1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Nurses in Iraq

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Nurses in Iraq

i have been very impressed with Modi, for the way he brought back the nurses from Iraq.
    i had thought that the nurses have been kidnapped and will be raped and murdered, but gladlyi was proved wrong.
    Modi and Company were responsible for telling the militiants to take the girls away in buses to a safe spot, fed, and taken to airport where we had our plane waiting to bring them back.

i am disappointed with the nurses, one of whom has stayed back, whuile her 2 sisters have come back. They were not keen to come back, for they had borrowed money to go there. When u go there willuingly, what u earn is yours, so when u come to trouble , take care of it on yr own without involving the government .

We the taxpayers land up paying dearly for yr follies, going where no sane person would go . And if this nurse that did not come back, please modi, dont save her if she is in trouble, she has asked for it, money is more dearer to her than her life, so be it.

And Modi, i am proud of u, u negotiated with so many factions in ir aq, and with other muslim countries to get these nurses back, and u have taken to public credit.

it speaks highly of u, i wonder what if this had happened in Congress rule, what would Digvijay, kapil sibal and others have gone on and on praising Sonia and Rahul. And here look at Modi, so dignified in his silence.

Modibhai dotn think i will continue praising u, i am not a fanatic, but this act of yours, i think so highly of u.

Continue this way my friedn, God will be with u always.

And today i read that one nurse who had come back from iraq a month back , has gone back to iraq, saying to clear her debts is more important than her life .Well Well.

KAMAL MAHTANI

_Who is Happy ???___

A crow lived in the forest and was absolutely satisfied in life.

But one day he saw a swan. "This swan is so white," he thought, "and I am so black.

This swan must be the happiest bird in the world."

He expressed his thoughts to the swan. "Actually," the swan replied, "I was feeling that I was the happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colors. I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation."

The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot explained, "I lived a very happy life—until I saw a peacock. I have only two colors, but the peacock has multiple colors."

The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that hundreds of people had gathered to see him.

After the people had left, the crow approached the peacock. "Dear peacock," the crow said, "you are so beautiful. Every day thousands of people come to see you. When people see me, they immediately shoo me away. I think you are the happiest bird on the planet."

The peacock replied, "I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the planet. But because of my beauty, I am entrapped in this zoo.

I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I have realized that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage. So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow, I could happily roam everywhere."

That's our problem too. We make unnecessary comparison with others and become sad. We don't value what has God given us. This all leads to the vicious cycle of unhappiness.

Have a Weekend valuing the things god has given us. Learn the secret of being happy and discard the comparison which leads only to unhappiness

===============================================================

solve this

Let's see how smart u really are!

A rich man needs _______.
    poor man has _______.
    If u eat _______u die
    when u die u can take ______ with u!

One word fits all 4 blanks spaces! Its a seven letter word.

===================================================

[Aaj ka gyan no 1 :

Agar koi hume accha lagta hai to accha wo nahi hum hai...

Aur agar koi hume bura lagta hai to bura wahi hai Qki hum to acche hai na....... !!!!

Aaj ka gyan no 2 :

Zindagi se koi cheez maango to aise maango jaise tumhare baap ki thi.

Aur nahi mili to kaunsi tumhare baap ki thi.

Aaj ka gyan no 3 �:
    Agar koi apko dekh kar darwaza band kar deta hai to yaad rakho...

Kundi dono taraf se hoti hai aap bhi bahar se band karke bhaag jao...

===================================================

[Ghor Kalyug

Teacher: Who was Akbar ?
    Boy: Akbar was Gay.

Teacher:- What, Are you mad ? Why did you say that?

Boy:- We have heard Laila - Majnu , Heer -Ranjha , Soni- Mahival ,Romeo-Juliet
    But Only
    Akbar - Birbal !
    Teacher died

========================================================

: Best Advertisement"

Traffic dept:
    "Donate blood, but not on Roads..."

Forest dept:
    "Shoot the bird with camera not with gun..."

Petrol pump:
    " No smoking" " ur life may be worthless but our petrol is costly"

: Million Dollar Question:
    If U don't like your Husband, Why don't U just Leave him & Go ??

Answer from wife:
    I Don't like Doing Anything that will Make him Happy..!

6 people like this.

2. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Very true Kamalji!!! When your PM has spent so much money on trying to get you back you still want to stay back????Is money more valuable than a few rupees???And no-one has even thanked Govt for its efforts-instead they do such shameful deeds -we think who really elected them-Especially TMC -the maha goond party-which will overtake ISIS in terms of militancy-headed by a woman-Mamta-untrue to her name has no mamta for her fellow beings-God save us & God Save Modiji!!!

3. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

solve this

Let's see how smart u really are!

A rich man needs _______.
    poor man has _______.
    If u eat _______u die
    when u die u can take ______ with u!

One word fits all 4 blanks spaces! Its a seven letter word.

NOTHING

1 person likes this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, Kamalji. Modi has done rescuing the nurses without any big show off, calmly and silently and not speaking much about it. He has done what is to be done in a very dignified way. Hats off to him.
    Jokes are good...especially the first one and "Best advertisement".
    Thank you.
    Syamala

5. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Sir,

Nice write up. I am sure Modi Government did a good job. But I am sure the nurses are qualified enough to read the newspapers and understand whatever is happening around them. To go to Iraq is not a simple decision. No one would travel without knowing about the mishaps that may occur in that place.
    So as an individual ( educated ) she should have taken the responsibility of her decision. IF some lady workers for that case, who are ignorant and uneducated were in such situation I believe they deserve more sympathy from our side.
    There are many workers ( both men & women) who are cheated by travel agents and send to work in foreign countries for vey less pay. They are made to sign contracts for which they don't know the meanings also.
    They are said you will get 10k -15k every month + air ticket , medical etc.

Poor people they believe it, later they release with their 10k-15k they cannot even pay their home rent here or provision for 2 months. I feel for those people, who sold property and pay to travel agents , just to fall in their pitfalls.
    But these educated nurses, sorry!! you created your own situation. I am sure you would read few things at least about Iran before going there since you know to read.

1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Frankly the fighters in Iraq are doing it to gain back territory and control. They are very focused on what they are interested in. They think they are going to rule whole of Iraq at some stage. They knew they need help from Indians and many other foreigners. Hence it is not entirely negotiating skills of Indian government but also long term vision and focus of those who are recapturing power that made them to give safe haven to Indian nurses. That is why Modiji is not taking much credit. This is just my opinion.

Viswa

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

For whatever reason, it is heartening to note that you are able to praise our Prime Minister Modi! Has been a long time since we were able to feel good about any of our leaders! Manmohan Singh lost his credentials after he became a puppet. Sonia and Rahul were like dark clouds and sleepy too !! I do hope Modi brings in a good influence for political scene in our Desh and better times for our country as a whole! :0

L, Kamla

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radio,

i was reading the nurses thing. They spend some 15 lakhs on education, and another few lakhs to give tot he middle men to get a 1000 dollor job. They mortagage their fathers land for this, not realizing that the middle east is dangerous.Now it seems a 1000 nurses in libya want to come back. Very true my friend, mamta well her misinster said somethign about raping women.Tapan somethings eh !

wht else to say.Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Brilliant answer my friend. i shall post more quizzes since u all seem to like them.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sy, u know the bnurses were rescued by the ISIS, the most brutal militants of Iraw, abnd they did not even touch the ladies, but honourably brought them to the airport. So modi must have done some great diplomacy, and he has kept quiet about it, and not one minister of his has said anything, so i admire him for it.

Thank u Sy.

Regards

kamal