1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Thank HIM

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Mar 27, 2012.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

My life so far is very beautiful though with all its ups and downs. I may sound positive. But believe me, I am with those women who see half filled glass as half empty:spin.

My childhood had been snatched away from me at the age of four and half years by polio. I was not much worried then. It might be because I was not aware what I was losing by not being locomotive.

Thank God! I was blessed with a good set of friends who helped me in my school. I never had to face any embarrassment in my life. My parents are GOD sent and I felt their love and care all through my life. Before entering into my college, GOD sent some angels to help me and I never felt down once other than the routine things an orthopaedically challenged one would miss in her life. They would definitely remain as losses till I die.

My parents like every other parents wanted me to marry a good boy. But I didn't expect one such event in my life that quick. But there too GOD had some other plans and I got married to the most wonderful man in the whole world.

I always missed the small things in my life. One such was boating. I always longed to go a small voyage in a boat. But my disability prevented me. When I was newly married, I told him that desire of mine. But he didn't say a word as he knew that it would be practically impossible for be to enjoy one.

Three days before we went to Kochin with my in-laws. We were having a good time with all my family members and my mother-in-law wanted to visit a church which was at fort Kochi. I was very happy because it was the first time I was seeing Kochi and its landscape. The beach and the container terminals made me wonder. I never ever in my life thought that I would be able to see a ship in real.

Suddenly my husband who was driving our car stopped at a place near the sea. I could barely see the sea from the distance. My MIL, SIL, BIL and our kids got down from the car. I asked my husband whether it was a place of any importance. He replied that he wanted to go to a nearby place with me and so the others would wait there for us. He drove the car in reverse and stopped. Lots of vehicles were parked and so I thought we were struck in the traffic. Suddenly I felt a small wave like motion and I was confused.

My husband read the expression on my face and with a smile he told me to watch outside. When I looked outside, I was like Ohhh! My God.... I just couldn't believe what I saw outside. I was in the middle of the sea. The car was floating on the sea in a ferry. I was wonder struck. A small passenger boat passed us and a biiigggg ship. I was looking at the buildings on the other side. I was on the ferry for some ten minutes. But it was one of the most unforgettable moments of my life and I thank my husband for gifting me those beautiful moment:bowdown. Later on I came to know that my whole family planned that moment just for me... Oh! God... my beautiful family...:)

I am blessed indeed.... (Though the glass is half empty....):hide:

41 people like this.

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear lovelyme,

That is indeed beautiful experience, after all we have to count our blessings, you got a very understanding, caring , loving family, glass may seem half empty only physically but its contents are very pure and sweet, cherish the moments.

Sujatha.

2 people like this.
  3. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dear LovelyMe...

Lovely write-up of your lovely experience dear.....you are really blessed with Caring family and loving husband....Neverever think of half-empty in the glass....positiveness make your life extreme happiness...which will be there forever....

Sravani

1 person likes this.
  4. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Wow..that's a lovely experience lovelyme!!

5. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Congrats on this trip..a wesome. i could imagine how that moment would have been,..

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lovelyme,

I understand this is striaght from your heart. You Just made us feel a bit of everything with your wonderful style of narrating.

And whatever you say about yourself, I dont think you are a person who sees Half empty glass but the otherway a positive person you are and you are a blessed woman to have a wonderful parents, friends & family.

I could feel your happiness & excitement in your writing.

Good bless you with all the happiness & joys.

- Pallavi

1 person likes this.
  7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lovelyme, It was a nice post and lovely write up!That experience was" unforgettable moments "in your life .You are so lucky, you have got a very caring good Husband, and good family memebers(mil,sil,bil) and you have mentioned that, you have got good friends, and good caring parents.... everything you have got!You are a blessed woman!.Don't be sad.be happy always and enjoy. May God Bless You.

1 person likes this.
  8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

That was very nice of your hubby!You are blessed.

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

you are indeed a lovely person , lovelyme, and lucky enough to be surrounded by a lovely family too.God Bless you and your family ! Perhaps that is HIS way of compensating you for the things that you may be missing otherwise in life. I wish you this happiness always .:)

1 person likes this.
  10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear lovelyme very nice writeup.Don't think the glass is half empty it is filled up by invisible joy or happiness.

1 person likes this.