1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jai Ganesh Maharaj

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Jai Ganesh Maharaj

Yesterday, being a Sunday, as me and my friend came back from playing cards, we happened to pass the Ganesh Temple, very famous here, they say, it is Kapil Dev;s favourite Ganesh Temple. The other road was blocked, and I had no choice but to take this crowded one.

And we see thousands of people, mostly women, in all their finery , going towards the temple, and the roadside stall chaps doing roaring business. And I am sure the policemen too must have done good business, if u know what I mean eh !

I and Ganeshji , our relationship is very different. I respect him, but I don’t worship him, or revere him as such, for I fear the wrath of the other gods. Its like , if u love the Congress, and take part in their rallies, and if BJP comes to power, then BJP can screw my happiness , for I belong to the opposite party ! So I am diplomatic, and don’t try too much to please or follow one God, for my own safety, u see.Maybe u people may call me a fair weather friend, but I cant lie, so be it. Hence in the pooja room that I have in my office, I have all gods, for u never know who may be busy, so keep all the gods , so that all are pleased.

And so yesterday I remembered Ganeshji. Because I happened to pass that way. And quite a few questions arose in my mind, which I wanted to ask him, but the signal turned green and off I had to go and head home, as it was late already.

I came home, settled down with a nice soft drink, for I have almost given up drinks, not had a drop in this calendar eyar, so make do with what ever that comes my way. As I had my frist sip, I suddenly felt very uneasy, very heavy in my heart, and it felt like I was having a heart attack. Suddenly I remembered Ganesha, and said, is this because I did not come to visit u at the temple among all that crazy crowd ?

And lo, what do I see, Ganesha sitting right in front of me on the sofa, my heart feeling light once again. Wow, I thanked him for saving my life, and fell at his feet. Before I could touch his feet, he lifted me up and hugged me, and said, Kamal, don’t do this please, u are one of my special friend, pleae don’t do this.

I said first Ganesha, what will u have, to drink, I can offer u Scotch, in which I have Gold Label, or whatever u desire, and he just smiled, and said I am fine, we gods don’t drink. Well I let that one go. He said I am fine, dotn worry, and I see some of the most delicious ladoos in his hand, and I asked for one, but he refused, and swallowed all fast, before I could land my hand on one. Stingy god eh !

I told him what brought u here, he said, u remembered me when u were crossing the temple, and since I know u wont come to meet me, I decided to come and meet u. I checked your heart, it was empty, there was no Sheela or Meena, or Rakhi Sawant there, so I pooped in there, hence u felt it was heavy eh ! And your heart is good, we feel nice there.

We ? who we ? Ganesha smiled, as one smiles on a retarded kid, and said “ kamal, u are one special person and we gods when we come to earth, first come to yr heart, for a short while, for there are very few pure hearts around these days. Then we go around.All of us have come some or the other time.

I said, Boss, I don’t pray, I don’t go to temples, I don’t donate my hair, I don’t go to living Gurus, I don’t put a penny in the temples donation box, maybe u are looking for another kamal, there are so many kamal’s around, so maybe u have come to the wrong heart. And Ganeshji burst out laughing, his tummy rolling merrily.

Kamal, u know what I like about u ? Even though u don’t pray, or do anything else, u do something that many others don’t. You make my children smile, and laugh , through yr blogs and Whats App , you mind your own business, u are at peace with the world, even though u have never been to a cruise, or owned a Mercedes, yet u desire nothing, and are happy with whatever little I have given u.

And since the last year, I have given u a torrid time. First Cancer, then the kidney operation, then I took away yr best friends, the ciggies and Whiskey, which were yr constant companions, and yr daughter’s engagement broke recently, and yet u keep thanking me, and us, for giving u a second lease of life, for saying , it may be for the better where the daughter’s eng is concnerned.Any other person in yr place would have cursed me.

And I told him , Ganeshji my sindhi God Lalsai is very angry during yr visarjan, for u pollute the sea, and Lalsai resides in the sea and he is shown riding the Hilsa fish, in Sindhi called Palla, and he says, the water gets polluted and the fishes die, during yr visarjan.Ganeshji smiled and said, what can I do, I don’t tell people to drown me, but they don’t listen. I tell them , why do u pray to me these 11 days, why don’t u remember me all thru the year, and I will come and reside in yr heart. But I need a pure heart, and kamal to me it does not matter if eat or drink, but I need a pure heart like yours to reside .

And I said , Ganeshji before u go , can I give u a piece of advise. And he laughed and said, first time someone has had the guts to give me an advise, but u re special tell me.

I said , u eat so much ladoos, and look at yr belly it os rotund, kindly come with me and get yr sugar checked, u may be having diabeties. I will spend on yr test, a good 60 bucks, but please get it done.

And he let out a huge laugh, and said, I am god, and gods don’t have health issues like u mortals, but thanks anyway kamal for the concern, and before I go, whoosh, he said, and out came a nice cute ladoo, he said eat this, and listen, I bless u, get ur sugar checked tomm and I will keep diabeties away from u.

And then he bid me good bye, and said, I have to go visit others too, remember I am a VIP these days, but whenever u remember me, I will be there n yr heart, and with u, u are never alone, Kamal.With that another whoosh and he was gone.

Today morning I get it random checked, and it came out to 108, not bad eh !

Bye Ganeshji, I cannot even say, till I meet u next year, for I know u are always with me, and always with those whose heart is pure, and who make others smile and laugh .

Would u all want Ganeshji to be with u, friends ? Then follow what he said, and also he tol;d me, that I will visit those all who will post good comments on your blog.

See I have given u the hint.

Happy Ganesh Chaturvedi.

KAMAL MAHTANI

"Revital" cancels Salman and Yuvraj as its brand ambassadors

and offerred the role to

AASARAM.!!!!!

=================================================

Husband - My Wife Is A Strong Believer Of Vastu-Shastra !!!

Whenever We Have A Fight She Lifts Any Vastu

And Uses It As a shastra.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

�� Law of equality :
    The time taken by a wife when she says I'll get ready in 5 min is exactly equal to the time taken by husband when he says 'I'll cal u in 5 min!��
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Law of Queue:
    If you change queues, the one you have left will start to move faster than the one you are in now.
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Law of Telephone:
    When you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy tone.��
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Law of Mechanical Repair:
    After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Law of the Workshop:
    Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.��
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    ��Bath Theorem:
    When the body is immersed in water, the telephone rings.
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Law of Encounters:
    The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Law of the Result:
    When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will. 
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Law of Bio mechanics:
    The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach. 
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Theatre Rule:
    People with the seats at the farthest from the screen arrive last.
    ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    �� Law of Proposal :
    After u accept a proposal you will get a better one..

11 people like this.

2. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

Well said Kamalji. Humorously written with deep insight. Great one.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Indeed Kamalji, Lord Ganesha will always bless you and has been for all the joy you spread around. We all think of him don't we on this birthday of his, ritualistic or not! That is the beauty of this Lord, he is talking to all of us like we are his only friends and even lets the likes of Cheeniya sir get upset with him :) Happy Ganesh Chathurthi, Kamalji!

PS: Loved all your Murphy's laws!

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

What can I say? Your sense of humor is reflected throughout the post at the same time you have the knack of giving subtle messages to all of us. How can I not oblige giving good response to this post especially when you invoke the name of the Lord Ganesha? Who can face the wrath of Lord Ganesha?

I have written in many of my posts that the Lord never expects us to worship Him. He expects us to lead an ideal and purposeful life that would help us realize who we really are. The Lord gives everything we want only to make us understand to ask what He wants to give. You don't have to go to any temple, if you have a pure heart, the Lord will come and reside in such a heart. Bhagavad Gita gives 34 qualities that one should possess to consider himself/herself a devotee loved by the Lord.

They are harbor no ill will, return love for hate, be friendly and compassionate, remain beyond "I" and "mine", be unperturbed by pain and pleasure, possess firm faith, be forgiving, be ever contented, always meditate on the Lord, remain peaceful, neither be an agitator in, nor agitated by the world, be free of fear, accept the knocks of life as blessings in disguise, do worldly duties unconcerned, untroubled by life, expect absolutely nothing, remain pure internally and externally, be ready to be the Lord's instruments, be ready to meet any demands the Lord makes, ask nothing of the Lord, do not rejoice or feel revulsion, do not grieve, do not yearn for possessions, remain unaffected by bad or good, remain full of devotion to the Lord internally, live in the Self, not in the worldly commotion, hold the same attitude towards friend and foe, be indifferent to honor or ignominy, remain same to the heat or cold, remain same to praise and criticism, control talking and remain silent within, be generally content with life, remain unattached to worldly things, be unattached even to home and always keep in mind that loving the Lord is the only sole concern in life.

I will be happy if I achieve at least a few of them even if I don't achieve exalted status of a devotee. But if one can get those 34 qualities, the Lord will oblige the request of such a devotee at his/her beck and call. Remember, it is the devotion of Draupathi that brought Lord Krishna to come to the assembly of the Kingdom and provide thousands of yards of saree to save her dignity. Remember it is the devotion of Gopikas that made them spend their life with the Avatar during their entire childhood. I can list endless stories of true devotees.

Kamalji a small correction to your joke:

Husband - My Wife Is A Strong Believer Of Vastu-Shastra !!!

Whenever We Have A Fight She Lifts Any Vastu

And Uses It As a shastra.

The last word should be "Astra" meaning "weapon".

Viswa

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Kamal Bro you are the best, Ganeshji must be liking your blogs too. He does not want anyone else to be in your heart , only Him. Enjoyed reading your humerous post which brought a smile on my face and I am going right now to the Finest post Forum to post my fourth nomination. You have opened your heart not only to Ganeshji but to all of us, like how Hanuman has Lord Rama and Sita in his heart, you have Ganeshji in your Heart because Ganeshji knows He will be safe there. Thanks for sharing such a humerous and lovely post which will bring a smile on everyone's face and make them forget their worries. Kamalji ki Jai ho

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhardwaj,

Thank u so much . thanks for the kinds words and the first FB.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

Cheeniya can afford to get upset with Ganeshji, but i cant, u see, he will stop giving me ladoos.HAHA

Same to u, And u know what, harsha keeps telling me dont eat nonveg on these days, but i cant help myself, i am bound for hell sabita, what to do.HAHA

But he is kind to a bloke like me, now dotn get jelous.

REgards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

about the joke, u are correct. i just posted it as it came, copy paste, thanks for the correction.

What u say abotu oru behaviour is so true, but how many follow these principles of life? All we talk of is being veg, non drinkier etc, if u go to any guru, the firs tthings they say is become veg and leave nonveg, only then we will take u in our fold.

why so ?

it is our behaviour that is more important than what we eat or drink from our own earnings. And all that u have listed is really so true, heard from my parents and grandmother since ages, but how many of us follow it.

and thank u so much for the niomination, i am touched.

There is no message really in the blog it was a light peice, but if u do find one, thank u.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji sis,

thank u so much for the nomination. i am touched.

i am sorry i made u finish yr fourth and last nomination for my blog.

Wishing u a very happy Ganesh Chaturvedi, God bless u and ur family.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamal Bro why should you be sorry, I am glad that I could nominate your thread. I usually finish my nominations in the beginning of the month only. Ganeshji also must be happy that I nominated your thread on his Birthday and also happy that you wrote a blog for Him