1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Family of mine....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Saisakthi, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Family is mine, Assumption went wrong…

Playing a role like a male, Shakthi took responsibility as a sole bread winner at the age of 19 taking care of parents and brother’s family consisting of his wife and son.

Shocking was the news of a partner cheating her father and throwing the family of their own house with a meager sum as balance owed.

Father totally puzzled and depressed of his partner being so non ethical whom he considered tobe his best family friend and business partner.

Mother of the family, with lot of dreams, had lot of things sculpted and designed to her taste to have the house a beautiful home, lovely garden with all veggies,fruits, flowers available, her pious “Pooja Mandir” which cannot be equated to anything of its kind. Shakthi and others busted out when the mother glued to the Pooja Mandhir asking all her Gods “I know you are all living here, then why are we chased out from our own dream home?” by partners like this.

Alas!!! Father couldnot do anything further, as he felt that he lost status in the society as was he, was his son too, but mother and daughter were brave managing the basic needs of the family of 5+1, DIL of the family couldn’t do much just being cozy to MIL and adjusting the secrets of her home not disclosing to her family.

With Ma’s encouragement Shakthi gave up her dreams of higher studies considering “Family is mine” shouldered household, Nephew’s education, Fathers’ and brother’strauma by doing a regular job and doing her PG.

Nearly 4-5 years passed many dropped in “for a BRIDE seeing ceremony”. Relatives felt Shakthi would be a best DIL seeing the last 5 years performance at home and that was not all many queued irrespective of caste and creed, not bothering about listof items to be brought in to the In laws home by Shakthi, which they knew the family cannot afford.

Like Mother of any daughter would see Shakthi getting married was curious in every proposal hiding the fact what will happen to income with which the family is surviving. But Shakthi’s reaction was different she could not find any life partner who would consider “her Family of mine” to be “his family of mine” too. Shakthi decided empathetically that God has given me this “Family of mine” and no more Bride seeing ceremony.

Yeah, Brother though was working with a bank, would not properly attend office excusing with his health conditions, Shakthi’s SIL felt she can manage him and that he would be more responsible, if they could be in a nuclear family. Son becoming responsible cherished the idea by the mother and things were quickly through, for atransfer in the official arena. But Shakthi’s SIL on moving out realized that going to hospital /school / administering home, funds were not sufficient and had to be dependent on Shakthi again. Even before the closure of 3 months, they were back to square one.

Another 2 years elapsed Shakthi’s brother health deteriorated and had an attack of hemorrhageand was in coma for couple of days spent all the earnings, topped with loan and help from Shakthi’s SIL’s parents, managed the heavy medical bills but proved futile, he breathed his last in front of sobbing Shakthi, who stood clueless.That dark night sitting blank with the last rites to commence, was the thoughts of Shakthi of how she was a born princess, lived a great life not even steeping out on the road during school days using car, how she toiled for her “ family of mine” looking at shocked parents, young widow, innocent nephew.

Shakthi Brother’s MIL could not digest the fact that her daughter has become a widow and created a scene that they could have given the best treatment if it was informed to them, so let readers imagination be given a chance here of Shakthi’s SIL going back with the parents even before the rituals were completed.

Nephew education was funded by Shakthi till her Brother’s death when he reached higher studies in a foreign soil his uncles took over. It all happened just in a decade. After another decade when nephew well settled he has NO TIME for his aunt who brought him up in “the family of mine” Nephew hangs up the phone with a voice mail “Iam busy, will catch up with you tomorrow” but only Shakthi knows that tomorrow never came, because every today had a tomorrow.

Within this decade having lost both the parents who were depressed of being cheated by a business partner, losing a lovely home for nothing, son who would do last rituals for parents whisked them before, “the family of mine” daughter stood with “NO FAMILY”

31 people like this.

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Can you please do a spelling and grammar check before posting?

3. Saisakthi

Dear Sister,

I beg your pardon, Can you please point out which one of the words contain a spelling error? If you can spot atleast one to three spelling mistakes then I will stop posting in IL,

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

Shakthi Sister,

You have done a lot for your family. You were selfless and you did it for the love of the family. It is sad that your Nephew and your SIL doesn't recognize this, but now its high time you live for yourself also. If you are not married, please try searching for a lifepartner who can understand you and share your joy and sorrow.
    Make friends who can understand you and interact with people. Your family will realize slowly. You can also join meditation, you will get peace of mind atleast.

See this is the reason i hate this world...but as other ilite pointed out that there are good people also and after reading your story i understood people like you(Selfless and good) also exist.

1 person likes this.
  5. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Hi Saisakthi..

This is a touching story.. I guess this is yours and I am sorry for all your loses... Hope god gives you enough strength to move on..!!

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saisakthi......
    Your post moved me........I can't find words to express how I feel........:bowdown
    You are Baba's favorite daughter.....His blessings would be always there for you.......:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

that was a very touching read indeed , Sakthi.
    Well, what can I say except that I hope that the worst is over and you have happier times ahead? please let not the past make you bitter..take it that you have done your duty towards all your loved ones and now is the time to start living for yourself. All the very best to you.:)

2 people like this.
  8. Saisakthi

Dear Sister,

I beg your pardon, Can you please point out which one of the words contain a spelling error? If you can spot atleast one to three spelling mistakes then I will stop posting in IL,

WHY AREN'T YOU REVERTING BACK...

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  9. Saisakthi

Dear Sisters,

Thanks for your time and feedback

@ Swathiuday
    @ Deepa10
    @ knbg - Bhargavi
    @ Mindian

:thankyou2:

SaiBaba :Bow is the head of the Family now who has turned No Family into SAI FAMILY.

May Baba bless all of us in abundance and guide us in the right path.

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sakthi

Really moved by your post. While facing so many hardship in life I can tell today you are a strong woman. I think That was your this birth's debts which you have dutifully fulfilled so that today God has blessed you with happy life.
    When Sai's blessings are on you I don't think you need to worry about anything in future. He gives us all 10 times more then what we have done.

3 people like this.