1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spend life with who makes you happy, not who you have to impress.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 1, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I had been attending Sapthangam for a week and yesterday was the last day. It was about Krishna Leela which was interesting to listen. and I enjoyed listening to the Leela and also the yummy variety of lunch everyday. I admire the patience of people who attend the programme from morning 7 am till 6 pm. I dont have that much patience and also other work will be there at home. Earlier I used to go only on the last day, but this year I could attend all the 7 days.

Yesterday it was about Sudhama and Lord Krishna. After hearing about their friendship it brought me memories of my friendship with my best friend who is a Gujrathi and a very rich person. In days where friends see about the status etc. there was a friend who saw only my heart because when we became friends we were not so financially well off. My dad had a hotel and it went for a loss. Till I was six years the hotel ran well but after that it was not ok. So he joined his uncle who had a hotel but that also did not last for long.

In 1957 we shifted our place and came to a differenct place and that was near this best friend's house. So from that time I enjoyed life more because of her.I spent two hours everyday in the evening with her studying and playing. She was also like Lord Krishna only always loving me and concerned about me.When I could not buy some books she used to help me and also used to give me dresses. Here whole family was very much attached to me. She could buy gifts for my Birthday but I could not , so I used to make greeting cards by drawing and also make a book with drawings and thoughts and write ups and give it to her for Birthday. She used to show her family and they used to appreciate and her brother always used to tell her share with your friend whatever you have. She had a separate room for herself and we used to study there and I used to wait for Sundays to spend more time with her. Everyday I used to go to School in her car. After I finished schooling she gave me a job also by making me give tuitions to her niece and nephews so that I will have some money with me which will be useful for my family. Because of her I learnt typing and that helped me to get a job.

True friends are like mornings, you can't have them the whole day but you can be sure, they will be there when you wake up tomorrow, next year and forever. Hi, my friend. We may be miles apart but you know I'll always be remembering you, you're a precious gift from GOD that I will keep forever in my heart. Friends forever.

Though because we are miles apart we cant meet but we keep in touch through phones. There is never a single day when I dont think of her . Today being New Year I phoned her and she was telling me believe it or not yesterday only I was thinking of you and thought its long time I have not spoken to you. That is real friendship when we think the other will phone and keep in touch. If you plant seeds of love, in good faith, and in good hopes, it will be returned into your own life abundantly.

A true friend knows exactly who you are, and loves you anyway, because true friendship is about wanting happiness for a person, maybe sometimes more than they may want it themselves. A true friend wants nothing more than to see you grow, and wants to grow with you, not just when what you believe or who you are is convenient for them.

Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them. When you are up in life, your friends get to know who you are. But when you are down in life, you get to know who your friends are.

Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. Never miss an opportunity to tell people how much they mean to you.

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.

The above quote suits well for my best friend because she was always there for me and she was a gem of a person whom I always treasure. I thank God for giving me such a nice friend .

7 people like this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. Never miss an opportunity to tell people how much they mean to you.

so true viji ,so just me let begin by telling you that first :)

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.

loved these lines.. you are indeed very lucky to have such a friendship over so many years.:)

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow my dear Mindi what a surprise I am so thrilled and happy to get your first like and first fb on New year Day. You know how much you mean to me also though we are miles apart, thanks for always being there for me Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year. I am blessed and lucky to have a friend like her who always there in my difficult times. In happy times everyone will be there but it is difficult to find a friend who is by your side . Our friendship is 55 years old and hope we get a chance to celebrate when it becomes 60 years.

4. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful post on friendship Vijima :) Nowadays its very difficult to find people who do so much for others knowing they are not going to benefit in some way :( Also, sometimes we feel so much of pure love towards some friends but they only neglect you or try to avoid you on purpose. I would just say you and your friend are lucky to have such a pure friendship :)

1 person likes this.
  5. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful writing Vijima. Especially these words.

1 person likes this.
  6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful post on true friendship VijiMaam,

Old friends are there forever and I happened to meet my school friend this time when I went to my parent's place. We met after 15 years even though we lost touch in between and then we have been in touch only through phone calls and messages.
    We just did not know what to talk about as it was such a pleasure to see each other.

I totally agree with the line....True friends are like mornings, you can't have them the whole day but you can be sure, they will be there when you wake up tomorrow, next year and forever.

1 person likes this.
  7. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

wonderful post.. this post subject/heading "Spend life with who makes you happy, not who you have to impress" is really good..

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Poly dear glad to see you here after a long time. True dear I also feel blessed to have a friend like her who is a gem of a person

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rakinya dear first of all thanks for nominating my thread and making my day fruitful

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

RKG dear thanks for your appreciation.Glad to know you met your friend after 15 years. Sometimes we dont know what to talk because we become speechless when we see them after a long time. Glad yu liked the quote