1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This freaking fast and costly life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by smritisinha, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Smriti,

Missed your post..somehow i thought freaking fast would be about cussing about everything from timelines, to traffic jams and 24hours not enough..well buddy you took me in for a sweet surprise.

now why am i not surprised at your thoughts, i frequently hear from the youngsters these days.

What is the use of having a nose , a rose garden if you can't smell them..

We were earlier earning to live, while some have moved to the stage of living to earn that is where things went off track..

time really flies smriti, even if you are with the kids, there comes a stage where you are made to sit up and wonder when did they grow up, it is part of the charm, that said, my only way through this is making memories for ourselves, not on photos, but in our hearts that feels wonderful talking about over a cup of coffee with your family ..

I am into nostalgia and simple pleasures and simple living.

Advanced happy birthday wishes and lots of gift to boot, and may i wish that your husband also start loving all your nostalgic journeys to those days as much as you do and as much as we love to read.. looking back is a gift, that helps you understand that how far you have come, and helps you get energised to look forward with a positive attitude.

1 person likes this.
  2. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Smritu,
    Am reminded the story of a professor inviting his students home. They have grown into successful people in different walks of life. He servers them tea in cups of different ranges and styles. Mix of few cheap plastic cups, terracotta cups and some exquisite designer porcelain ones. He notices 90% of hands searching for the extraordinary looking ones. The few left behind cups were nothing but inexpensive low cost plastic and terracotta cups.

Then the professor goes to explain how everyone ignores the tea and are madly behind the glossy superficial cup holding it. Likewise we have forgotten the real essence of life in our materialistic search.

You have written it so wonderfully :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsupand you already know how much I love to brood over the silly mad childhood days. :)

-Neetu-

1 person likes this.
  3. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Hey Shanvy, glad to give you a surprise !! :) I too love to look back in times and relish those special moments which life gave! Have been lucky so far that in all the moments worth living, my eyes were wide open and lips curving in a smile! I love clicking pictures too, to freeze the amazing moments I share with my people forever! :thumbsup I love photography!

Neetu darling! Thanks so much!! The story is jusssst apt! And yes, we both are madly in love with sitting in our time machines and rewinding to those silly happy days!! :-D

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Smriti dear thought provoking post. Happy Birthday to you . May God bless you and fulfill all your wishes and may your New Year be as bright you are and all the best

You also need to look back, not just at the people who are running behind you but especially at those who don't run and never will... those who run but don't race...those who started training for a race but didn't carry through...those who got to the starting line but didn't in the finish line...those who once raced better than you but no longer run at all. You're still here. Take pride in wherever you finish. Look at all the people you've outlasted.
    Joe Henderson quotes

1 person likes this.
  5. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot Viji Ma'am for your response! It means a lot :)

6. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Smriti, a very thought provoking post from you.

Contentment is one thing that people have forgotten today and have got into the mad and never ending rat race. We should know our limits and our priorities need to be set right...priority can change with times and circumstances but should not be changed by influence from others.

Today the outside world is so materialistic and if let that influence us, we will never be satisfied ...today i have an iphone 4....tmr i'll want a 5 and then a 6 so and so forth.

But if the couple has their priorities set right then i am sure you will not need to get into the rat race...and slowly people will also start accepting you for what you are and not for what you have.

1 person likes this.