1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It’s not where you are in life….It’s who you have by your side ..That matters…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 8, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pretty Devil's post Dont know how long it will help made me write this snippet. I know I wont be able to narrate like her but still let me share my feelings. When parents are with us we should treat them with love and care for we will know their value when we see the empty chair.

I had a been a daughter and now a mother and grandmother. So I have experienced both the relationships. When I was young my grandmother used to take good care of us.Since my mother was the only child , her mother, my grandmother used to stay with us. So we were very attached to her and used to call her Periamma. To have good health she used to tell us to have milk every night before going to bed and always give us yummy food. Food we used to enjoy but having milk in the night was difficult. Now when she is not there miss her , her caring, her love , giving us whatever we wish for all that I miss now. Now when I have to prepare myself and have it feel lazy.

The grass is always greener on the other side. The people who are with their children feel they are always busy and need some rest and feel those who are staying alone are better off. But those who are staying alone they miss their children and feel it would have been better if children were by their side.

It’s the difference between the love of parents and love from the children
    So please do your duty when your parents are dependent on u. Don’t hurt them. Love your parents, you’ll be in their shoes soon*We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts……..…After all, it’s not important what you leave to your children; it’s what you leave in your children….

Now as a mother and grandmother I miss my daughters and granddaughters who are abroad. I have small small worries. Everyday I chat with them but still when they say they are going out with the children I get worried that they should come back home safely. There is nothing to worry but what to do I am made like that. Always worry about children. Yesterday when I was telling my daughter to take care while going out, also to take care of her daughter. She was saying dont worry mom. I want to make my daughter independent and not depend on anyone and make her courageous and she should be able to face anything.

My sister stays with her son and dil and grandchildren , so she is all the time busy. They stay in a big flat so that has to be maintained well. She has servant to do the jobs but she never sits idle and keeps herself busy supervising them, some work she does herself , takes rest for one hour. She has health problems but does not worry about that. She enjoys taking care of her family and fulfill their wishes. Whereas I stay away from children so finish all my work fast and have time to log on here and share my feelings with everyone.

Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn….. Hundreds of bees in the purple clover….. Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn…. But only one mother the wide world over…Go ahead – Drop everything and Hug Her if she is near, Call Her if she is far away , Remember Her is she stays in your heart - Take her blessings with a deep sense of gratitude –

Because God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers!!!

15 people like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji aunty,
    A sweet post on a sweet topic.....
    Mothers are always sweet.......(thigattaadha sweet )......no matter where she is, near, far, in heart......just the mention of the word mother brings a sweetness ......
    A nice post to read before going to sleep aunty......
    Thank you, and have a nice day!!!

2 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thats so true!! Me and my mother used to end up fighting when i was teenager.I was quite a rebel.But then i went to the hostel...and its then i realized her importance in my life.Like you i am very close to my granny too..she told me a thing or two about marriage which i still follow.And when i am very tensed these are 2 ppl i call...may be they dont understand my tensions but they can relax me down...you feel so good after talking to them...yes because god could not be everywhere therefore he made mothers

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi dear wow I am so happy to see you here my Vitamin niece with a sweet message. True dear Mothers are sweet thigattadha sweet, noone can take their place and they are always in ourhearts. Glad to get appreciation from a great writer. ......

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dinny dear true when you are near you dont understand their value. Glad you realised her importance in life. Also glad to know that you are close to your granny. If the children get angry with them also they dont take it serious and they are always there to helpthem and guide them, thanks for your fb and sharing your experience.

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Just want to add, Sister Viji,

For children like me, who have lost parents at the needed age, God / Guru does help them, be with them and shower love and affection upon them and take care more than that of a Biological Mother.

Being Unfortunate of having the warmth of parents made us Fortunate to have Guru Sayee as my Mother who is been untiringingly Working for me and being with me.

I am glad that I was BLESSED to realise him "as my mother" but many who are with parents and with kith and kin are blessed to see god in their Elders, but I see my Elders, Guru, God, Mentor, Teacher All in one, my Holy father Sayee.

Thanks for the writeup, may be otherwise I would not have expressed.

3 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very sad to know Sai dear that you lost your parents at the needed age. True dear for those whom noone is there God is there , who gives guidance and support. You are blessed to have Sai as your Guru. Thanks for sharing

T

8. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear viji,

Very cute narration about mother....It was interesting to read about your sweet family too...

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

thanks to you and this snippet, I went and read that lovely post by PD. You do a good job of bringing out the mother's side of the story! Now I understand reading both (yours and PDs) how the world goes round and is round! I am sure aunty, you would not be any other way than the way you are and it is cherished by your children.

Enjoyed reading it!

1 person likes this.
  10. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

What an emotional post,Vijima..brought tears to my eyes! Yes ,mothers are the best..and grandmothers are the bestest(if there is a word like that). I still remember my granny, who used to tirelessly look after us,keep shuttling from one son's home to another to see her grandchildren. When she went ,a part of me went with her. When loved ones pass on, they always take a piece of you with them...its not easy to be with the one left behind. No matter how much time you spend with them, its never going to be enough!

A big hug for you Vijima!

3 people like this.