1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hire your Mom

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

My son since when he was a toddler always wanted to only eat my cooking. As he grew up he declared I am the best cook there is and said he was going to hire me to become his personal chef.
    Which mother would not want to be endeared so by her child? I did walk in cloud nine thinking this was a growing phase!
    Now it seems this is becoming a trend.
    Perez Hilton a celebrity blogger hired his mother for personal tasks such as walking the dog and getting gas in the car. She gets paid and he says he has more time to focus on business and they can spend some time together as well. Book publisher Nadeau hired her mother Marie as an editor. Graphics design firm owner Amon hired his mother Linda to do his bookkeeping.
    Hiring your own mother does not appear as farfetched as I thought it would be.
    There is always a strong bond between mother and child and who better to look after the best interests than mom herself.
    There are many advantages as a mother gets to spend quality time with her adult child and look out for the interests of her son or daughter at the same time.
    I admit I have some (read more) prejudice in this line of thinking.
    Mother might even be privy to office / client gossip which she can pass it on to her adult kid.
    Well there is also a thin line for mother to walk as she needs to learn to be less meddlesome and interfering, bossy and nosy. On the other hand she also cannot be over protective.
    I have decided to use the time that I have now to learn the ropes so to speak.
    If I can successfully handle not being nosy, bossy or sassy maybe then I might get hired as my son’s personal chef.
    Even Krishna has employed a few handles below the belt to ensure him results. I am also going to employ some of those tactics.
    Looking at the brighter side I can cook healthy meals for my son and being efficient in so many cuisines from around the world I might even get to travel along.
    The best is yet to be. I will be privy to his personal life and have firsthand knowledge of who’s who in his front.
    One more bonus to this scheme is that I can evade the proverbial daughter-in-law and mother-in-law fights as I would be interacting away from home.
    I strongly suspect I might have stumbled onto something here which I should patent for my use. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for this trend to become fashion and Voila! , I am in business with kiddo.

joke49.jpg

11 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Good one AC dear will come back later

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear AC,

Once there was a survey conducted among Englishmen and they were asked to give their preference among what they would like to do the most over the weekend.

a) Spend time with the girl friend
    b) Watch a soccer game
    c) Drink wine
    d) Eat Indian curry

When the survey results were announced by the surveyor, the entire England was shocked as majority of the Englishmen preferred option d). You are on to something.

As long as you can avoid the conflict of his choosing between spending time with his would be wife and eating your food, you will do exceedingly well. Several decades ago, the women who get married are advised to take control of the kitchen to win the heart of new family that they move into. This is no longer applicable as most couple live separately.

Viswa

5 people like this.
  4. Anandchitra

Viji dear eagerly waiting :)

5. Anandchitra

Dear Viswa
    I am sure after so many years of marriage you & I both know who is going to win in this battle of mom or wife?!
    haha.. still a mother can dream right? :)

Seriously its happening that many are hiring mothers and its a neat idea if you ask me.
    Of course we should expect much to nothing pay wise
    I already know I am going to be signed up for being the unpaid Nanny :) and so looking forward to it though it is a long time away!
    thanks so much for the support. Glad to read your take:)

6. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Good idea AC.

Better negotiate the pay scale now itself or else they might start paying you in "grand kid smiles" and "grand kid kicks" and "grand kid kisses" :) and you will be a willing sucker for those.

Well cant blame ya. :)

3 people like this.
  7. Anandchitra

dear friend
    Looks like you know me enough to say I am going to be a fall for the grandkid smiles and kisses :biglaugh
    What to do I am already showing how eager I am and I can easily be taken over by the kids :Harhar
    Well all is not lost. I shall employ you to negotiate for me seeing how capable you are.:goodidea:... just kidding :wink:

2 people like this.
  8. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Deal. I will negotiate for you.

My office will be sending you the invoice for the payment( 10 kicks and 10 smiles and 1o kisses from your grand kid. Non negotiable.) :)

2 people like this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC,

so now u are hired, and who knows as soon as the wife comes in, that is yr dIL, u might get fired eh ! HAHA

if u had wanted to patent this, the best would have been to stay quiet, but now tha tu have discolosed this idea, i am sure a lot of i lites will now take interest in this.HAHA

Siuperb and hilarious.More please.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  10. Anandchitra

You are somebody of my own heart eandian.. absolutely love your sense of humor.. and what a fun way to start my day.. truly there was a minor earthquake in my area coz i ROFL with laughter:) I have decided to pay your selfless service with kissess:) Thanks for brightening my day:)

2 people like this.