1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Be the wind to drive others, not the leaf to be driven by others.!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 13, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Soft nature of a person does not mean weakness, Remember : Nothing is softer than water, but its force can break the strongest of rocks. ~ Author Unknown

People always take advantage of soft nature. Just because someone helps and does not trouble others and ready to do anything some people take advantage and give the work to people who are older than them. Just because someone even if they are old come to help we should not take advantage. My dh has many friends some are very good and respect him a lot but some are there who take advantage of his helping nature and dump some work on him. The work they can do themselves they will tell him to do and as my dh is always ready to go anywhere to meet anyone or do any work he takes the intitative and does the job. They dont understand that he is also getting old.

Who should be blamed when a leaf falls from a tree?
    Is it the wind that blew it away?
    or
    Is it the tree that let it go?
    or
    Is it the leaf who grew tired holding on?
    Life unfolds a lot of misunderstandings everyday..every moment..
    Its up to us to:
    Solve it.or
    Leave it.
    or
    Live with it..

Some people when they are not informed about the health problems will say why they are not informed and they got only second hand information. They talk as if they would have immediately come to see the person who has health problem. Thinking of this when next time they inform that person first they dont take the pains to go and see the person. They will give some excuse or other for not going to see the person.

Only some people are there who understand others problems and act accordingly. They are always there to help the needy especially to help the senior citizens.

KEEP people in your live
    that truly love you
    motivate you
    encourage you
    inspire you
    enhance you &
    make you happy.

If you have people who do
    NONE of the above
    let them go…..

6 people like this.

2. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Viji Mam,
    Thank you for sharing such a wiser post with us. Its a pleasure reading your posts always!!

'People always take advantage of soft nature. Just because someone helps and does not trouble others and ready to do anything some people take advantage and give the work to people who are older than them. Just because someone even if they are old come to help we should not take advantage'

T
    otally agree with you viji mam.. i have experienced it so many times and again i become soft only.

"KEEP people in your live
    that truly love you
    motivate you
    encourage you
    inspire you
    enhance you &
    make you happy. If the person has does nothing from above ..let them go out of your life"

But sometimes such persons keep on coming and influencing our lives again and again...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Deep dear thanks for your fast fb. Glad you like my posts and to know you have also experienced. I agree with your last line

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That is very interesting Viji aunty! I have never thought about that - now you have given me something to think about :hide: Well I guess, realistically it has to be all the three at one time or the other - understanding which is which and applying it might give us some insights into our own situations!

Thank you for sharing these thoughts!

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear glad ot se eyou here and to know that the quote made you think.

6. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Viji Mam,

Well written.

Yes. It is true that some people take undue advantage of the soft natured ones. But now a days I learnt to recognize them though not immediately. But after recognizing their attitude we should be careful and firm in our actions and should not allow them to take everything for granted. And also if we are taking anybody’s help, we should know our limits to maintain the relationship.

Nice post Mam.

Regards,
    Lakshmi.

1 person likes this.
  7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

my dear viji
    I am very slowly catching up with everyone's writings and intend to read more of yours.

You have packed a whole lot of wisdom in this tiny space and we are too benefit.

I have never heard the saying about the water but it is beautiful and makes sense.

In our town temple we women have to cook for all the public functions and almost always falls on stay at home moms like me. And cooking in not for 20 people or 50 people more often it is for hundreds. Though there are few women who cook religiously it always happens it falls on the shoulders of us same women!
    I am so happy you mentioned the health problems incidents. happens to me all the time!

Your final para is a sum of your valuable life experiences. It is true that we only need people who truly matter and make a difference. Sadly this number is not a big one for most people thereby teaching on the inevitable transcendence of all life forms.

I think with reference to the leaf.. It is the tree that lets it go.. with so much love.. and when you see the leaf dancing in the wind you can see it full of joy and love as it gives itself away as manure soon after.

2 people like this.
  8. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

Viji Mam... wonderfully said.

Especially these lines... Something that all of us should learn.

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji Akka,

What a phenomenal post this is. You have poured a lot of wisdom into it as AC mentioned above. I wanted to respectfully share some of my thoughts with you.

Your husband is a very noble soul. He understand the art of living. He understands the concept that by helping others, he is able to eliminate his ego by repetitively subjecting the body and mind to be submissive. He also tamed his mind to understand that every being he sees around him has come from the same source from where he came into existence. By treating the noble ones who take his service with gratitude and the ones who take advantage out of his helping tendency the same way, he is proving to the world that he has achieved equanimity in life. If a person shows gratitude for services rendered by him, it helps him on the day of his reckoning. What really helps your husband is his attitude to serve. When we all enter the kingdom of God, there are two soldiers called Sama and Dama standing at the entrance of the kingdom. Sama is the soldier who verifies how much we controlled our senses from executing our Vasanas and Dama is the soldier who verifies how much we controlled our mind to listen to our Consciousness. Your husband is an accomplished Karma Yogi and don't forget that his every action is not only watched by the Lord but is helped with by the Lord Himself. But tell him only one thing from your brother. His body is the temple where his Lord resides and he has a duty to take very good care of the temple as well.

If you recall the months of Margazi (Dec-Jan), you can imagin people who sing and play musical instruments simultaneously. If you carefully watch them, they sing bhajans from their mouth, play Thambura with one hand and use cymbals in the other. If you can visualize this scene, now you think, that thambura is our life and cymbals are pleasure and pain and we are in the mode of singing the praise of the Lord. This can be done in Karma Yoga by leading our life into providing service to the humanity (which in my mind is working for the mission of the Lord) while remaining in the same state of mind through pleasure and pain. This is equivalent to tuning our life to the mission of the Lord or playing to the symphony.

Lastly, if we look around us, every object around us is sacrificing constantly for the welfare of other beings, whether it is a plant or animal or even an inanimate object. Similarly, it is no one's fault if the leaf falls from a tree. The wind is helping the leaf to fulfill its mission and the tree and the leaf is sacrificing their attachment to each other to let leaf sacrifice its life and be useful to other beings. If you see a flower before it blossoms, it stands erect and feel good about its opportunity to blossom, when it becomes a flower it is happy that it could be used to submit to the feet of the Lord and finally when it becomes nirmalyam, it feels humbled and honored about the opportunity it got to serve the Lord and keeps its head down. I can go on and on and there are so many examples around us. Every object around us is teaching something or the other all the time and all we need to do is to take time to watch them and learn lessons out of watching them.

When you get a chance, kindly read my blog http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/viswamitra/symphony-7807/ and give your valuable opinion. Thank you.

Viswa

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Excellent Viji, your quotes and the write- up!
    I agree with it 100% !

Sriniketan