1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watta jodi!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gayathrivijay12, Dec 28, 2012.

1. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

I had been looking this guy quite for a while …:bonkWhenever I see him I used to tell to myself, “how cute he is na?”…Something in him made me throw a gaze of profound admiration at him till he disappears from sight…What made me do so?? His sparkling confidence? His smile whenever he sees me…??his outdated silver straped wrist watch which he checks out quite often?? or his neatly dressed looks??

He is incharge of a chota library in my institute that is solely for novels & non-technical magazines..He comes at 5 in the evening daily and sits outside the library issuing magazines…He would be on duty incessantly arranging and stacking the magazines …This is actually his part time job…He works in a post office in the morning sessions and comes swiftly to my institute exactly at 5 in the evening in his TVS champ seated like a prince:) I had seen him many a times while driving on the main road…His gentle nod of acknowledgement makes me feel good. He is also a bit liberal to me…He doesn’t mind issuing me an extra book though I had crossed my limits which is two books at a time for employees...I wink at him with a child like glee and promise to return back the extra books within two days which I never did…:rotfl

Once I was astonished to see him walk with a lady… They both were of the same height, weight & complimented each other very well except for the fact that she was a bit fairer than him....I was surprised & became totally oblivious of what is happening and when they were crossing me he as usual smiled at me & said’ “ Happy diwali madam”. (This actually happened during that diwali week) and introduced the smiling lady to me” Madam yeh hain mere wife…"I felt happy with this sweet gesture & smiled at her. It was infact a very familiar face to me but I was’nt able to recollect her:spin…There I got it..She works as a cleaning lady in the canteen.. It just dawned on me .’Girl you had not seen such a perfect pair ever in your life. …( ofcourse ve to accept it with a tinge of jealousy)

So many truths unveiled itself in a sweet subtle way in this course of 4 weeks…He comes to my institute to pick her up from work…love ah hmm!..:biggrin2:Since his work at the post office gets over by 5 he took up this job voluntarily. Earlier this library was a dusty dungeon & people should go into it at their own risk...but today its well maintained & tidy..They have a tea-date after 5:45 every day in the canteen. Wanna know what s extra special about this Jodi..Scroll over:wink:
    They both are dwarfs with khyposis (hunch back)…I had been to circuses before & watched some movies in which dwarfs were used as a matter of humour…Today I saw how dignified people can live & that solely depend upon our free will perspective of life...You don’t & cant feel like laughing at them..I infact feel that respect for them for how they share their live despite all these negativities & difficulties and make it beautiful:hatsoff…I just remembered the dialogue from myna movie..love panunga sir vaazka nalla irukkum…(Do love ppl…it makes life good)..This pair is definitely ‘ Rab ne ana di Jodi’ with cuteness overflowing…. I just looked into the skies smiling jealously asking god…When are going to show me mine?:queen with violins playing a background score only to invite a comment from one of my fellow co worker..wat day dreaming huh..? forcing me to give a sheepish grin grrrr….:bang

35 people like this.

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

What a love story. Wonderful. :thumbsup

Well narrated too. :cheers

2 people like this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thats lovely to read, GayathriVijay12.
    Thanks for sharing.

Physical beauty makes head turn
    Towards one, but soon it fades.
    It needs just love to return
    Always, making it high grade.

They may be short or plump
    Or even lack something.
    Love makes it wholesome
    Giving them everything.

The more you give,
    The more you get
    Is the principle of love.
    They are living it now.

Great lessons of life comes
    From where you least expect.
    Lets remember at least some
    And give due love and respect.
    -rgs

6 people like this.
  4. padmapriya1

padmapriya1 Gold IL'ite

lovely..
    Really Wonderful :):)

2 people like this.
  5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Nice, reading it. Years back I was in Pune for some work. There I met a blind couple, both educated, doing some job also ( details I forgot because it was 10 years before). But 1 thing I remember till now, is the way they loved each other and the chemistry between them.

3 people like this.
  6. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Wow!!! What bliss!!! :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  7. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Love make wonders.

2 people like this.
  8. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Gayathri
    Your thread title fascinated me and here I am.
    thoroughly enjoyed your writeup.
    True love is beyond physical attraction and survives for a life time crossing all hurdles with ease .

regards
    honeybee

2 people like this.
  9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear gayathrivijay,

You have kept the integrity of this story so intact with your flawless narration.....absolutely loved it.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri
    From the day I read the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, I developed great respect for the compassion and courage of the dwarfs. This feeling got reinforced years later after seeing Kamal as a dwarf in Apoorva Sagotharargal. Yet another facet of the emotional side of a dwarf came to light in this story. It was the dwarf who evolved skillful plans to avenge the killing of his father while his handsome younger brother was spending his time dancing and loving! Now your story is really the icing on the cake!

We all know that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. But most of us do not use the eyes that can see the real beauty of a person. Those eyes get active only when we encounter noble souls like Mother Teresa and make them appear serenely beautiful. But at other times our highly prejudiced physical eyes keep looking for physical beauty and refusing to see the inner worth of a person.

After reading this wonderful thread of yours, it occurs to me how nice it would be if only we could train our eyes to see the inner beauty of a person instead of getting stuck with the highly perishable beauty of the flesh.
    Sri

4 people like this.