1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do Good People Finish Last???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by arch1209, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

RGS,

A great piece like the post of Arch's.

I loved this stanza, how true it is....

2 people like this.
  2. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Arch,
    I have raised several times the same question of your title to myself.I have not seen someone holding on to his principle but I have a lived with such a person,my Dad.Its not that easy to live such a life in spite of several mocking that you are not fit for today's world,not losing your beliefs more than that trusting yourself in testing time.More than materialistic things my father has passed on I feel he allowed me to be myself & that counts to what Im today.Hope I dint bore you.Your post has just triggered my inner feelings that I guarded so long.Wonderful write up dear.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Arch dear thought provoking post. I am not so good in writing fb so got this from google

Somewhere out there, there is someone who needs:
    A touch of your hand.
    A smile.
    A kind word.
    Some understanding.
    Forgiveness.
    A whisper of appreciation.
    Something to eat.
    A place out of the cold.
    A pair of warm socks.
    To be remembered.
    Just remembered,
    Even that will do.
    As you live your life from this moment to next,
    Please think about those whose paths you cross.
    Even if they stand right in front of you,
    Take one little step that can,
    And will,
    Make all the difference, in the world.
    Susan Le Page Simmons

4 people like this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Arch,

What a wonderful post. It touched me and I had tears in my eyes...for that underdog!

No matter how you see it, life is very tough and only successful and powerful people are looked up to, never mind how they achieved it. The guy who is doing the leg work and sweating it out honestly is somewhat forgotten!

Even looking around our own little world or our friends and relatives, those who trample with other peoples' sensitivities without any hesitation and have a gift of the gab seem to be more popular and have it easier in life. I too have wondered very often if good people do finish last?! But somewhere, like you say behind all that haze, fruits of one's honesty and beliefs are hidden. We just need to know how to recognize them!

All the best to your friend and to you too. People with such sentiments are becoming rare and am I glad to find you here!:thumbsup Thanks to Satchi and Pallavi, the like minded people who nominated this to FP!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Arch, you said it right...living with guilt is more harder than getting punished for being truthful.
    Hope your friend find a better place with goes well with her ideals.
    Hats off to you too, for being with her during these times and cheering her up.

I wanted to quote every line of yours..it is very very true...
    I can see that in my life too through my husband and my father..

These good guys might finish last, but they will be the 'first' one to be remembered for their good attitudes, isn't it!

Sriniketan

6. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you everyone for your kind words, my friend would be very touched to hear about it. Viji, you are too kind and Satchi and Pallavi thank you for the nomination :), I think I have to thank each one of you for encouraging me to keep writing. I have rediscovered my love for writing after joining Indusladies :)
    I wanted to thank each one of you, but with school and work, and trying to manage things at home it becomes very challenging sometimes....But I am trying, my goal is to write at least a post or two every weekend.
    Thanks for your kind words Kamla.... I think with people like Satchi, Viswa, Cheeniya Sir, Pallavi, Viji, Srama, and all the other lovely folks this world still has a lot of hope.... :)