1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Driving Nightmare On a Huge Intersection..........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by BHAVNAM6, Dec 31, 2012.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

We all do several things while we are driving……like talking over the phone…..listening to CD player……..so on and so forth……

and for the ladies…we tend to look at the mirror on the big intersection while waiting for red light turn into green…..make sure everything is okay including our hair, makeup………..[though I have been making sure not to wear makeup on a regular basis once one of my customers praised that Indian women are very pretty even without wearing a makeup. It saves my time and money as well. ]

Sometimes on the intersection we keep ourselves engaged longer than it requires to notice in the mirror the complexion of our skin…do we need to get our facial done or require a new hair cut…

we ladies have always been a multitasking and use every moment of our life worthwhile……may be men would never appreciate our this wonderful quality…………hence we do not intend to get any kind of rewarding statements from them any more…..as we are proud to be women…….haha

So I was doing all sorts of multitasking on a big intersection of a major road.

Suddenly I heard my phone ringing …..and I realized that I had left my purse with my other shopping bags on the back seat…almost in hurry to get home soon…….

It was my biggest decision making moment ….

should I get down and get my cell phone from the back seat before the red light turns green……
    Or should I wait till I get home…..

What if my sister called me from Chicago to give me the news of her daughter got admission in medical school…

……or my daughter wanted to tell me about her most awaited promotion in the job…
    …….or my husband is calling me to go for a candle light dinner…
    It was difficult for me to resist my curiosity being a woman…

.and was desperate to perform a womanly act….. I did not want to disappoint all the women in the world by acting differently in the given situation……trying to be noble to all women by satisfying my womanly inquisitiveness….

How could I stay deprived from experiencing thrill for thirty more minutes…till I reach home…not listening to exhilarating news whatsoever…?

And I made a splendid decision to get down and take my purse from the back seat…

I saw the phone…..it was a phone call from marketing company…hence I had registered my phone number on DO NOT CALL LIST…

Had I anticipated this I would not have made this spontaneous intimation....

Now my next move was to get behind the wheel and drive as the green signal was on already…..

but to my greatest bewilderment I could not find my keys….I got almost panic attack as almost fifty cars with hundreds of eyes were desperately waiting for me to move……

and there I was nervous…full of anxiety…was losing my sanity….

All the drivers were ready to hit my car thinking I would start moving….

I got out of my car in case I dropped keys on the road……or in back seat …or in the purse…

I looked everywhere……but nope…my luck had turned its back…….

I noticed the flashing light of the cop’s car somewhere in the distance…and the screaming of fire truck…ambulance …..as well ……

..the hundreds of vehicles from all the directions were trying to figure out about my insanity……I wanted to run away leaving my car there…but could not…..and should not have………

Praying God to drop the key from the sky as opposed to rain…

How could something like this disappear in few moments???……..was a magician making tricks on the road? ……Did I have time to disclose…discover……anything whatsoever……?????

I had no choice but to turn on my hazard light….

I went ahead and was about to make this sensible gesture for my insensible act…and.....

I saw keys on my wrist hanging in spiral wrist key chain……did I want to wait for a moment …?…I just drove by in orange light before it turned red…..but the car drivers behind me were quite furious as they had to wait few more minutes to go through the intersection…. which I could see from my rear mirror……I wanted to close my eyes to avoid the unpleasant scenario although was sassy enough to drive with my eyes wide open……
    And took a sigh of relief as all the emergency vehicles were heading to other direction……

Still I am proud to be a woman……..haha

36 people like this.

2. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hilarious... I could imagine your reaction in that situation... ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear saarang,

Thank you very much for the first and lovely feedback.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahaha
    Bhavana, you do have a knack of getting into such situations( and out of them too )with ease.I could very well imagine the scene.:)

but look at the woman in me. she wants to know if your hubby did give you that candle light dinner. after all, why not? his wife actually stopped peak traffic for half hour. quite an achievement , if you ask me.:wink:

4 people like this.
  5. dharanidinesh

dharanidinesh New IL'ite

ah.....such a lovely n capturing narrtion....made my day.....:)

1 person likes this.
  6. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear darshnam2012,

Thank you for visiting my thread and liking it as well.

Love,
    Bhavna

7. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

"How could something like this disappear in few moments???……..

Well said:) Many a times I had faced this situation...Just yesterday I was desperately looking for my clutch clip when it was still on my stupid head...The search lasted for around 30 minutes and the entire home was a mess by the time I realised it...

You ve got that inherent talent of penning down a v simple happening in a beautiful way..Superb!

2 people like this.
  8. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aspire,

Thank you for visiting my thread and liking it as well.

Love,
    Bhavna

9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Mindian,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback as always.....

Actually my husband told me to cook for two of his friends he had invited over without even asking me.....!!!.and I lost my appetite already then.......haha

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  10. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

Nicely Written.. I could imagine the situation totally!

1 person likes this.