1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of blessings and curses - Humorous Snippet

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

The other day I checked my mail box and was greatly excited on receiving a mail from my friend M. On opening it I was disappointed that there were no personal pleasantries and that it contained only an attachment that ran as follows "please forward this mail to forty recipients and u shall be blessed with great fortune within 48 hours…. In case u ignore this and delete it something terrible awaits u ..etc etc" Frankly I did not finish reading it and erased it from my inbox with a click of the button. But however it did remain in my mind somewhere and hence this post. Now why do people remember me only when they have to protect themselves from any misfortune awaiting them. Dont I deserve something better "a hello ? ,how are u and family ?, so glad that u are alive and kicking on this earth" or something to that effect.
    Something similar happened to me ages ago when I was in school. A friend of mine S had received one such mail and was asked to write to twenty other people so that she would pass her exams with flying colours. Now with just a day for the exams to begin S was very worried about actually writing and sending twenty such messages because those were the days of Inlands and Envelopes .But I was brave enough to advise her to just ignore that and concentrate on her studies and assured her that she would do well. No fear of my prediction going wrong as S was always coming first in class. As usual she topped the class and both of us lost our fear of such mails forever.
    Today I shall talk to M and free her too from such fears…..

4 people like this.

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Big LaughBig LaughBig LaughYes Mindian , that was a real humuorous write up and a cool one, thanks such ones help to beat the heat here!
    Yes ,Its happened to me many times and I must confess initially I would often be in a dilemma about what to do, What if I delete it and something unpleasnat befalls, but then sending it to people didnt help eitherBig Laugh! So I've decided to delete it immediately the moment it shows its head on my mailbox!

Love,
    Devika

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Good one Mini.

If such emails were to make or mar our life...i am sure everyone will start doing this instead of the actual work.

I too delete it and pray to god tha i thank him for all he has given me and ask forgiveness for deleting the mail and that i don't want any such emails to decide my life. So by not forwarding i save other people of sny such situations.

Roopa.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

however sacred it may seem i delete it as i dont want to loose my friends..sunkan

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Very true....And long lost friends...i wud call them people than friends... send these crappy messages .....I shift+delete at once and no looking back or hard feelings....Good post Mindian....

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi Devika,

thanks for your fb....my first thread and I am happy to receive your appreciation

Mindi

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi roopa,

thanks for your fb..i agree with u ..if only it was so easy to receive blessings....

Mindi

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi sunkan,

that was good...i did not realise i would loose friends by forwarding them such messages...good i delete it immediately...thanks for your fb...

mindi

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi aishu,

thanks for your fb to my first thread..... and my first ever writeup.....it feels nice...

Mindi

10. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I too delete such mails. We need not give importance to such mails.

Lakshmi.