1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Uff & Hurray!!! To ma New Year resolutions ;)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Angellic, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Uff & hurray!!! To ma New Year resolutions ;)

New Year’s Eve sounds like a new start…We all get set for a regular resolution. As each Gregorian New Year begins, we make promises to ourselves about what we are going to do to make it a better year.

People allege that most New Year Resolutions do not last more than a day. At the most, they may extend for a few weeks but that never deters us from making fresh resolution for the brand new year.

Every year I tend to make different resolutions and failed miserably. Resolution, to me, is generally a solution to improve myself abit but the prefix RE tends to make me work for it again and again ;)

Ma New Year Resolution list ;)
    1) Gain some weight.
    2) To wake up early in the morning.
    3) Learn to ride a scooty.
    4) Learn a new language.
    5) Learn to pray more & worry less.
    6) Adieu to all social networking sites.

Well, above listed were my New Year resolutions...

Faced many twists and turns, Uff and hurray moments…In short, the journey so far resulted in a cool changeover…
    :thumbsup

I started working on these, before New Year (for a change), so as to succeed on one atleast before I quit…Well, I started with my fourth resolution…

Learn a new language: Hmm, selected French this time. I wished to learn French for I love paris ;)…Nah, not exactly, I love French because I love it (no specific reason to learn something new, right)…So I started browsing through some sites, watched few videos on the basic hi’s & hello’s in French for pronunciation purposes, followed by some basic conversations…Well I tried communicating in french with my bro (who doesn't even know abc in French) and with some of my students (who have French as an optional language) to gain some practical proficiency in the language for a couple of days…Then slowly may be after a week or two, I thought I have excelled in French and so I moved on towards the next… images (93).jpg

Learn to ride a scooty: I wanted my scooty on dusshra (last year) and was lucky enough to get it on the very same day. (spl. thanks to my ganesha for that) Now as I got ma scooty, its time for me to learn some riding viding…My bro had vacation in the month of December, so he promised me that he would teach me…I started this too, a week before new year…

We have a narrow & straight road without any curve or bend & this path looks perfect for ppl like me to begin…Other reason for selecting this path was that bike riders used to practice their stunts here. I’m a person who gets really irked seeing ppl riding 2 wheelers without helmet but donno what makes me go crazy for the bike stunts…
    :bonk

Well back to the topic, my bro briefly explained me and showed me how to proceed…my head started spinning hearing his instructions...
    download (9).jpg

Dos and Donts: Acceleration ghumaoh with your right hand---> neither too fast nor too slow---> Simultaneously brake hold karo with your left hand not too firm---> stand nikalo ---> balance karo---> indicator on karo (if necessary) --->helmet teek karo (in between), body tilt na karo, not that way/ not this way, don’t do that & don’t do this…OOOOH my god, this is so tough…I can’t ride a scooty…Though I practiced for a couple of days but I was like… that’s it, riding scooty, uff images (97).jpg

Well the second & last two resolutions on the list were something that just appear and reappear year after year in ma list but never worked on it…

Gain some weight - is something new that I have added in my list as I was bugged up with my mom and dad pestering me on this… images (99).jpg So I decided to gain some weight if not for me atleast for them…

Initially, I was not at all focusing on this too then came a twist in the tale…All thanks to
    Maddy (our Iliet) for her thread “Homemade natural face wash powder for glowing , clean and beautiful skin.”… Initially it sounded quite odd to me, seeing ladies wasting their time on hair and face but then looking at their fbs made me think about it and also helped me to kick start it… I started following some of her tips…having veggie smoothie in the morning to begin with [​IMG]+ some facepack (day/night) and hair pack (weekend) to add on the list. I never thought that I’ll be doing all these stuffs anytime in ma life, but I did and still doing…

Well it has some
    pros and cons too…

First let me talk about the
    Pros: BOYCOTTED soaps and creams and started using kitchen ingredients for my face and body. I guess, I used almost all the ingredients from my kitchen for the face mask except chilly and pepper powder LOL…Saved quite alot and finally the good news is that I gained 2 kgs (though I didn't actually work much on this)

Now comes the CONS : My mom started worrying, as these days, she notices my face covered with one or the other facial mask most of the time, (whenever i'm home)
    images (100).jpg (kabhi yellow, phir kabhi white then kabhi orange) I appear with a mask even at night and keep on running from kitchen to washroom to bedroom…

Her ultimate question for this was "
    Enna Getting ready for the bridal look huh??[​IMG] I just brush it off…[​IMG]
    Ab unhe kaise samjhao ki I started living a colorful life…

Well, I never bother to do these stuffs even during my college days. I never felt a need to look good and do blablabla stuffs, but it’s really good to spend some quality time for your skin and hair, for better U

I’m very happy with this noticeable change. Now Hurray to my resolution for gaining atleast 2 kgs ;) and Yuppiee for the bright changeover…

Thanks for reading :)

With love,
    Angellic :)

15 people like this.

2. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Hey Angelic:)
    REally Happy for u gal..

keep rocking :cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Thanks deepslikes & generic for liking ma post...

4. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Thanks alot ananyakiran for stepping in...Glad to receive ur fb...:bowdown

5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Resolute solutions (resolutions) you did achieve by Q1 - kudos A'

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Kkrish, panda2014 & DrPreetha for liking ma post...:)

7. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Yup...

Thanks GG...:hatsoff

8. stronglady2013

stronglady2013 Silver IL'ite

Nice post Angeliic...Excellent Narration..:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Thanks alot stronglady2013...

Cool username huh :thumbsup

10. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Hey Angellic!

That's a great piece of writing, just reminded me of my resolutions.. *Yikes!*

1 person likes this.