1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My encounter with ghosts!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Apr 17, 2014.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

As I am slowly getting used to the IL posts, yesterday I happened to read Shri Cheeniya's ramblings on
    ' A peep into the world of ghosts' and the wonderful responses thereto.
    I was born and brought up in a village where such beliefs existed in plenty.
    In Tiruchirapalli Dt there is village ,next to Thitupparaithurai) known for its notorious black magic.
    The significant part was--the women,belonging to brahmin families, in Agraharam were stated to be under the influence of some super power and whatever they predicted,, mostly bad things became true.
    They were all normal women leading married life, looking after kitchen and children. Suddenly they would be seen overpowered by para normal force, they would go to pooja room without any dress on, lock themselves for nearly for two hours. When they came out whomever they met, whether their own husband, children, DIL or grandchildren , they would proclaim some mishappenings like death or disaster, and they proved true. This power will remain with them for just 90 mts.Nobody knew the frquency with which they got overpowered.
    The residents of the house avoided seeing that woman for the stipulated time.If nobody is seen at home, they would simply go out and pronounce curse on the residents of village.
    Upto 1970 passengers travelling by train in that route will just close down the shutters when the train passed through that village so that they are not seen by the women.

We have seen a young girl refusing to come out of the river cauvery since she was cursed to remain in the bank.. Villagers had to forcefully bring her back home, try some mantra treatment to cure her.

One of my cousins got married in one such family. The witch lady, athai of the bridegroom was living in the same house. Her daughter was the first daughter-in -law of the house and my cousin was the 2nd daughter-in-law.
    When the witch's daughter was full term pregnant and went into labour, this lady cursed her own daughter that the new born should be dumb.
    We do not know whether it was coincidence or curse, the child was dumb.
    The 2nd and 3rd children were normal as the pregnant daughter was taken to another village for delivery.
    For the 5th and 6th child the woman forced into the labour room and made two daughters again dumb.
    The 7th child was a beautiful daughter. She could talk, sing and dance.That child was of my age. When we were playing together, the woman came from nowhere dragged the child and said loudly that the child would die when a bronze pot falls on her.
    It was summer. I was in my 3rd Std. We were playing a game'paandi' the girl felt thirsty . She went inside the kichen. As she was drinking water, the big Vengala paanai, ( Bronze pot used to cook rice) fell from the plank above on the girl's head, the child got injured on her head and died instantaneously.
    When this is the impact from a person under the influence of some paranormal force, we can well imagine the fear that may be caused due to appearance of ghosts, whether real or imaginary.
    In 1980 I went to see my bed ridden mother, who was staying with my sister in a village. The bus from Madras reached the village at 4 A. M. It was very dark. So I was sitting on a small wooden plank, waited for 45 mts. Then I started walking through the narrow path leading to the agraharam. It was 15mts walk.
    As I was walking ,some 4 women were coming from the vaillage towards cauvery with kudam on their hips. As we saw face to face one of the women shouted with " Ayyo" and fell down. She dropped the pot down and started running back towards the village. Other women just hid themselves near bush. As it was summer at5 A. M. sun was about to rise.As I was walking towards my sister's house, the girl was running ahead of me and entered a house.I saw her telling something. As I was walking thro the road, I saw many women shutting the doors on my face.
    I went inside our house. After formal enquiries my sister asked me to draw kolam in the front yard.
    As I was drawing kolam, some four or 5 mamies got surrounded and enquired about me. From their anxious enquiries I came to know that they feared me thinking that I was the ghost of a lady of the villadge, more or less resembling me, who had committed suicide some days back.
    As it is horrible to see a ghost, it is still more horrible to be treated as a ghost. Great experience!.My sister's children nicknamed me as " pei Chithi"
    As the women were relieved of fear, they were talking to me for an hour and left with much relief.
    Jayasala 42

16 people like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Jayasala
    I saw this post of yours as a FB to my http://www.indusladies.com/forums/cheeniyas-senile-ramblings/21713-a-peep-into-world-ghosts.html
    I saw that you had taken a lot of pain in sharing your own experience and that it merited its place as a separate thread. Further my thread is old and over 20000 people had already viewed it. There was not much chance for people to go through your post appearing as a FB to my old Snippet. I have now made it a new one with a different title.
    Sri

4 people like this.
  3. urmilaraj

urmilaraj IL Hall of Fame

Its really scary to read itself.But the one who experienced all these......:eek:mg:

4. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

OMG jayasala scary experiences.

5. mithra3412

mithra3412 Platinum IL'ite

its really scaryyyyyy
    faintingsmiley

6. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

so scary :shaking:. I will remember that village name and never pass through it in my life

1 person likes this.
  7. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

interesting! :clap

8. jayasala42

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    Thank you for converting my post into a new thread.Whether it si supersition or reality, eeven with good education and reasoning people are overpowered with fear. For passengers travelling thro the village, it is of 2 mts duration. But for people residing in the village it was a night mare.
    Jayasala 42

9. jayasala42

Dear Urmila,
    There is nothing to get scared. As life is full of ups and downs, we are not sure whether such things are just a coincidence or if there is any scientific basis.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  10. jayasala42

Dear rajini and mythra,
    don't get scared. In villages such experience is common. Bur for the affected, it is a torture.
    Jayasala 42