1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An awesome lady I Adore......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knbg, Feb 16, 2012.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mega,
    Glad that you liked the post, and it had stirred your interest.....
    I am giving a link to our fellow IL , Sriniketan's Blog......She has explained lucidly some of Avvaiyaar's works.....:)

2. knbg

Dear Viji aunty,
    Thanks for your kind words aunty......:bowdown

3. knbg

Hi Tanoshii,
    Thanks for dropping in dear....and I am glad that you enjoyed reading the post......:)

4. knbg

Thank you dear Dipu.....:)

5. knbg

Hi Suji,
    Thanks dear for coming here.....
    If you are interested in reading more Avvaiyar's works and other tamil works, you can visit our IL Sriniketan's Blog.....She has given both tamil and english explanation to Avvaiyar's poems ....

6. knbg

Hi dear buddy VJB,
    Thanks dear.....You are a cheerful bunny....interested in knowing more and making your friends happy just by dropping in......:cheers
    Our dear Sriniketan has done a great job in her blogs......She has explained Avvaiyaar's works both in english and tamil.....Here is the link for our Sriniketan's Blog......Do visit there dear......:)

7. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

I've never known this woman till I bumped into your post. With the help of Uncle Google and Aunt Wiki I was able to source enough information to understand her magnanimity towards Tamil literature.

Thanks a lot for introducing such outstanding personalities to us. Slim chance that I would have come across such great people on my own if not for your wonderful post.

Good stuff! :thumbsup

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,
    You have brought out all the qualities of the great Avvaiyar in your crisp write up like Avvaiyar's 'Aathi choodi.'
    Thiruvalluvar had written Thirukkural propagating Vaazkai NeRi in 1 &3/4 kural Pa, whereas Avvaiyar had done it in a simple single line sentence with transparent meaning.
    My IL friends should not misunderstand me by thinking that I am belittling ThiruvaLLuvar. I have great respect for him and I adore Thirukural.
    Love,
    PS

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Your post is a great tribute to a selfless, spiritual and a legend poetess who lived several centuries back. Her words live an eternal life and still read by many Tamils. Her famous, "Varapuyara" the one word appreciation became much talked about subject and a perfect example of her ability to communicate in simple words.

She lives in the hearts of many and I had a great opportunity to learn many of her literature in the school. Those days, even several enacted plays involve Avvayar and the best actor was chosen to play that role.

I do not have enough words to show my respect to that great poetess no no a great soul that had all the blessings of the Universal Absolute.

Viswa

10. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Lovely tribute to a great lady of years!There is no doubt that she is great and an intelligent lady.Thirukural and aathichoodi are two lovely things we have in Tamil.And I read somewhere that both of them (avvaiyar & Thriuvalluvar) are born in a non-literate family.Ispite of that they were able to convey the message they wanted to say in a crisp and intellectual way(poruladakkam).Hats off to Avvaiyar the great!