1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Love letters.........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knbg, Feb 3, 2012.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

February is here......
    Fresh as a dew-drop......
    Flying a fabulous trip down the memory lane ....:coffee.....I recollected or rather re-lived the moments I got my love letters........sharing the sweetest ones with you........:)

First Love letter......I was in High school......It was January....the whole school was geared up for the School day celebrations........we had practices........rehearsals.....grand - rehearsals......it was fun and frolic......There came the letter......from an anonymous admirer( it was signed as that).......I acted as though I ignored it......but, I should admit....
    It gave me a head-spin....and I spent more time in front of the mirror..........:hide:

The next special ones........From my DH......after wedding.......while I was in my parents' place for delivery.......
    As courier service was not that good in North east India then, he would send letters by Speed-post......
    I would eagerly wait for the post - man.....and he would deliver the letters with a smile .....( he had seen me grow up.....from a little girl, waiting for MOs from Chandamama Coloring contests.....to an anxious teenager, waiting for admission letters from colleges....)
    It was a nice feeling to share and care for each other and wait eagerly for our bundle of joy...........
    As my DH has a transferable job, we keep moving often....and every time, before moving, I would pick the box where we kept the letters and would re-read those lovely love letters....they are refreshing always......:)

Then comes the special love letter from my little one......
    one, he had written when he was in KG.........
    I had fractured my arm, and was wearing a sling........my DS gave this cute love letter written in a white paper with red crayon............

Dear Mom, Get well soon , and hug me......I Love You....!!!!!

I keep this letter in my jewel box....and whenever I read it, tears of ecstasy roll on my cheeks..........:)

The last special one......a love letter, I had written for myself.......
    It took me time to think of everything special and sweet about myself.......
    Then, with the choicest stationery, I wrote the letter in beautiful handwriting.......
    I was amazed to see and know what I am and what all I like about myself.......
    I keep this letter in the drawer of my dresser....and read it whenever I feel low.......

It miraculously lifts my mood and brings me back to my cheerful self again.......instantly.......:coffee

How about you friends........?

Have you got your favorite stationery in stock at home now....?

To write a love letter to yourself.......?!?!
    And some to your loved ones too.....!!!

Have a Fabulous February......!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    20 people like this.

2. sujisaran

sujisaran Silver IL'ite

hi bhargs

nice post!!! you made my day !! love it!!

1 person likes this.
  3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

bhargavi,
    nice to read your love letters..loved the last one most..i feel its really important to love ourself to make our beloved ones happy..

1 person likes this.
  4. JananiSubbu

JananiSubbu Silver IL'ite

hi.....
    the first post i read this morning is yours....
    really superb post....
    yu have wriiten so that it is like very touching....
    hats off

1 person likes this.
  5. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Nice snippet knbg.. it gave a good feel..

Hope u get many more loveletters from your DH & DS in future too...

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhargavi,

Normally the words Valentine's Day never fail to irritate me, not because I hate love stories, but simply because I can't stand soppy kitsch. Your post, however, has allowed me to look at that day with a less blinkered approach.

I love your unique style of writing and enjoyed reading about all the love letters you have received to date. The have the fragrance of simple innocent joy which is generally so hard to come by.

And last but not least, hats off to you for suggesting a wonderful technique to help raise one's self esteem as well as spirits in moments of self doubt.

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Bhargavi
    That's a very sweet post! Love letters normally make people dumb and mentally inactive for a while. But yours are different. While the one your DS wrote is fit to be preserved in a Jewel Box, the one you wrote to yourself takes the cake. This is a unique way to boost one's self estimation. Why didn't I think of it when I was young? If I attempt one now, it would be more like a memoir of a man who failed to love and be loved! But then I have an excuse. We never had Valentine's Day in our times!
    By the way, the FBs that I write to you are also like love letters. They may not be of the class of what Nehruji wrote to his dear daughter Indra Priyadarshini but their content of love and affection is no less than those celebrated letters.
    Sri

4 people like this.
  8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Wow, Bhargavi thats a very cute post..
    that too getting letter from your DS is really lovely..smart boy...
    I too preciously keep those love letters which were given by my DH before marriage..at times, I took them and read..
    nice read this post..

1 person likes this.
  9. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

superbbb knbg ji..!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful thought about different love letters. Love letter to self is a great idea. We can have inner peace and strength to deal with world only if we love ourself. I will surely try to send a love letter to myself this valentine day !

1 person likes this.