1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to know the marital status of Indian Male

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ansh12, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all
    I am narrating a very interesting incident. :)
    I had been to ICTP(International Centre for Theoretical Physics), Trieste, Italy for one month on an academic assignment., sometime ago, wheni was legally married.
    We were around eleven Indians, few pakistanis and nepali in all 83 people from third world countires(from philiphines, korea, south american countries, Africa and so on). I salute Bowthe visionary that Dr. Abdus Salam was, he built up the centre for the scientist from third world countries, as he felt that they lag behind due to lack of resources. He didn't surrender his pakistani citizenship till his death.
    There was one person very jolly fellow :), a vaishnavite from Kalpakkam. He could be recognised by the vermillion bindi on his forehead.
    At work, I use to be in jeans/trousers. But, when, I use to go for sight seeing(to Venice etc.) i use to be an staunch Indian, dressed in traditional dresses. Silk sarees and silk salwar Kameez(it was winter time), all with bright colors, magenta, peacock blue etc.I am patriotic and I become even more possessive when I travel abroad. Home is a home, one doesn't shun it if its not a palace.
    I must say, if i had not been married and mother of a kid, I would ceratinly got many proposals. People just loved saree. A columbian took my photograph also in the same. :crazy
    One egyptian lady asked me how do I wear this saree and asked me the significance of that round thing I put in my forehead (bindi). I told that it signifies that I am married(I am a north Indian and in north India, girls don't put maroon bindi till they get married). She said oh! I was wondering why that man puts that red bindi on his forehead, he is also married! I couldn't control my laughter Big Laughand after I had a good one, I explained to her, that in India, there is no indication about the marital status of the male.
    Now ILites what do you say "Shouldn't there be some indication, if a male is married or single, atleast, we will saved from all those post of have being cheated by men who posed to be singles". So what say....
    In west, they have wedding rings. In india it should be more traditional. Idea,:idea all married male should keep a shikha or a small choti(like chanakya) tied in a knot
    Or they should wear a red thread around their neck, (meaning please stop at a distance already taken).
    Everyone is welcome to post weirdest of ideas, that how should indian males marital status be indicated.:wink:
    Ansh

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008

2. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Ansh

In a lighter vein... if a man is going to stare at you unabashedly.. you can trust him to be very much married !!!

cheers

Bhooma

3. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ansh ma’am

A nice write-up with a good subject in it..I was in splits reading your line, Oh.. I was wondering why that man puts that red bindi on his forehead..Big LaughBig Laugh

Will state my views here..

Options that are ruled out-

1)Metti on foot – Now a days its even tough to find whether a girl is married or not by seeing this. Girls have started wearing it even before their marriage. I can list out a number of colleges in Chennai where this has become a fashion now. Being this the case with girls.................shakehead

2)Next comes rings in hands – If we start identifying by this, we may have to end up in concluding that, that particular person, even an unmarried man has done marriage 8 times.. This is how rings are being worn today in almost all the eight fingers, leaving alone the thumbs.. You can hear to nice stories if you ask them about this like…This one? You know what..i never removed this since my mom placed it there on my very first birthday, this one? This was presented to me by my elder sister n this my granny gave when she was on her death bed n all that..:rotfl

Options that are possible-

1)Bindhis – That foreigner u have met has given us a good idea! We use bindhis in different shapes n different colours.. Likewise there should be some designs formulated for married men too…like…the danger symbol showing a skull with two bones or something like that..:twisted:

2)Earrings – Earrings are in high demand now! Both the genders are using it with a competitive spirit.. That danger sign in earrings will suit good..Wow! What a nice combination it will be when this kind of bindhis n earrings are worn together!!

The most simplest way to idenify-

3)As Bhooma ma'am has stated, the easiest way to identify is from the ogle looks coming from married men..Big Laugh

Love
    Meena

4. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

According to me guys don't need any symbolic representation of being married. Their silence it their logo that they are married.

Regards
    Sri

5. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Very well said Srivatsa.

Yes, most of the talking is done by females(females speak 20,000 words as opposed to males who, speak only 7000 a day). I have something in mind, which will make you laugh. I shall be posting it in a day or two, showing my solidarity towards males, as I am not biased towards males. Simply,a bad experience doesn't make all males bad. My father, my brother, my Ph.D supervisor, Mr. Cheeniya, Mr varalotti are the exapmle of some of the finest males I have come across.

So, just wait for the post, which will exclusively in favour of male members.

I hope you didn't mind everything said in lighter vein.

Regards
    Ansh