1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Chosen One!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 10, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You cannot foretell who will marry whom.; Two people may love each other very much but may end up not marrying each other, and two people who do not even know each other may marry each other in the end. Tom and Eliza

Now a days many girls feel that marriage can wait. Some feel that no need to marry seeing the married people suffering. They enjoy their work so like to be single. Its only the parents who get worried because whenever they go for functions people start asking why their daughter is still not married. The girls of these parents tell them that why you simply ask my parents when I am not interested in marriage.

Being single is a choice for some and a compulsion for others. In life, you often wish to stay alone and undisturbed and choose not to have a partner. Some like to remain single and enjoy life alone.

Don't worry if you're still single. God is looking at you right now saying, "I'm saving this girl for someone special."
    ~ Anonymous.

Now a days many boys lead a hectic life. They are very busy with their jobs always either busy with the phone or the laptop. They dont feel like getting married. Earlier the parents used to search for bridegrooms but now its the boy's parents who are searching for a bride. Girls also want to marry a person who is well qualified like them and also having a high post like them. It is very difficult to get as they wish, so many are still not married.

8 people like this.

2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Very apt for the current situation where girls are more independent and do not want to sacrifice their freedon for the sake of marriage.

So they are ok to marry only if the guy will allow them to continue their freedom.

If you think about it, those days women had no choice.

That is why they stayed even with abusive husbands all their life.....because they did not have the money to raise the kids by themselves not because they loved their husband.

And the justice system had not caught up with divorce issues much. So men could escape without paying alimony and women were scared and lived with him.

But on the outside, those marriages looked stable and happy.

But this generation does not want to put up a show. They want real happiness and companionship from their husband or they do not want anything.

However the only thing that refuses to change is the wagging tongue that keeps asking stupid questions Vijima ...they can just spoil our peace of mind for no reason.

4 people like this.
  3. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

True Vijima...

Now a days girls dont want to get into marriage as they think they will get added responsiblity and have to sacrifice their life.

They think that being single is fine as they can enjoy their self as they wish.

3 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Eandian dear thanks for your first fb and you have narrated very well better than me. True those days women had to go undergo many difficulties as they were not much educated and were not working , so they had to stick to the family.

Vijima ...they can just spoil our peace of mind for no reason.

True dear

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Uma dear glad to see you here and thanks for your fb. True they are happy being single.

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Yes Vijima. Times are changing. Life is changing. Men and women are independent and have their own fixed views. Adaptibility is on the wane. Therefore many wish to be on their own and may be it is not such a bad idea after all. It is better than getting married and then being eternally at loggerheads. Somehow most Indian marriages seem to be more about the parents and pils rather than about the man and woman getting married and inevitably seem to be ending up in fights. It seems to degenerate into issues of your parents vs my parents. Isn't it better that these people stay single with their parents rather than fighting over them?

5 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear true they say when someone gets married they marry to a family and they have to adjust with everyone in the family. But now a days many like to stay separate and the elders also feel that it is better to stay separate so that they can also have their life.

1 person likes this.
  8. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I have two girlfriends who are in their early 30's and both of them do not want to marry, for different reasons though. One of my girlfriend says that she is waiting for the right person and would rather wait, while my other friend is skeptical because of a very bad past relationship. However, both are under tremendous pressure from their family and friends, who are married. My heart goes out to both of them, they are both educated, have good jobs, and in their own words they are very happy in life but because of the constant focus on them not being married they are now becoming frustrated and depressed.
    I think marriage, whether arranged or love, is a matter of choice. While some of us are ready for it, some others are not why not let them be and give them the space rather than subject them to constant scrutiny

3 people like this.
  9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Of all said and done marriage needs some adjustments, compromises with each other, with each other's families, at least in India...for both boys and girls. If they are not prepared for that and always think I and me, it is better to enjoy the independence which they have and not get into frustrations later. Financial independence gives the choice to many.

Syamala

2 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Arch dear welcome to my thread.Thanks for sharing about your two friends. True we should not interfere in anyone's marriages, its their choice.

I

2 people like this.