1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When I Was NewlyWed......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by BHAVNAM6, Jan 10, 2013.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Friends…I would like you to give ride in my time machine and want you to experience the time almost 35 years ago. Please do peep in the exhilarated time I had when I was newlywed in the year of 1977.

Everyone in the world has been lucky to cherish the divine, luxurious…. Incomparable……. Indescribable moments of being a newlywed couple….and one can ran out of any possible words to describe the magnificent phase of life….especially women…we have immortal memories of this period…….

I was completely in a mode of……aaj mai upar aasman niche, aaj mai aage jamana hai pichhe tell me o khuda abb mai kya karu, chalu sidhee kee ulatee chalu
    As my husband was unconditionally ready….
    To bring stars from the sky
    Or climb a mountain and get me the fresh air..
    Or travel through ocean to please me by offering my favorite flower from the island…..

I decided not to take the advantage of my tempting prerogative. I am not that mean…true….? What do you think my dear friends? Asking your positive input……!!!!...Am I being too much self-absorbed….?

Please do not get down from the ride….it has more sensations ahead

One of the fine Sundays we decided to go for a romantic movie….but wait a minute….. I got an brilliant idea to go for shopping before the movie….I was almost ready to hear YES from him……and I did…not surprising…at all…

Newlywed man is very careful to hold onto his title of a wonderful husband…now see the irony of a husband…..SHOPPING AND MAN…they never go hand in hand….right? But secretly I was thinking I was being fair with him by saving him from the difficult trips to mountains, oceans …yada yada

Okay I was very tingled…..newlywed…shopping followed by romantic movie…with your soul mate…do we need to accept the eligibility of entry into the heaven anymore….?.....this felt like more than heaven……aaaaahaaaaaaaaa

I cooked delicious lunch for my husband…you know how much passionate I was to feed him…..please do not misunderstand me with the fact that ordering pizza was not popular those days….!!!!

Obviously I was not hungry….it was not easy for me to handle all the emotions at once…..So obviously I skipped lunch and we headed for our romantic day out
    …..to my astonishment he offered me to buy more than I anticipated…..oh…friends …..What a golden time…(I would like to suggest all the young ladies to use this opportunity fully…else use it or lose it foreverrrrrrr)…..!! I get goosebumps with this nostalgia even after few decades…

Now we got to the point that we had few minutes to reach to the movie theater….I recall…...in those days …not a single advertisement we want to miss…..so forget about the titles of the movie to be skipped…

suddenly I realized that since I did not eat my lunch….I was literally starving…we looked for something for quick bite and only thing we found was the vendor who was selling hot and tasty dalvada…I made a spontaneous decision to carry out dalvada to the theatre due to lack of time to eat it outside…..My husband completely bewildered with my extraordinary announcement…he could not possible think to carry dalvada with strong aroma in the closed place. It was an intimidating for him to let me do this…
    I hope it is not difficult for you guys to guess who won eventually…???...Still he gave me ultimatum that he would not share from me at all as he found it very embarrassing eating in the theater…. .Though in those days I liked to share every bite with him I decided to give up as I was feeling weak and dizzy due to starvation
    I really did not feel guilty about eating dalvada without my husband.
    So we headed to the theater with the hot and tasty dalvada in my hand.

I was waiting for the lights to turn off and everybody settled down so no one could see each other in the dark. My husband declared one more time that he was not interested in eating dalvada in the theater although it was his favorite item. I was not in a mood to push him more…as well

Now I could not resist myself to open the package of dalvada. I tried my best to be as quiet as possible to avoid the cracking of news paper in which dalvada were curious to go in my mouth. My husband tried to keep his head away from me to avoid the discomfort I was causing at the time. I started eating dalvada with absolute pleasure….romantic movie and dalvada…
    it was a splendid combination……I might have finished my first dalvada and the strong aroma was distracting my husband from watching movie…he tried to slip further down from me but limited space in the chair would not let him succeed anymore. I was enjoying my dinner.

.....Completely absorbed in the romantic dialogues the hero and heroine were exchanging…And trying to remember those dialogues to be used in our passionate moments at home… haha….That fascinating feeling is not easy to describe…

suddenly I felt that someone was pinching me in the dark……thinking must be some kind of insect in the theatre…it was going on and off for quite some time but I ignored about it as it was too gentle…..Then I realized that it was my husband trying to catch my attention….I looked at him and he whispered that he would like to have some dalvada too…..haha…I felt like I won the jackpot as he could not resist the aroma of the food……I offered him some dalvada....

I thought my husband must be proud to have such a smart wife like Einstein ….though he has been miser all these years to declare his view point about me…. It is alright....I have been mature now...haha

There was a beautiful happy scene in the movie and we both were enjoying with the delicious taste of our food,
    But I heard the sigh of grief from the people around me and I was wondering how could this people not be happy during the happy twist in the movie….I thought for a moment and then realized that they were not sighing but sniffing the aroma of dalvada……!!!!!!
    Before it became irresistible for the surrounding audience…..we finished our food…….
    As soon as our honeymoon period ended my husband wanted me to make dalvada at home every other weekend. Friends…… it has been 35 years…since then…...I have been making dalvada as often as my husband’s ongoing demand for it……..

60 people like this.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bhavna
    Dal vada captured my attention and held it strong till the end. Your narration always transports me to the event date and what a day it turned out to be!
    The newly wed feel is indeed special. For me I enjoyed the courtship period soooo much... even now I feel hubby dear courts me coz I sometimes tend to stay angrier longer.. hehe..
    Loved your narration where you say do not get off the ride there are more sensations ahead! Indeed!
    One of the most pleasurable ride I have been on thanks to your excellent narration and rcounting the events of your special day!

6 people like this.
  3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Chitra,

You have always been my soul mate with your excellent feedback. At the moment I am going to my store and will back in few minutes to write my thanking response to you my friend.

Love,
    Bhavna

4. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wah re Wah Bhavna......:bowdown:bowdown

Yummy post at all planes..........:coffee:drool:wink:

Dal vada......and Newly wed days.........don't ask me.......:spin

Enjoying our lonnnnnng 'honeymoon' in Nagaland.......My dal vada making skills had to improve with time and the number of times I made them....and it did.....to the point that, every week end, we had a bunch of bachelors who dropped in for the first time smelling the vadas and hearing tamil songs wafting in the chill Nagaland air......And we had to watch the week end movies in DD with their company.........:bonk
    Relished your post dear........:thumbsup

6 people like this.
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

that was GREAT Bhavana. :)))

First thing that comes to mind is PG Wodehouse's dialogue " Men in that state of matrimony do many foolish things that they are likely to regret later."

But that does not apply in your case as your man did not regret the dal vada evening at all .He wanted it for the rest of his life so you are a 'made for each other ' couple indeed:):thumbsup.

Hmm those honeymooning days....

I must say you are a very sweet person indeed for wanting to make lunch. My ideal HM day would have been lunch, shopping , movie and dinner.I did not know any cooking at all initially and shaadhi karne chali? Really those days seem tooooooo far away. LOL.

BTW, kya baat hai? remembering honeymooning days and all? anyway I just sat back after finishing all my morning chores so your post came as a refreshing break for me and made me smile.Thank you.:)

6 people like this.
  6. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Chitra,

You must be knowing that dalvada is hot and popular item of Gujarat state. People do not mind waiting in the queue to buy dalvada from a particular place. Being Gujarati I wanted to promote this item on Indusladies.....haha...just kidding....

It is true that woman looks prettier and sexy when they are angry.
    Gussa itna haseen hai to pyaar kaisa hoga

Your admiring feedback has always inspired me even more.....I truly appreciate your kindness.

Love,
    Bhavna

7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Knbg,

I have been missing you these days in the snippet forum.I am happy to see you back indeed. Please stay around as I do not want miss my friend.

Dalvada taste perfect in the beautiful weather of Nagaland....how romantic...so we have so much common in our honeymooning period.........except bunch of bachelors dropped in..

I feel fantastic reading your honeymooning style.....

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  8. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Wow. So cute Bhavna ji.

1 person likes this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

how cute!! i liked tat part best where the audience you thought were sighing but were actually sniffing your dalvada :)

2 people like this.
  10. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

bhavnaji, not fair reminding of dal vada early in the morning..i want it now..next time you make them parcel them to me
    so you are back to your honeymoon phase ha..i can feel goosebumps thinking of my shoppings, temple visits, movies with DH in initial stages of our marriage..thanks for transporting me 7 yrs back in my life

2 people like this.