1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

'Change' is the one that does not change

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by getstrngth, Sep 2, 2013.

1. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

'Change' is the one that does not change

I got this new android device which is connected to my TV. I've an app which helps me browse through different channels. I can feel the roots when I watch India channels. I love changing channels. Yesterday I was browsing through one of the tamil channels and saw a program recorded maatram thevai (change needed) on vijay TV. This channel is known for its unique programs. When all the channels telecast movies and soaps, this would bring in an innovative thought provoking show. Coming back to the topic, the title of the show inspired me to watch the show. I was so glad that I watched it and didn't miss the show.Unlike other shows it was not about cinema, celebrity game show or even a random talk show. It was to honor and give away awards to for their achievements. The amount of changes they have bought in the life of the people around them is incredible. Since I enjoyed the programme, Let me start describing about few people and few awards presented.

Mr.Franklin : He was awarded best teacher award. He works for a municipality primary school. 3 children get a computer. They have better chairs, tables, better classrooms. The whole ambiance makes it feel like a private school. This teacher has worked for different schools and he has improved all the schools he has worked for. He has influenced many village students come to school regularly and utilize the benefits government has provided in the field of education. This award was presented by Prof.D.Mohandoss He mentioned that if he had studied in the school run by Franklin he would have reached much more higher level.

Alathur Village : This village was in a bad state. It did not have a basic facility like hospital or school. All the villagers got together and decided to work on the change. They spoke with each villager got some contribution, built a 20lac hospital. They have a school now. Have taught the women their tailoring and beauty skills. The village head spoke that they are now planning to open a English medium school. The village is going to start a paper cup manufacturing company. This is because people will have job opportunity and will not leave the village. The village head told that if you work with sincerity people will definitely join you. So let us all work hard to make India a better nation.
    This award was presented by actor Sivakumar. He is known for his philanthropist act. He was so glad that he presented this award. He told that he was the only guy from his village who passed SSLC. He mentioned that had he been bought in a village like this he would have never moved out to the city.

Mr.Piyush Manush: This man is from a affluent family. In Salem district ,all the companies, real estate people have been closing the lakes to start their company. This is cutting the source of natural water. All the natural water is getting contaminated. He wanted to save the lake in his area. So he got some soil removed and built small hill around the lake. On these small hills, he planted trees. Animals, birds started residing. Because of this the soil started protecting drying of the lakes. This man changed his sir name because he didn't want people to differentiate him.
    This award was presented by actor Rohini. She is known for her open thoughts and helping nature.

Mr.Jayaram : This man is an ordinary farmer. There are 180 varieties for rice seeds. We are loosing seed for many varieties of rice. This farmer has been travelling by bus/train/cycle around different villages starting from Tamil nadu, Andhra, Karnataka, Orissa and West Bengal collecting different seed variety. Now he has 12,000 odd farmers exchanging rice seeds.
    This award was presented by a Balaji HR person. He told that all these people are real superstars and we should stop worshiping cinema stars.

Mr.Nagarajan : There are so many inspiring sports person in our country.But many students don't have that facility or money to register themselves under a good coach. This man has started an athletics school with hostel for 70 people. He travels around Tamil Nadu to find out the best inspiring sports person and then coaches them for free. Last year in Asian games, one of his student won gold medal.

Mr.Dinesh : In a city like Chennai, people are fast moving. They don't have time to look around. A man committed suicide by jumping into Koovam (the most contaminated dirty river of Chennai) with his child. This young IT professional guy, jumped in without thinking to save them. He was able to save the kid's life and not the father.

Mr.Chidambaram : This 70yrs cow herd gentleman has been saving 1000acre land from construction and destruction. This Adichanallur village (Tuticorin district) has stones, excavates as old as 10,000 years old. Some of the German people have stole our excavates and its still in their museum. This old man knows the history of the place and has been saving the place. He has so many old books, manuscripts which tells about the existence of Kumari Kandam. He has instigated this thought to his village people. So that they can save it after his death. This man mentioned that being a cow herd, he didn't expect this honor and never knew his act was worth to be mentioned.

Two sisters : These two sisters are amazing. When they were 15, they realized that they had multiple sclerosis. As they could not move, education was stopped. They were stuck inside the four walls. That time they decided to read more books.Learnt more about their disease and came to know there was no treatment for it. But then they started a trust for multiple sclerosis. They started treating inspiring other children/parents how to overcome this disease and look at the world with a smile.

Mr.Namalvar : This 70yrs young man found a way to stop using fertilizers for agriculture and instead use natural manure. He has changed so many village to organic farming.

Retired Engineer : He worked as an engineer for 42 yrs. He realized that the rain water harvest method was not good. He opted for a voluntary retirement, invested his money to build a innovative cost effective rain water harvest method. He has installed this to all the surrounding areas of his place.

Ms.Haniska Motwani: She started her career at the age of 10 and became a young established south Indian top heroine. At the age of 22 she has adopted 21 kids. She has been sponsoring their living and education.

The things that they did for the society made me feel ashamed and guilty. I would call myself as selfish. I'm just concerned about my life, my family and my happiness. I thought I should make this as a record so decided to publish on the internet. Let this not be another read and get back to our normal life, but rather wish everyone here to take this as motivation.

I hope some day I'm useful to the society.

15 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear getstrngth,

thank you for taking the time to document these people. Well written! Indeed change is the only constant and it is better to make that change inside of our circle of influence constantly and consistently than not to do at all. Thank you for that reminder, there are so many heroes like that. I remember watching about a guy on CNN from one of the African countries who in his travels would collect the soaps from the bath rooms and reused back home for the people in the village he came from. The statistics of how much of such soap which can be used else where was mind boggling and I can't recall well now!

1 person likes this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice share GTS - thanks.

I missed watching this show.

I attach here the YouTube link of this show for all to watch.

I shall also watch it definitely.

[video=youtube;DtlwQwQO2hI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtlwQwQO2hI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

2 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Getstrngth,

Thank you for writing this wonderful post. It is a big eye opener for people like me. My Guru used to say, "How good is your education, if it does not help people around you to overcome their day to day problems?" These people are role models for many of us to raise above our selfish tendencies and begin doing small actions (however small it is). I was watching a Ted.com video in which an Indian highly educated person taught everything that is needed to villagers and made them do remarkable things. He has now developed that into a worldwide mission addressing people in Africa and many other places. If you like to watch it, please review it here Bunker Roy: Learning from a barefoot movement | Video on TED.com. We need more Bunker Roys to improve the life of many people below the poverty line.

Like what Cheeniya Sir mentioned, these people should motivate more and more to get engaged in the society more than feeling guilty. The feeling of fear and guilt keeps us in bunkers and don't make Bunker Roy out of us.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  5. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Well said Viswa sir! I sometimes get into mood swings with the way my life is going. Unintentionally I start to compare my life with others for example people of my age are settled in career, mostly married and some with kids. But me even after a Master's degree to start my career my career was a big time challenge. My mom used to keep telling/encouraging me "GS you are not for a regular life like us ie get married have kids and just with do things like others. You are born for a purpose. Think hard and find the purpose of your life."

This program definitely made me feel guilty for being selfish. I'm still finding a way to contribute to this society. Hope to achieve that soon. I asked my mom to also watch this show. After watching she reminded me of the same "When ever you fall into mood swings, think of these great minds. Try to contribute to the society".

I will definitely watch the video. Please do read this article also. This is about another selfless act.

Bissamcuttack | nonsense girl

Also please watch this video. This is pretty hilarious also innovative! Wish to support these people and their talent

Arunachalam Muruganantham: The first man to wear a sanitary napkin #INKtalks - YouTube

1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Getstrngth,

Thank you for your comprehensive response. I always believe one who is obsessed with such heroes are always longing to help the society. No wonder you think in this direction. I have already reviewed the video of Arunachalam Muruganantham. I will definitely review the article you mentioned.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Getstrength,
    I too watched this programme when it was halfway through. I was very much impressed and Vijay TV is really doing a yeomen service and bringing awareness. It was really heartening to know that people from grass-root level are trying to do something that could be beneficial to the society.

Last night in their Super singer programme they had invited Sankaranethralaya doctors as guests. Many youngsters pledged their eyes on the stage itself and also we came to know how Sankaranethralaya is doing service to the poor and school children through their preventive eye-care.

Glad to know that your mother has a noble mind and motivates you to do service to the needy.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  8. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Nice to know mam that you also watched the programme. I stopped watching super singer will try to watch this episode.

9. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear getstrngth Sister,

By Baba's grace I hope you doing fine, Yeah you are TRUE!!! in the present scenario, everybody wants to mind their own business, there is hardly ever anytime to talk to neighbours, friends for some to even visit temples/Religious places.

It is sad even at the working environment, people tend to do work just for doing and not with divinity or seriousness for whatever they have been paid for. If everyone does their work properly then things would go well, when these are happening then where is the time to think "What is purpose of life or How useful in a little way we could be to others"

Glad that CHANGE has peeped in YOU and with the same motivation if you could you can understand the purpose of this life it would be rewarding.

"Take the CHANGE" in the right move and "see the CHANGE" for yourself, your path will be CHANGED over to what you have to be by BABA's will.

Best Wishes... May Baba guide you always. SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Getstrngth,

Ooh! I had problems typing your username!:) The missing 'e' wanted to somehow creep in and I had to delete it several times before I got it right!! Wonder why the English language takes trouble with its vowels, we can well do without it 'I' guess?:)

Coming to the point, Congratulations on being nominated to FP by Viswamitra.

Change is the only constant in life, that has been agreed upon by many. But to bring about a positive change is not at all considered by most, sadly.

Thanks to you for enlightening people like me about this program on Vijay TV. First of all, I am glad to note that a TV channel has invested its money and time on such a worthy program. We surely must encourage the channel's efforts. Secondly, thanks to this post that I got to know about some VIPs who are really worth knowing instead of all those corrupt politicians, life and times of starlets who really don't make a difference and most of all, those weepy soaps! These are the real VIPs we should be aware of and the more programs dedicated to them, the better for us.

Besides watching such shows will also inspire and motivate others to follow suit. And that is the big plus that we simply cannot ignore. I watched the clip that was pasted here and must say it makes one really happy to know such people and efforts exist.

Yes, 'be the change you want to see in the world' !

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.