1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grass is never green!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 8, 2012.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

“Any other question before we break for the lunch?” asked the instructor.
    “Shall we have a 2-hour lunch break?” asked the girl & everyone in the workshop burst out with laughter.
    I wonder whether she has any brain. I was thinking myself. After a minute my mind said ,”You are jealous of her”. Yes I was. I was ashamed at the very thought.
    She is a slim, tall, woman with a very attractive looks & pleasing personality. Now the workshop is broke for lunch, she is surrounded by people. I could hear her laughter in the distance.
    I was in a project manager workshop arranged by my company. Life was not very tough for me. But it was hard. At 32, I’m a project manager in a top MNC. I have come up the way with lot of hiccups balancing family, my kid etc. I’m well recognized as a competent manager in the organization. But I had to go extra distance to make people understand I’m approachable manager too. I’m a dark, tall and round woman. I don’t have that striking looks & personality which make people think I’m a friendly person too.
    “Her life must be easy!” I thought to myself.
    I & she were the only women there. I went to help myself with the lunch. I hardly knew anyone there, so I must have the lunch alone.I seated myself in a comfortable table.
    “Shall I join you?” She asked standing at my table.
    “Sure why not?” I told
    We had a good time in lunch. We were discussing about the issues we face, common people we knew etc. She was quite friendly etc
    “Wish I’m like you..” she told me after sometime. What? Isn’t this what I was thinking about her…
    “You know people never take me seriously. They think pretty women generally don’t have brain. I have always heard people saying you’re beautiful. I know I’m. But it’s a professional environment and I want people to say you are a competent manager. Why I’m perceived as a friendly person not a competent manager…” she went on and
    I told her about my problems and she listened patiently.
    “Life must be easy for them no….” she pointed at a bunch of men.
    “Who knows..” I sighed and we burst out laughing…
    I realized life is not easy for anyone. Men, women,Rich,poor, beautiful, educated, uneducated, employed, unemployed has their own problems that no one other has any clue on. If one feels that they are lacking something, they should try to develop it. If it’s something which one cannot change, try to accept that and live with it.
    Happy women’s day, folks. Let’s try to live happily with what we have.

2. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear blackbeauty.. Wow!That was a lovely post with a great message.. loved it
    Wish you also a very happy women's day!

3. blackbeauty84

Thanks Vidchaklra. Wishing you a happy womens day as well.

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Very true and very beautifully penned article Blackbeauty!
    Yes half our problems are we assume the other people have it better than us.
    Only when we approach we know that every individual has to face some problem or the other in his/her life.

It is always good to remember that is in't it?
    As you say, nobody has it easy, rich, poor, educated, uneducated, Indian, American, Chinese, king, president, or the fisherman. Everybody has to struggle in some way or the other.

So on the flip side everybody has the same shot at laughter and happiness too.
    Let us focus on the positives and strive to be content and happy.:cheers
    Good one.

3 people like this.
  5. blackbeauty84

Thanks kkrish. I was thinking about this for quite sometime. We always think other's have a ride while we are struggling. That came out as this article.

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

:whistle:whistle

HaPPy Womens Day Black Beauty

Whistle is for your post.. Written very well and the way we feel about others thinking that their life must be easy is being depicted very well in your narration.

This is one point everyone should bear in mind. If done so, we can live a happy life irrespective of the problems we have. :thumbsup

7. blackbeauty84

Thanks Pallavi4me! Wish you a happy womens day as well....

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Blackbeauty.

So well penned. We always think that grass is always greener on the other side, but when we go and have a look we come to know there is no difference on both the sides.
    It is always good to be happy with what we are, each and every person have they own drawback, dealing with them successful, is the beauty of life.

Happy woman's Day to you.

9. blackbeauty84

1 person likes this.
  10. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi black beauty
    Loved your post! Sure. Human mind is still so...!!!... We always feel this always the grass is always green on the other side. ... . Though I haven't encountered ne yet!