1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings change memories dont

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 18, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

God doesn’t give you the people you want, he gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you & to make you the person you were meant to be.- Unknown

Whatever I am today is because of the people and family who have inspired me, encouraged me which has kept my life going peacefully. Without God's and elder's blessings nothing can be achieved.

Twenty one years back I had hip bone fracture. Those days medication was not so advanced as of today. I was in bed for two months , the cot was my world . There were no mobiles also . So I used to pass my time reading spiritual books, writing Sri Rama Jayam and watching TV. Luckily I could see the outside world from the cot where I was lying down. So used to spend time watching everyone. Used to wait for my friends and relatives to come and see me. After two months also I was not better so consulted another Doctor another operation and slowly started walking with the help of walker. It was so painful. I remember the first time I went for physiotheraphy it was so painful. When I was trying to bend my leg it was so painful. Seeing me in pain my daughter who had come with me fainted. The Doctor told me from tomorrow dont bring her.

By God's grace I became ok and started going to office. In early stages I could not walk fast . Earlier I used to go by train and then started going by contract bus. Beginning used to go with walker to office. Luckily one friend was there who was also staying near my house so with her help could cross the roads and get in and get down from the bus. The friends in the bus were very helpful . After two years again I had problem so another operation was there and because of that I was ok

Sometimes we sit back and remember, the way things used to be
    memories that lie in our hearts, stab us like a knife
    part of us wishes they would go away but part of us does not want to forget
    the days we loved so much, went by so very fast
    and the next thing we know, they are gone forever
    except for the pain tha tlies in our hearts , but that's when we realise
    that there are days when we wake up,
    with the sun shining through the windows
    anticipating what the day will bring but those days are not eternities
    they aren't forever you see, and we will realise
    that yesterday had not been a dream but a memory
    today is different than yesterday and tomorrow will be different than today
    but as long as we have our memories everything will be okay - unknown

Though the above para is not written by me but whatever I feel is written in that. If I did not have the help of my family and friends today I would not have been walking and be independent. Every walk of life someone was there to hold my hand, inspire and encourage me. Especially when we grow old we need inspiration, encouragement and help from others.

Every single time you are about to give up..hold on.hold on because you didnt come this far to give up and walk away. hold on because you know you are stonger. hold on because you owe ourself that much.
    - mee

7 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Vijima

I'm at loss of words to write any fb to this.......... This is what exactly i feel (that was 1st thing came into my mind after reading the title)...... Whatever u said is very true vijima.. very much true............ FEELINGS CHANGE.. BUT MEMORIES WONT............

And hats off to your strength physically and especially mental strength to overcome those tough times and the way you recognise others & thier help (this trait very rare)

And I could very well relate with the feel in this post....

And I Bow to you for this post.

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pallavi dear I am at loss of words for getting a fb from you. Not only that you went and nominated my post also. Thanks so much. If I had not got a fb from you I would have deleted this thread. Glad atleast you liked the post. I pray God that he should give me strength to lead the rest of my life.

May God bless you

1 person likes this.
  4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Vijima

This post has so much of meaning.. dont delete it and always ur posts have superb message to carry forward...

And i cant explain how but .. this post touched my heart.

I wish you healthy life ahead.. and you will much more happiness in days to come.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pallavi dear thanks again for your encouragement. Thanks for your good wishes

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ma,

How are you? Long time.

Sorry to know about your painful 2 months. But yes you will remember those days and also be proud that how you came through that. Yes things that don't kill us, only makes us stronger.

Love the above words. Yes we are not here to give up. But we do need the encouraging and loving words from our loved ones. Those are the tonics that keeps us going!

Very nice post Viji ma... Makes us to think there are sooooo much in life that what we think we know. So we shouldnt fold our mind for little confusions, and should be prepared to take life as it comes.

ILT

7. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

These words are sort of what i tell myself every now and then.... Glad to read the same from someone else.. Applauding your strength! and thanking you for sharing the same..
    God bless you & take care of you always

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Vijima
    How are you feeling now? We all have to bear our allotted share of pain in life.....how well we manage to cope up with it is the question. I love the simplicity of your thoughts....makes me feel you are so real and a kohinoor diamond.
    You inspire IL more than anyone else....take care of yourself. Love.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

You are absolutely true, Viji..Feelings change with age but not the memories..if those memories are sour, it is better to put them at the back of our mind and rejoice the sweet memories over and over again..:)
    :thumbsup: for the determination you possess..surely an inspiration to all of us here.

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  10. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty......:)

A vitamin post from you....as usual....:bowdown...!!!!!!

I can imagine, how it would have been , 20 years ago.....and ...:clap:hatsoff:clap.for your courage and positivity to get back to work soon....... :thumbsup

As our Mindi said in her snippet, What goes around....comes around......people would have been extra-happy to be of some help to you....who is ever- helpful and supportive to everyone......:cheers

My prayers for your sound health dear aunty.......:)

A nice post studded with nice quotes...:thumbsup..!!!!

2 people like this.