1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mega-muse

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, May 28, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Some strange stillness has settled on the community and locality that I live in. The residents in the area look, puzzled and disturbed. Everybody seems to be moving in a state of abstraction, if someone has to get stuff from his car he literally sneaks out avoiding the privy eyes. Social life had come to a stand still. To fully understand what I am taking, you have to come and live downtown Abudhabi.....NO, I am not in somnambulance, I am fully awake.

Parking which was always an issue here has got really ugly and frustrating in the past few months owing to some excavation work in progress. Now, when people hit back home tired, exhausted after a long blood sucking day at work, they get panic attacks on where they can possibly accomodate the car.
    Today I spent almost 70 mins of my time looking for a parking....yeah you heard me right. There are no words in the English dictionary to describe my emotions;angry and hungry....a combination which makes me a tigress.
    First I spotted a man coming out of the restaurant....with a bloated tummy, a big/fat gold chain and an oversized pair of goggles he was a sight to behold.......he came out picked every single tooth with a toothpick and burped a nice loud B-U-R-P....right behind,,, his wife joined him with two tiny kids , and she seemed to enjoy the strong whiff emitted ....I waited patiently thinking he is gonna move his car from somewhere and I am going to get my parking......while I wait there watching every move of theirs (even the wife cleaning the kids boogers) they walks to the cab park , hail a cab and off they go. Disappointed, I started my rounds yet again....this time I saw a man flashing his car keys, I was so relieved. Little did he know that he was holding the keys to my salvation....ATLEAST so I thought. I followed him, smiled at him....he did smile back ( when was the last time I had smiled so sweetly to my DH?) He stopped by his car, took his time to finish off the juice he was drinking , opened his car.......took some papers and walked off.......what the &@£@? Did he just leave me there high and dry?
    My mission continued, surely I could pack my car and take it home for the day!

This time I saw the break lights on of a car and rushed to secure my place, I stayed their " put" for a nice 5 mins for this man to finally pull the car out.....AND?....and comes a man from nowhere and just parks his car......Friends....this was the limit.!!!...I Lost it COMPLETELY :rant....I walked over to him knocked his window and asked him " are you a man?"....I loved the look on his ugly face! He said "what?"..... I repeated " are you a man, let alone being a gentleman????".... " I have my doubts"...... While he stood there trying to figure out the full deptH of what I meant I sped off tremendously satisfied.
    Again in pursuit , I spotted this another man, he was about to put his hands in his pocket....I had no clue was it for the key or for an itch at the wrong place....by now I had lost all my senses, sensibilities ,manieres, and courtesy ....I blabbered out " are you moving your car?"..... I literally startled him, he nodded ( may be he was too baffled to speak)...... He said " but my car is quite far".....never mind I said," you walk I'll follow"...(no way I was going to give a stranger a lift, even if it was for a parking).......finally....finally....i got my parking! I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming!
    Now that I have vomited it all out..... .....my gut is empty , relieved!:coffee

19 people like this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Megha dear I know how difficult it is to get parking space in Abhudhabi and Dubai. Since I had been to Dubai haveseen the same. It was a good narration and I can understand how irritated you must have been. I always think I should wait to make nominations. But your post is making me go and nominate just now which will be my second nomination. I am not so good in giving fb but atleast I can nominate

2 people like this.
  3. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear Mega,
    Congrats on being nominated for FP. I do understand how tough it is to wait for such a long time to park after having a long day. Loved your post dear.

Appu

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

My dear Vijima
    All I wanted was to vent out my frustrations.......and what do I see, a nomination? Thanks and a bear hug. Fbs are no rocket science...whatever few sincere, sensible lines we write is good in itself. We all value every fb of yours....they are so mommish and warm.
    Thank you, honoured!
    Mega

3 people like this.
  5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Appu...hello
    Aren't you the girl who fed a poor grandma with glue? You really took her off guard.....hope you still have some in the fridge....I need to shove it down my bosses throat.
    Thank you for the fb...See u around!
    Mega

2 people like this.
  6. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

I heaved a big sigh after reading this post Mega,....Atlast you found the place to park your car..I am much relieved :)

Nicely written...

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Prana
    They say an invention is underway, wherein you can fold your car and take it home, like we do for the Pram....so waiting for that eagerly....thank you buddy for the FB.
    mega

1 person likes this.
  8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mega ma'am.......

So....your threshold is 70 minutes eh......
    That's amazing honey.......
    Burps and big fat gold chains are instant triggers for me ........:bonk
    Sorry, I laughed reading the post my dear....:hide:...even after empathizing.....

That's the magic of your narration......:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Congrats on being nominated by Viji aunty.....:)

2 people like this.
  9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi
    Thanks....gal.
    Oh....his wife seemed to enjoy her Dh's burp........uuggs! ...he seemed quiet content with his food and life!
    I know, Vijima always gives a motherly touch to our threads.
    Take care....mega

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Oh Mega! You really had me in splits. You have absolutely outdone yourself today and all the FBs here have also had me in hysterics. I screamed at the mental image of the man to whom you expressed doubts on the matter of his gender - I could see him say "Say-wot?", his jaw drop and his eyes pop out at the woman who sprang these unpleasant doubts on him. I could see him trying to figure out the correct response to that one.
    The picture of this paunch which walked out with gold chains hanging above it, belching fumes ahead of it to announce its arrival was even more hilarious. :rotfl What a laugh riot this has been. Thanks for that Mega. :-D

4 people like this.