1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Once an enemy, now my bestie :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Angellic, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Once an enemy, now my bestie :)

I was the most pampered kid in my family (well, even now I’m). I was 5, when my mom told me to pray to god for a bro…Bro, nah I always wanted a sister as I already have a brother. So I prayed to god for a sister…God didn’t listen to my wish:cry:…My mom won…It was 23rd July, he was born…All my family members were happy with the new arrival except me…I saw all the eyes turned towards him. No one bothered about me…I lost my position. He took my place. This was the root cause of my enmity for him. I used to sleep next to my mom, but after his arrival, he grabbed my place without any efforts. I used to please everyone with my tears but he does that very easily with his smile…

Once he was in Grade I, he fell down and got severely hurt on his forehead. Our murthi’s uncle (our school peon) dropped him home. Looking at his blood stained face, tears started flooding from ma eyes with fear. We rushed him to the hospital. Generally, I used to make my face as sad as possible to avoid injection but he was smiling like a Cheshire cat…:confused2:

When the doc took the injection, I closed my eyes tightly expecting a COL (cry out loud) from him but when I opened my eyes. I saw him innocently smiling at the doc…I really felt a pain in my heart when I saw him hurt…But still I hated him…

When I was in tenth, he was in fifth then, both were in morning section…used to travel in the same schoolbus, but never sit together. I always makes him sit in a comfort place and attimes need to maskofy his friends to get him his fav window seat too. I always have chocolates in my bag. I generally don’t like chocolates but my bro does. I used to keep chocolates for him. And in every lunch break, he used to make a visit to ma class, just to finish his breakfast with my chocolate. Every Friday, my mom used to allow us to have breakfast from our canteen. My bro used to save a small portion of his vada pav for me as he knows, vada pav is my fav…

Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles, kindness, and small obligations given habitually, are what preserve the heart and secure comfort. My thought about him slowly changed with his care and love for me. Now, I realize that was so great of god to give me such a lovely bro. :bowdown

He always accompanies me whenever I needed him. I torture him a lot but he never gets mad at me. Whenever I feel sad, he always boasts me with his positive words and his words always does wonders in my life.

He knows me more than what I know about me. I always get mad at him and been stubborn at times. He understands my mood swing and always act wisely. He can read my mind very easily…I can’t hide my thoughts from him…

Life always takes unexpected twists and turns…one such turn was that I started loving my enemy and the twist was that now he is ma bestie. He was never my enemy as such; it was my age and immaturity which made me think about him as an enemy…I can’t spend a day without him. We share almost everything with each other. He is very special to me. His smiley face, helping nature, and daring attitude makes him quite popular among his friends. He has many friends and may have even more in the future but I’m sure none can occupy ma place…same way I too have friends and may have some more in the future but none can take his position in ma heart…

Its Rakshabandan today, I just wanna wish him all success in his life…I want my God to bless him and protect him; and be gracious to him; and look with favor on him and give him peace and happiness…that’s all I wish for my bro…sorry bros…:bonk

PS: I will write another snippet on “Once an enemy, now also an enemy” for my elder bro…:hide:

I wish all my IL bros and sis a very happy Rakshabandhan!!!

Thanks for reading…

with love,
    Angellic 

33 people like this.

2. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

What a great way to honor a brother on this day!
    Your best quote "Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles, kindness, and small obligations given habitually, are what preserve the heart and secure comfort."

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Angellic,

I truly enjoyed your account of how once an enemy turned out to be your best friend. I have noticed in life that most of our enmity is made out of trivial things. Similarly, it takes a very small effort to win the heart of another person. In your case, you looked at your brother as a competitor occupying your position in the family. Once you began to see your relationship with him and overall picture of all aspects of your brother, your thoughts about him occupying your position disappeared.

I wish you and your brother a long life and happiness.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  4. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

very nice snippet dear, may your love for each other grow everyday.

1 person likes this.
  5. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Very nice snippet :) Beautifully written!

1 person likes this.
  6. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

a very heartfelt snippet ! loved this post of yours :)

1 person likes this.
  7. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippet. May your bonding with him grow day by day

1 person likes this.
  8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

lovely snippet Angellic!!lucky brother to have such sister...GOD bless you both...

1 person likes this.
  9. charmbabez

charmbabez Gold IL'ite

lovely snippet bounded with love .... its always special to have bestie aside us nice you had one in the form of brother ..God bless you both.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Wow god bless u both

1 person likes this.