1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does size matter??????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Apr 9, 2012.

1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

hmm there is a lot of NDTV/CNN-IBN type question forming these days.

The general opinion is girls love a tall, dark guy.

2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Navs
    Thank you for pointing out a very valid point. This so-called notion exists, true. We stereo type such couples as an odd pair wherein the wife holds the reins. Initially the dh might be ok with it ( or he wouldn't have married her). But in the long run when he feels he is being considered a bit submissive , he might try to overdo things just to prove " I am in command".
    Mega

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mega,
    I think the title should be, 'does height matter' isn't..depending on the question you have asked! :)

Enjoyed the write up on bride seeing and your doubts regarding whether both the concerned parties like each other or not..

In my opinion that doesn't matter you know, help is always there in the form of heels... :)

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

very interesting Question Mega..I am with your sister ..that is the ideal way to be ,feels me :)Looks great while hugging, dancing ..in fact just walking into a room as a couple hahha. but I have done all this happily with someone just a few inches taller than me for more than the last twenty years so I guess it is just the same .
    But shorter than me..NO NO ..Agreed it is an old fashioned answer..

1 person likes this.
  5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srini
    Thanks for the fb....and aahh coming to the the title! ......it is "pun intended", purposeful play on words to give the topic a twist!
    Esteemed your thoughts on heels.....Oh yeah...gives me ripples to imagine men walking with stiletos and pencil heels!!!! Soon we will have a brand of stiletos footware for men!
    Mega

6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

My dear Mindian
    After all those FBs I think I too will stick to the "old fashioned answer"....it gives us excuses to rest our chin, dance in style and look like the "docile wife" (while the truth may be that "we rule"):cheers
    And my dearest MINdi, I have closed my eyes, so you can hug and dance with your dear hubby while taking my thread as an excuse. I am sure your DH will catch the next available flight to "reward" me for posting the thread and the cozy events which followed as an aftermath :thumbsup.
    Thanks indeed for stopping by.

1 person likes this.
  7. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mega,

:rotfl you made me happy today for mentioning two things. These days I am blaming myself that my memory is fading. But I could recall ethyl alcohol immediately seeing c2h5oh :) and the second thing about picking up fights:)
    Hey thats my area too:bonk

your 8 year old seems to be intelligent in this analysis and i prefer to go with the kid:)

enjoyed reading it :cheers

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hello Raba
    Thank you for expressing solidarity....
    My Dh and son have this habit of pulling legs of one and all......i too join in....but when I am the target you should watch me! Fumming from pole to pole!
    My DD is a "PIE"....she is one of a kind, has an answer for her questions, our question and even the neighbours questions!!!!
    Mega

9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hi Megalife, that's a hillarious post you have there! ;-) Well, when I read the title, I thought you were talking about size as in the "weight size". In fact I was really keen to share my thoughts on the topic as I just blogged about the "size-matter" topic some months ago and thought it would be nice to reminisce the moments.

But I was pleasantly surprised to see you talking about the other size- height! Hehehe, it never crossed my mind to think about heights for I'm not very tall myself. But I do have cousins and friends who are extremely tall and for some reasons, their height often end up being an issue for their delay in marriages.

Do I think it's ok for women to be taller than their male partners. Well, I've always liked tall men for the same reasons stated by your dear sister- you find it more comfortable lying on their shoulders while dancing, walking or crying. If the woman happen to be tall, then they would have to bend down to use their men's shoulders to their full advantage...and that would render them to be in an awkward position. So for comfort sake, tall men are more usefull to us women when we need a shoulder to lean on.

Apart from that, taller men are extremely useful for house cleaning purposes, especially when the cleaning happens to on the upper part of the house- ceiling fan, upper wardrobe, ceiling high cupboards etc. As you may know, it's tremendously difficult to make some men to clean the house so the only way we can request them to do is by boosting their pride on their heights. "Only you are tall enough to clean the ceiling fan. I just wish I had your height though. Would I have disturbed you otherwise?"

Nevertheless, when the women are taller, than the statement above would hold no water you see. They just have to clean everything on their own.

4 people like this.
  10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sofea
    You are "one bundle of wits".......and you are very, very resourceable.....how else can I compliment on this???

What all do you think in that brain of yours????......thank you for adding a bit of salt and pepper to my thread.
    And with humour in your blood...I am glad the word "size" did not drive your thoughts to further horizons.
    Mega