1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Write for yourself and celebrate writing."

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 11, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

There are two kinds of writer: those that make you think, and those that make you wonder.
    - Brian Aldiss

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”

- Thomas Edison

I have learnt from experience that whatever you do you should do it with confidence . It may take time to achieve success but in the long run we will achieve it. The person who became a great writer was due to his efforts and in the start he was also a beginner. To become a great writer we have to read a lot.

Of late we have so many good writers in IL and we get to learn a lot from their writings and their experiences. We should have a heart to appreciate their writings. Some write because of their passion for writing and dont wait for fbs. Some like me get disheartened if there is no response.

When in School it used to be difficult to write essays. Used to refer many books and then write. I joined IL in 2007 and from the beginning I had been writing my experiences in Snippets only. Many good writers have come and gone. Some have written only a few threads but have received award so fast because of their excellent write up. We miss those great writers now.

"The golden rule of writing is to write what you care about. If you care about your topic, you'll do your best writing, and then you stand the best chance of really touching a reader in some way."
    by Jerry Spinelli

11 people like this.

2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Well said....Celebrate writing and write about causes close to your heart - that is such a nice thought!

1 person likes this.
  3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji aunty,
    That's a vitamin post for the writers in Snippets......:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup...Loved it....:)

1 person likes this.
  4. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Loved this post of yours vijima.. :) :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

i just came to lighten up and such a short & crisp writeup! liked this one!!! i have always wanted to write, but i think i have this writer's block....so now, I don't wait to start writing...i am trying to respond, and if any posts relate to my life or if i can offer something, i do it through fbs!! i also hope to start writing sometime, and I think IL is a great forum to do that !! well said viji ma'am ...there are so many many good writers here....and there are many trying to pep up their writing skills...and ultimately it gives oneself a good amount of self-confidence!!! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Arch dear thanks for your appreciation

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very happy to read this Vijima. Just keep writing for satisfaction. Feedbacks will come. Don't worry about them. :)

2 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi dear thanks fo ryour compliments

9. Ramar

Ramar Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji,
    Liked your write up. You spoke your heart clearly, In fact, i am of the same sort. Though i have liking to write not sure if i would be able to do it. In fact, manier times i feel if i wrote what i intended to do. So, yes, feedbacks are so important to me too. I wish to join the writers club. In fact, only when i start writing i get a feel that i need to search for words. Some years back, i intentionally started learning new words as i was running out of words while writing. As you said, there are many a beautiful wrire ups in this forum. Recently i saw one thread written by Cheeni Sir, though the content was simple, the narration was just excellent..Every post is a learning as well as an inspiration and you are also one of these!!..Happy Writing...

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabari dear glad to see you here with lovely message