1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

45 days into 2013 - Any changes to our life?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Krsnapriya, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Happy Valentine's Day to all !!:)

Just realised that we are 45 days into the new year. Is that some milestone of sorts?? Well, I simply made it a milestone :)

Many of us would have made some resolutions at the beginning of the year that we hoped would impact our lives in big or small ways.

Just taking a re-look at them now...

I wanted to increase the length of my day by rising an hour earlier. This would give me one full hour to do things that I loved and for which I was always short of time.

I am actually writing this post in that extra hour that I have got :) I have been rising at 4 am for the last 45 days instead of my regular 5 am. This means 45 more active hours to my life. I have used the early morning hours in reciting prayers, reading or sometimes just doing nothing but feeling the stillness, silence and purity of the dawn. It has made me a more cheerful and serene person. My family and many of my friends have noticed the change !!

It will be nice to hear the experiences of others . So, Please do share your experience so far with your resolutions...

Love,
    Krsnapriya

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    2 people like this.

2. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

hello krsnapriya

good to know that getting up an hour before is adding so much to ypour life yes 45 days into the new year i made so many resolutions

first one is about my weight loss-- yes theres not much but i am able to give up sweets and sweet treats , junkie food

figured out my priorities in life and yes its making me more confident

waking up early --- its really making me a verey sane person as i can pray , and do stuff with out hurrying and troubling others especially my kids

this year my elder daughter started going to school so a routine is fixed in the family before things used to happen leisurely but they are happening ontime which is good

the most important thing is i want to ignore and forget and forgive my inlaws so far i had only two bouts of getting depressed so i am happy that i an finding myself on the track of being a happier and confident myself

and todays most important resolution is not to search for recipes . i used to do this a lot all my free time some times my other important things used to take less priority i keep searchin for the recipes, book mark them but now as soon as i took the resolution i cleared all the bookmarked pages and i now i am more clear in my thought
    and that time instead of searching for something which i never cook , i typed this... so its a good start

1 person likes this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hearty welcome to you in snippets ,krsnapriya and a very happy valentine's day to you too :)

Just realised that we are 45 days into the new year. Is that some milestone of sorts?? Well, I simply made it a milestone :)

I loved this thought of yours.As long as you think any day is special to you it is bound to be so.

And I loved your determination. I know early to rise is a very good habit, but it is something I have not practised. :) But I also know that if it is a MUST I can do it. Thankfully, right now I am at that phase of life where I can be a little laidback :)))

1 person likes this.
  4. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Nope - just swore this morning :)

2 people like this.
  5. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear arch,
    Better luck next time.. Keep trying:)

6. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear Mindi,
    Thank you for your warmth:)
    Nice to know that you are in such a phase where you can be laidback. Enjoy it as much as you possibly can :)

Love,
    Krsnapriya

7. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear Lijy( I just coined a nick name for you Hope you don't mind),

Lijy is acronym for 'Life is a Journey':)

I admire your resolutions.
    Specially the one about forgetting and forgiving. It is such a rare quality and so difficult to practice. Wish you all success in sticking to it and becoming a happier person:)

Love,
    Krsnapriya