1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 19, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you!

–Christian D. Larson

I am always the extreme, dont know when I will change myself. Sometimes with small pleasures I am very happy. When someone appreciates me I am in the top of the world. When I get the superfast fb I am very happy . I am very happy when I get many responses to my thread. At the same time when something negative happens I get disturbed and worry about that. I feel low at that time and want to share with someone so that I will get some consolation.

Today also I was very happy because it was my brother in law's 70th birthday and his son had arranged for Bhima Shanthi without telling his father and wanted to give a surprise. He is my husband's younger brother and his wife is no more. His son want to see his father happy so he told his near and dear ones that he is going to give a surprise today. So without his father's knowledge arranged for everything, whatever doubts he had he took our help and morning me and dh went with him and also his aunty came and we put Rangoli and arranged everything for the function. In the function could meet my dh's two sisters, his 3 nieces and their husbands and we had a nice time. During our conversation I felt hurt about something, though that time I did not feel but later after I came home was feeling bad about it.

it is not what happens to us that hurts us… It is our response which hurts us.

The above quote is true to what happened today. I was just thinking about that and wanted to share with someone. I dont know whether my sister had telepathy about it, that she called me. Usually after six she never calls but today she called. I told her I was feeling a little low and right time you called. For that she told me I knew that you must be very happy in the function today but at the same time you must have felt bad about what someone told you. I told her ya I am extreme in both, either I feel very happy or very sad, small pleasures make me very happy and same time something small which happened also hurts me. She was saying you dont miss to attend any function and enjoy life but at the same time if something happens you sit and worry about that. But what to do I am like that. I dont want to worry about it but I feel very low at times , how much I try to control I am not able to. After talking to her I felt good but I thought if I share with you all I will feel more comfortable.

To those who see with loving eyes, Life is beautiful.
    To those who speak with tender voices Life is Peaceful.
    To those who help with gentle hands Life is Full.
    And to those who care with compassionate hearts,
    Life is Good beyond all measure…

Talk more With Someone Who Makes U Happy..But, Try to Talk atleast a few minutes with Someone Who Can’t Be Happy Without U..”Feel the Difference”.

15 people like this.

2. TheSahil

TheSahil Gold IL'ite

Great words!

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou Sahil dear for the fast and first fb

4. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Wow,Vijima,Its amazing how you churn out such apt and meaningful posts,not able to keep track! Or write a FB that will do justice to them! :)

"Talk more With Someone Who Makes U Happy..But, Try to Talk atleast a few minutes with Someone Who Can’t Be Happy Without U..”Feel the Difference”."
    Very True!Now I need to find someone who can't be happy without me!!

Vijima, Can you advise me how "be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind"..I'm seriously asking ,I want to achieve that too.When someone you care about hurts you every time,how does one become detached?

2 people like this.
  5. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

amazing words :)

1 person likes this.
  6. CountUrBlessing

CountUrBlessing Bronze IL'ite

Good one!...

1 person likes this.
  7. Rimjhim1486

Rimjhim1486 Bronze IL'ite

Superb Vijima, Really felt good with your last line. Keep on posting :) take care

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Racr dear I always enjoy reading your fb , at times feel touched with your loving comments. From your posts I can understand that you are a loving person so I am sure there will be many who are not happy without you.
    I can just advise you to pray to God when someone hurts you , He will show the right path. I always rely on God for everything and when hurt share with you all so that I get different views from everyone

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Curious dear glad you liked the post

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you liked the post