1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This week it’s only smiles.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Mar 7, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamala dear nice to see you here after a long time with your lovely post. Ya when children are there the house looks nice and we also feel nice to entertain them with yummy food. My son also used to say when he was young that a house is not a house if it is clean and neat. If I go to keep everything properly in his shelf he will say he cant find something.

Life teaches us not to trust our tears. They flow both in happinessand and sorrow. . So lets trust only our smile and those who are responsible for it . Have a rocking time with your children.

1 person likes this.
  2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Good one Kamala ma'am :)
    Wish you many, many and many more such smiles :)
    Loved your dh's comment about the food tasting wonderful, sad truth being that, what is healthy is not always tasty :bonk
    Have fun :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Krish,

what a wondrful blog this is, u keepiong ur cool even when u see everything upsiode down eh ! Fr it is the boys who bring in the sunshine in yr house, where the house feels like a home, messy and all, and not quite and clean like a 5 star hotel. i can understand , for my daughter was away for 2 years doing her MBA, and the home was so loney, now she is back with us, and it feels heaven, and eveyrday she will ask now papa i make some veg breakfast for u, something new from the book, and i tell her , today is my egg breakfast day, and her long face makes me tell her, ok beta bring.

for when she is gone to her husband, when she marries, it will be just the two of us, looking at each otheres faces, and now english music wafts from her room, she comes to watch the TV wher ei sit, putting on Seinfield, which thanks to her i have started to like, and we then talk of tjhios and that, and it is sheer bliss, i tell u krish.

Beautiful blog, words cannot describle it. i know i cannot compare with Cheeniya my friend in his replies, this is the best i can do.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  4. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala ma'am....:)
    I was missing your snippets these days......and now I see.....the smile.....:)......a very sweet post ma'am......:thumbsup
    It awoke the dreamer in me..:spin..and I am dreaming......:coffee.....and a smile is beaming on my face too......:)
    Thank you for this sweet smiling post.......:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Aruna. Nice to write after a long time too.
    You are so right. I enjoyed reading your precious moments with your son. Very nice. Playing video games? I tried to many timesand would lose out so miserably my sons gave up trying to teach me.
    Thank you Aruna. I sure will keep smiling.
    Thank you for the wonderful feedback.:bowdown

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sabitha! Yes I used to beg my younger one when he was in school to put away the trash which he used to do so reluctantly sulking. So it definitely makes me happy that nowadays whenever he is home he unfailingly brings back the trash cans. Baby becoming responsible!:)
    That's nice. Yes, cherish your kids; they grow up too fast! Actually I owe my determination to enjoy my children to my favorite philosopher Tiruvalluvar and my humorist favorite Erma Bombeck. In fact my second or third article on this is posted in the forwards section on Erma Bombeck
    Haha! Yes, it's amazing to see your children grow taller than you. I do look up to them literally and figuratively!
    Thank you for this lovely feedback! I am glad you were happy to read it!
    "Kandipaadre Enjoy Maadthini" :)

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma
    Thank you so much for this lovely feedback!

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Vijikka! :bowdown
    So true. The home is complete even when they are in their rooms the very knowledge that they are home gives so much pleasure. My parents always used to quote two of Tiruvalluvar's verses, "Kuzhalinithu, Yaazh inithu..." which really means those who say the fsound of the flute or the "Yaazh" is sweet, have not heard their children's baby talk.
    Very nice quote akka. and very true.
    Thank you for your lovely feedback!

9. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

I see a post by kkrish in Snippets. I smile!
    I quickly open the post and start reading. I smile as I read!

Dear K,
    Such a sweet post! Your post always has something to cheer us all.. Was missing you here.. Keep coming here to make us smile:)

1 person likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navs
    Thank you very much.
    Haha! Yeah he always says that and whenever I offer to make any special item when the children are away he will say, no, son#1 or son#2 likes it, make it when they come home. I am caught between a rock and a hard place as they say :)

1 person likes this.