1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dad....thank you for what you have given me..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by daffodiill, Mar 24, 2012.

1. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

Re: Dad....thank u for what u have given me..

HAI VIJI..
    THANK U SO MUCH..it is really really great that you have such a WONDERFUL husband...you are very lucky my dear as it is very difficult to find a husband even with the traces of our fathers..ENJOY YOUR LIFE MY LADY..

1 person likes this.
  2. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

I'm very much touched n moved after reading your post.

3. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

Thank you mega..yes i am really lucky to have him..

4. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

really touching post.
    my dad was in army and we moved around a lot , he had a habit of buying stuff where ever he went for me . be it a Assamese saree when i was hardly in eighth grade. he would tell mom we r seeing so many places so we should collect good souvenirs for our kids so that when they grow up that will bring back memories.
    when i went to college he get stuff saying it was for my wedding when me n mom would protest that the fashion will change and who would wear this after 5 years he would say ok dont wear keep as a memory.
    i had sarees from every corner of india , jewelry right from rare pearls to temple jewelry . right from kashmir handicraft to andaman he got things from me and when i married my father was not there , he died before i decided to marry . now after marriage when i use the stuff he got it brings back so many memories . everyone asks me where i got this from and with pride i say my dad got it for me.
    the unconditional love he gave , the sacrifices he made for my studies and the care and concern he had , and above all the protection he provided and made me a strong person . many people say i am a copy of my father in principles n hardworking nature and loving my family but i only say a copy is never good as original . he was the best and will be .

ur post brought back so many memories of love dad's give.
    god bless u n ur dad with lots of happy years ahead.

3 people like this.
  5. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

thank you Haciko..happy that few are there to listen to my heart weepings..

6. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

hello cutemonster... thank you for your wonderful reply with your love for your dad..your had the best man in your life . knowing about your dad had made me even more blissful..indeed, he is great.Happy that you have shared your most wonderful memories with me.

7. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Daffodil,

The very mention of the word "Dad"...would take me to the sentimental mode.....and would bring at least a few drops of tears from eyes....and that was the reason I am late here in this beautiful thread of yours.....

A sweet post Daffodil.....Loved your narration that's straight from the heart....:thumbsup...and nothing can equal the pure ,selfless,indulgent love a doting dad showers on his daughter.....( of course sons do get that, but daughters get the extra chunk always....)

After becoming a mother ourselves, we understand them better.....and I asked my dear dad once, "How can I give back dad....all the love , affection,care and sacrifice.....I think nothing can equal what you have given me...." and my dear dad, calmly replied, holding my hand and pressing it gently...." Be a good mother to your son....and that's it dear....."....both of us smiled , with eyes gleaming with tears......:)

My best wishes to you and to your dear dad....wishing you more happy times with your dad.....:)

2 people like this.
  8. neetaraj

neetaraj New IL'ite

give them love before they leave and u realize that u did nothing for them and repent