1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I cant believe myself

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 15, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

First of all seeing the tittle on the side bar my virtual daughters who are very close to me wont know that the post is by me as I always get the tittle from Googlewhich is different. Also I cant believe myself that earlier I used to write one day a snippet,I myself cant believe how I have stopped writing a snippet a day. Every day in the morning I used to get ideas while cooking what snippet to write that day. So usedt o finish my cooking fast then do pooja and used to be anxious to come here and write the snippet. When I used to log in and if the net is not there I used to get disappointed and go on phoning the net people till I get my net. They also know how important net is for me though I am not doing any job. When I come here and write the snippet the I used to wait for fbs and if no fbs used to get disappointed and think whether my write up is not so good thats why no fbs . So many thoughts in my mind about not getting fbs and once I had cleared that doubt also through fb and Outofbox had nominated that thread too. Many of my friends in the beginning Sriniketan and then my other close friends and then my Anna and Kamla had also told me if you write once in a week then you will get good responses. But I still continued and then finally must be two months back I think that I started writing once in a week.

I am grateful to God that if he closes one door he opens another door for me. Last June I got operated for cataract for one eye. After that I could see everything more clearly with one eye even without wearing glasses but I wear it so that no problem will be there. Then only I found how bright and beautiful the world is. Now since I could see everything clearly I started my teenage hobby that is bead work and started making chains with beads and some other things. Earlier I could not put the thread in the needle but now I am able to see and put the thread. As a teenager every week I used to change the necklace which I used to make. That must be 30 or 40 years back I think when I used to make purses out of beads , necklaces etc. Now again I have started that hobby so I am able to pass my time and also forget about writing snippets every day. Now a days I dont get any ideas of writing also anything. Now everyday I think what type of chain to make and then post it in facebook where I get so many comments from different friends. Some of them have started asking whether I am doing business and some why dont you do some business. But I dont want to do any business because I am not that perfect in that , I am still learning. Also I have so many kids of our own family, my dh's and mine and I love gifting them . They also feel very happy when they receive and I feel happy seeing a smile on their face. We cant make elders happy but children are happy with small things. Just now also I got a message from my daughter that she gave the chain I made out of beads to her friend's daughter and she was very happy. That makes me more happy because I have put more effort in making the chain, where my brain and my hands both have to work than writing a snippet, though there brain and hand is required but as I am in typing which I learnt I can do it fast and not difficult like making a chain

21 people like this.

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

I am so glad that you get to do your hobby again Viji aunty. I love your writing because it is innocent but guides us through your wisdom.Thank you

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Girvani dear thanks for your first like and first fb which made my day. Ya dear I am happy that I am able to pass my time doing my old times hobby and keep myself busy. Glad you like my writing, thanks for making me happy dear with your fb.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

It is good that you are able to see better now and that it has given you an opportunity to follow your old hobbies once again. It is really good to have multiple hobbies, so one never gets bored of doing just one thing. :-D

1 person likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijikka
    I am so happy you are able to get back to pursuing your favorite hobbies. It is very satisfying when people like the gifts you made by hand, taking the time and putting in a lot of effort.
    As Sats says, hobbies help us spend our time meaningfully and having more than one interest really helps.

1 person likes this.
  6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty,
    I have always been amazed at your enthusiasm, interest and full involvement in whatever you do, be it
    snippets or
    wishing your virtual daughters thoughtfully on special occasions and milestones,
    flower decoration,
    kolu decorations,
    kolams
    ,archanas,
    narayaneeyam,
    cooking
    , prasaadhams,
    sarees selection and draping,
    meet ups,
    tatting and
    beading.

It is your beautiful , young mind that makes all these possible....

Keep inspiring dear aunty... image.jpg

2 people like this.
  7. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Nice thread aunty,
    Well said if god closes one door opens other :)

1 person likes this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,

"When one door closes another opens". Very true in every aspect of life. We have to look for the open door.
    I am glad you are enjoying hobby with beads. As satchi said it is good to have multiple hobbies. With just one hobby we feel bored. We want variation in life. Can we eat the same dish daily? No!

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Nice to see that you are pursuing your hobby,it will keep you occupied and engaged Vijima.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear glad to see you here and receive your fb . Yes dear I am glad that I am able to follow my old hobbies and pass my time.