1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Go jump in a lake.........!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Apr 3, 2008.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

Go jump in a lake

Rama is back for hols. She is always chattering about seasons, price rise, joy rides hairstyle. The topics she does talk about are varied and may not remain in memory but talk time sure is fast and varied. She came limping
    Oh no not boils again I said
    No chithi not this time (thank god..!) I hurt myself when I got down from the bus and there is a slight swelling. This time I shut up my over the counter(?) kitchen remedies for her plight. Wasn’t last year enough lesson for me…?
    Last year she was here for hols as usual. She has a little daughter. So mother and daughter come home to my brother in law’s house opposite. After a couple of days here she started complaining. Oh chithi there are boils all over my head. I didn’t have anything like this in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hyderabad</st1:City></st1:place> (more hotter than it is here…!) just a couple of days and it comes boiling…?????...boils in the head?
    Rama why don’t you purge with castor oil. It would be a good idea to purge before summer is in full swing so that you don’t get summer problems like boils etc.
    Oh no chithi you know how I hate castor oil. Mummy used to run behind me when I was kutty but now I don’t take it. I don’t give my daughter either. She is just like me so why force it on her?
    Then do one thing rama take some bilwa juice a huge tumbler first thing in the morning and you can purge yourself of at least some matter.
    No chithi that no good too…I don’t like the taste…!
    Rama take an enema everyday…
    She had a stare all ready for me..
    What about the triphala tablet. That is just amla, kadukai and thanrikkai.
    Chithi you know you should never take any tablets without prescription even ayurvedic ones.
    Now I was getting really angry. Do I need to continue with the over the counter prescription. But you cant cure me of telling these so that she gets some relief..!!
    Rama take some tender coconut water
    She remained silent.
    For boils usually they apply rice powder mixed with some castor oil(again yuk…!) some turmeric bring to boil till it thickens and apply on boil..usually the boils will break in two days. I said
    Chithi first it is castor oil even when the boils come somewhere in the thighs calf muscle or somewhere I wont apply because my white chudi or light colour inskirt will get spoilt.
    And the boils are in the head;. Who knows what will happen if you apply turmeric. Maybe it will turn grey…! She had a point there I didn’t know if turmeric has any negative traits for hair colour
    Rama try the soap and lime then.
    Chithi that becomes red on mixing…!!
    How about aloe vera sure is good gel. Cut it and apply it or grind it in mixie and apply I said. I thought at last I had something that she cant say no to. I was wrong..
    Oh chithi how naïve you are… you know I don’t usually have my bath with anything other than shampoo of XXbrand. And then again who knows it might stink of aloe. That kathazhai naatham. I said no it doesn’t when you apply fresh ones. I do it every now and then.
    No chithi not me.. I seem to have an aversion to that smell.
    Try the avarai leaves then. Just grind it on the ammi and apply on your scalp. Want me to get the paste for you. I asked.
    Chithi sweet of you to do it. But you see I hate leafy things on my hair. God knows last year when I applied some paste it started falling off..
    I didn’t tell her…yaya it doesn’t fall with pizza ..laadus…chips, cokes only with green paste…!!
    I was boiling over….even wondering what if I get boils talking about boils to rama. She had an immediate answer for not taking the natural prescription.
    Chithi you have any other idea …it sure is itching as well….
    OMG I really didn’t know how I contained myself.. when we were kids we were taught not to use the harsh language for thittifying or swearing. So just an idiot or something very harmless words came to our rescue. I just yelled
    Rama go jump in a lake….!
    Luckily I didn’t say go boil your head…!!
    Rama came back after two days.. chithi so sweet chithi mine. I was wondering what was this `ice’ all about? Your advice worked.
    It was my turn to look puzzled. What ? I asked. You asked me to go jump in a lake…
    Oh no..! I said…
    Oh yes chithi… I did really enjoy my bath in the lake. Washed my hair with just plain water. And you know something ? the boils are all gone….!!!! Poye pochu…
    Ahaha

sathya

1 person likes this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Satya dearie,

So many nice remedies....will have to remember or note down them somewhere..sure is useful..

There are lot of them like your nieces everywhere....

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

patti sathyabhamakku yetha varisu u r telling all those things with patience thodarattum un encyclopedia kadaigal, very interesting yes rama is tough to handle..akka

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello shanthi

thanks for jumping
    in the lake
    oops...oh...reading
    the jumping in the lake
    sure has some points
    if you note down
    can save a few boils
    boiling over...!!

sathya

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

name or no name
    nowhere near
    patti...
    the too good one
    for handing out kitchen cures

sathya

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Satya,
    Sooo many remedies....WOW ..Thanks for that first.And ur write up was too good.

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello aishu

ahaha
    so the boils are getting attention after all...!!
    after posting y/day i thought
    with fifty views to count
    and only two reply
    that too one from my sis?

sathya

8. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

hi maam,
    oooh, that was hilaaarious...Big Laugh
    an aunt with so many remedies,and a niece follows the only one which is not intended to be so...:lol:
    wow, so u and sunkan maam are sisters? didnt know...what a versatile family...nalladhoru kudumbam....

rgds,
    sowpar

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sathya,

Glad to see so many 'natural remedies' for boils...
    'Lake' remedy is accidental but can it be included as a remedy...:idea

sriniketan

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

anbulla sathya
    Knowledge I did not have
    and no reason to justify
    somehow i missed this
    cute thread you wrote..
    so nice ..so different
    I get to see s new side of you..
    do keep writing