1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is reality?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I was sitting quietly in a garden that was full of flowers with different colors. They were blossoming in the rays of sunlight that came down to earth. The trees and plants were shaking gently as though they were appreciating the rain they had experienced a few minutes back, welcoming the wind that was blowing towards them and enjoying the rays of the sun. The flowers of today were opening up as though they were smiling after seeing the colors of the rainbows up in the sky. The flowers of yesterday were facing down as though they have been humbled by the opportunity given to them to Blossom and the flowers of tomorrow were keeping their pedals closed as though they were worshiping God for their opportunity. The grass on the ground was sacrificing itself to the hunger of the animals which were walking all over it. The whole atmosphere was serene and I was wondering how every living being were appreciating each other and live in peace with reality. I was thinking that peace is not obtained by my free will but by humbly surrendering to the Will of God and accepting the reality.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    4 people like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friend of the Universe
    Welcome to the Good to Read Forum! Your first Snippet shows a lot of promise.
    The flowers of yesterday, today and tomorrow may as well be an allegorical reference to man in his various stages of life. At youth, we are like a flower which has the eternal mystery of creation held secret within its petals. How we'll blossom and prove ourselves worthy of attention are something which no one knows. The flowers of today represent the progress of life. Will the flower fulfill its role of becoming a fruit bearing the seeds of future or will it simply wither away and in no way help the cause of the universe? The flowers of yesterday may represent wasted opportunities and get blown by the wind, petal by petal and will lie buried in shame.

The Will of God is expressively defined in our creation and so it will make a lot sense to synchronise our will to the Will of our Creator so that the ultimate reality has no negative effect on us.
    Sri

4 people like this.
  3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Viswamitra,

Welcome to IL and to Snippets section. Your simple narration is very nice and brings the scene in front of my eyes. It carries a positive wave with it. Best wishes to write more in the forum.

4. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Vishwamitra,
    A warm welcome. Reality is the one which can never be changed by anyone. Nature is the most precious gift from god to us.

5. Viswamitra

Respected Cheeniya Sir,

I am glad to be in this Forum and thank you for your warm welcome. Your reference of human beings to the flowers of yesterday, today and tomorrow are excellent. As a matter of fact, I have written this lesson to teach meditation to young children who attend Education in Human Values class. This meditation is with reference to how to achieve "Peace". Your response syncs so well with that objective.

6. Viswamitra

Thank you for your warm welcome and I am glad to be in this forum. The message was to get rid of the feelings of a doer and learn to accept the reality to achieve peace. Without appreciating the world as is, without sacrificing and without helping others in need, life becomes unnatural.

7. Viswamitra

Thank you for the warm welcome and I am glad to be here. Thank you again for your nice comment. Reality is permanent and everything else is transient. Everything around us is leading a life that syncs with the nature. We have the ability to learn from it. We have a precious gift from the God, the ability to discriminate using our intellect. This should help us to achieve Self realization quickly.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vishwamitra,

Welcome to IL and to Snippets. Enjoyed your imagery. Beautifully described. It almost transported me to a different world - paradise - and allowed me to enjoy the beauty of this enchanted kingdom.

Looking forward to more from you. :)

9. Viswamitra

Hi Satchitananda,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed it. I am enjoying writing in this forum.

With kind regards.

Viswamitra

10. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Viswamitra,
    Welcome to the Snippets Forum. That was a lovely description of nature by you. I was carried away by the pleasantness in your description and enjoyed real peace.

Regards,
    Latha.