1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sun's Leela

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by girvani, Apr 22, 2014.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

I was driving towards the office one morning at 5.15AM. I just witnessed the sun rise. I saw this red ball, around 20cm width, emerging from the east and I was mesmerised. He must have understood that I am astounded by his beauty. He started playing games with me. He started hide himself behind the skyscrapers, then showed half of his body. After that, he came out from the shield, let the clouds give him a light satin cover and then can you believe that the naughty Sun flash at me and winked. Oh my God, he was extremely cheeky. All this leela happened within the time span of 10 minutes. I remembered, Lord Hanuman once thought Sun was the fruit and wanted to catch him. I felt for baby Hanuman as I have now seen Sun’s mischievous behaviour and his different acts

8 people like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear girvani
    A good imaginative piece of writing. But for someone like you sitting in salubrious Aberdeen where the Temperature never crosses 30°C, the Sun may look very playful and very indulgent too. For people like us living in Chennai which has only two seasons, hot and hotter, the Sun is indeed merciless. I have heard that the great mystic Seshadri Swamigal of Tiruvannamalai would stare at the Sun at noon for about an hour and go about his business thereafter. I once admired the beauty of the rising Sun at the Besant Nagar beach for a little more than the usual time and for an hour thereafter I was groping in the road knocking down a dozen people and earning the curse of about half a dozen auto drivers!
    Sri

6 people like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya
    Thank you for your lovely reply. You made my day:hatsoff

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Girvani nice post and you are blessed to get the first fb from my dear Anna,Cheeniya Sir. I have nominated your thread

5. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful imagination Girvani !

Nice write up.

Agree with Cheeniya Sir.

6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji ma
    I am humbled my Cheeniya & yours reply and your nominations. It means a lot. Thank you from my heart :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear mrunalini, thank you so much

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Girvani,

Congratulations on being nominated to FP of the Month by Vijima (Iyerviji)! I note that you are already aware of it.

Thanks to the nomination, I got to read this hide and seek game you have played with our Sun God. I had to laugh aloud reading Cheeniyasir's take on your interaction with the sun. He is so right, living in Aberdeen, I think you can get away with this play. I totally understand the dilemma of those living in places like Chennai. The game the Sun plays with them is truly hot!

On the other hand, I don't understand why he is partial to some and neglects others totally. We in this part of the world want Him to come play the sunshiny game with us. We are more than looking forward to it!

Was a cute snippet, enjoyed reading it. However, do not get carried away with this game while driving. Sun can shine a smile and go away behind a cloud but you will be in trouble for not watching the traffic!!

All the best!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamala ma,

Thank you so much. Indeed I am aware of the safety concerns especially when he is very naughty. You all really made me happy and I am ever so thankful.
    Vani

1 person likes this.