that were fired, can hit the plane even at 80,000 ft. So lack of knowledge and overconfidence ?

Papers said , this is a very risky route, and the airlines can take a safer route, which from West (Amsterdam) to East (Malaysia or Singapore) will take 15 mins extra flying time, and 8 mins extra to Delhi. But well, we must save fuel and time, so take the risky route eh !

So to whom the gods are kind, are very kind, and to whom they want to die, well, they will even give u confirmation even on wait list tickets , on a heavily booked flight, and u are so happy, u thank God, but u don’t know God is so eager to meet u, he gave u those tickets to heaven eh !

The rise and fall of Biscuit King - The Times of India

Reminds me of Rajan Pillai, the Britannia boss, of the nineties. He was convicted of fraud, and was to be sentenced the next day, in Singapore. Well he left Singapore for india the same night. After he landed in india he said , the person to whom he sat next to, recognized him, and smiled at him, but did not divulge the secret to anyone, so he escaped sure jail in Singapore, and that he was an angel in disguise.

Well Rajan was caught and kept in jail, to be deported to Singapore, when he died in Jail, he was bleeding all over, and it seems he was not given his medicines in time by the authourities.

If he had remained in Singapore, he would have had a decent jail and proper medication. So was that chap in the plane, an angel or Yamdoot ? I wonder !!!

This takes me back to the late seventies, when an Air india flight took off from Mumbai and immediately crashed in the sea off Bandra, close by. A guy used to take a walk on the bandra bandstand everyday, and he was a spirit caller, one day a spirt of a male appeared, and it seems the spirit told him , that he too was walking the beach , and liked this chap and followed him home.

Well the first request of the spirit was to play a kishore kumar particular sad number whioch he did, and the coin which was placed to call the spirit, swayed slowly to the music. Slowly the spirit and the chap became good friends, and it seems the spirit was a businessman from Calcutta, who was cross with his wife and family and did not want to give out many details of the family, when asked. The spirt helped him into making maoney in the stock market, by giving him tips.

I don’t remember the story any further what happened, an dhow far it is true, it came in the papers.

The moral of this story, is, don’t swap yr duties, as that cabin crew did, don’t be too happy when u get confirmed from waiting list, don’t be sad, if ur tyre punctures on the way andu miss the flight, take it, as a wish from someone up there.

As for me, Someone up there likes me. He had been kind as of date.Thank u boss.

KAMAL MAHTANI

: 25 years of married life - NOT A SINGLE CONFLIT...!! Thanks to an amazing wife...!!

Recently in Bangalore a couple celebrated their 25th marriage anniversary. They had become famous in the city for not having a single conflict in their 25 years of married life. Media gathered at the occasion to find out the secret of their "happy going marriage".

NDTV corespondent was very curious to know the secret and asked the husband: "Sir. It's amazingly unbelievable. How did you make this possible...?? "

Husband: "We are a happy couple since marriage, thanks to our honey moon trip to Shimla."

NDTV: "Sir, tell us about it so that all couples can also be happy like you."

Finally husband agreed to reveal the 'secret of the happy marriage'.

"For our honey moon" recalling his old honey moon days husband said, "We had been to Shimla (a hill station). The day after we both went for a horse ride. My horse was pretty okay but the horse on which my wife was riding seemed to be a crazy one. On the way that horse jumped up suddenly, making my wife topple over. Recovering her position from the ground, she patted the horse's back and said "This is your first time".

She again got on the horse and continued with the ride. After a while, it happened again. This time she again was calm and said "This is your second time" and continued.

When the horse dropped her a third time, she just took out a revolver from her purse and shot the horse dead...!!

I shouted at my wife: 'What did you do you psycho. You killed the poor animal. Are you crazy?

She gave a silent look and said: 'This is your first time...!! '

That is it. We are happy ever after. "

Nice Line

"क्रोध में कभी जवाब ना दो,
    बहुत खुश हो तो कभी वादा ना करो,
    और …
    दुखी मन हो तो कोई फैसला ना करो"

: Income Tax officer hans  raha tha.

Clerk: Kya hua???

Officer: Sunny Leone ki file hai.

Clerk: Toh ???

Officer: Kapde pahenti nahi hai,
    Aur Laundry bill 11 Lacs bataya hai.!

How would our politicians/Journalists
    react if his/her favourite footballer is red-carded

Mulayam Singh
    Boys will be boys, they make mistakes, why give them red card and send them away?

Abu Azmi
    The player who is responsible for him getting a red card should be suspended for life and hanged!

Azam Khan
    He was given a red card, because he is a Muslim.

Jayalalitha
    The red card will henceforth be called ‘Amma Red Card’, and all players holding red card will be given free mixie and color TV by the Government of Tamil Nadu

Sushma Swaraj
    I am pained at the referee’s decision to give him a red card. I would also say that the red card was issued in spite of my stiff opposition to it!

Rahul Gandhi
    Congress Party has always emphasized on the fact of player empowerment. If a referee gives red cards to players, the players must be allowed to give red card back to the referees. This one way red card is not democratic enough. Although a red card was issued to the player, we have issued lots of aadhar cards. What about that? And we need to empower women.

Lalu Yadav
    All red carded players should play together with the suspended and injured players to form a secular alliance that will prevent communal non-red carded forces from winning the world cup.

Mani Shankar Aiyer
    Narendra Modi can never play football. If he wants he can get a red card and stand on the sidelines during Congress Party Football match and sell tea there

Mamata Banarjee
    Red card should be painted with white and blue to lift the spirit of players getting red cards.

Karunanidhi
    Red cards must be renamed in Tamil as ‘Segapu Attai’ and it must have the verses from thirukural written in it so that players getting the card read the verses and never repeat the mistake once again.

Arvind Kejirwal
    I'm going on fast unto death in front of FIFA HQ to protest the red card issued. His assistant comes forth & says “but sir - you are the FIFA president. "
    Kejrival-" then I'll quit fifa, then protest in front of FIFA HQ with a fast unto death. Despite that, if nothing happens, please vote me back as fifa president".

Sagarika Ghose
    Saffron card destroys player’s aspirations of playing in this world cup. Sign of things to come under the new dispensation?

Arnab Goswami
    Mr Referee, the whole nation demands an answer tonight on why you gave a red card?

Teacher sent home a note-

Sincere & bright boy but spends too much time with girls

Mother sent a note back-
    Please advise solution, Father has same problem..

Guess the full form of hindi movies from the abbreviations.

Example: DDLJ
    Answer: Dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge

Now guess these 25 movie names.

1. HDDCS

2. BMB

3. HADMRH

4. MPK

5. JDMGRH

6. KYPH

7. PDHH

8. HSSH

9. BTG

10. TBT

11. PBDHH

12. JPKHH

13. YPD

14. KKKG

15. DAAPP

16. APKGK

17. YJHD

18. PPNH

19. ZNMD

20. SOS

21. DCH

22. BAH

23. BMCM

24. MPKDH

25. RKAB

Answer very soon to these.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    6 people like this.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, mamata Bannerjee will declare the referee as a Maoist as he showed a RED card. As for Jayalalitha, TV is passe'. Colour Tv was a Karunanidhi scheme she will give a goat to the player shown the red card as the red card (figuratively) got her goat.

Digvijay Singh:The card was saffron in colour. The nation wouldn't be fooled if you call it a red card. The Hindutva ideologues are behind this. Modiji knows this well and is turning a blind eye to it.

L.K.Advani: There are cards of all colours. Red, yellow and green. Green card is given for those becoming permanent residents of USA..I think they should change the colour of that cafrd. Green smacks of minority communalism . As for the rest of the cards, we live in a free country and anybody and everybody can show any card they like. I wouldn't like to comment any more on that..

4 people like this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

HAHA. true, the best one i loved was about arnab, telling the refrees the nation is wanting to know.

HAHA

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Leave alone jokes.
    Malaysian Airline Accidents, Ptsunamis, earth quakes and other natural calamities make us think. Is it the Karma of all the innocent people? Are many people of low longevity made to travel by the same plane or assemble at the venue of tragedy?Why should God keep quiet silently watching the tragedies? Is it a tamasha to watch so many innocent lives perish?
    Is it to bring down the population at one stroke/
    The saying"poorva janma phalam' does not seem to be convincing.
    I am reminded of a tragedy.
    This happened in 1956- Ariyalur disaster during which Lal bahadur Sastri resigned as the railway minister accepting responsibility for the accident.
    I was in my SSLC class. A classmate of mine ,married very recently just a month back, was in my class. After completing the course she had to join her husband in Chennai, husband working in RBI Madras.
    The evening prior to accident, the bride groom recd a telegram from his father in law ' Wife expired. Start.
    The boy was upset and thought that his young wife died, whereas it was his MIL who passed away.
    He started from Madras. As ill luck would have it, travelled in the same compartment which was involved in accident and lost his life.The young girl lost her mother and husband on the same day.Her actual marriage had not even consummated.
    A mistaken telegram was the reason.
    Destiny leads the concerned person to the place of disaster.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  5. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

Im an ardent fan of your writing:D I search through the this forum and if i see ur name as the author i jus jump at the chance of reading it!!

Such is your popularity:p
    jokes apart you truly get your point across and what other best way than humour.

Loved your post!

You biggest fan,
    Shalu

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

What a mistake and such a costly one. Wrong telegram, and a life is lost.i guess onmly god knows what is in destiny for all of us.Very well said Jaya.

Thanks.kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shalu,

thank u so much for the jkind words. You know i have been watching my posts here not receving comments, yours is teh third comment on my blog, it is [pathetic really.Either i write badly, or people dont want to read me, i dont know.

So i have stopped writing here since a week, and dont wish to write for a while, maybe i have become a bore, or whatever, we will see as time comes.

so yr comment comes as a breath of fresh air for me, this one comment of yours is enough for me, th opep me up.

thank u so much, u have been very kind, thanks once again and keep coming please/

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

18 hours since the last commetn was made onSnippets. Everyone sleeping or lost interest in blogging or snippets? Looks like a dead place really.

Sad

9. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha - Kamalji the gods were protecting me @ sleep :)

Definitely the people with Swiss accounts have been protected to a great extent for sure :) so far...

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Why do you even think about giving a pause to your writings??! You just received a proof here that you are forever popular! Just as popular as before with a new fan arising every day!! And our snippets is rocking..like a swing...some high flying days and some low phases!!

How true it is...Without the Almighty's Grace, we cannot even move our eyelashes, leave alone eyes! Who knows why few things happen to us in life..We miss a flight, cancel a trip, refuse a party invitation etc etc. Often I do wonder how lucky that I am on the one side of the Turnpike that is moving while the other side is jammed with traffic! --- A small thing, but still something of concern at that moment!! What if I were on the other side and miss out on an important appointment?! But on the other hand, if I am stuck and do miss, perhaps the appointment was worth missing?!

Fate, I am a great believer in one's Fate!

Jokes galore as usual Kamalji, it always leaves me refreshed!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.