1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Tribute to a Nation as it celebrates 40 years!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

My Tribute to a Nation as it celebrates 40 years!
    I am just back from the 40th national day celebration at one of the government offices, we finished our celebrations yesterday! I had to show my respect to this country which gave me so much! As the UAE National Anthem was sung, a movie was being rewound in my mind; UAE,our home for several years, my children’s birth in this soil, life in harmony and with mutual respect to all nationalities and religions. UAE a home to several expatriates world over is a melting pot of races, cultures, religions, food and nationalities.:thumbsup
    The theme “Spirit of the Union” is written all over UAE, with banners, illuminations, flyers, posters displaying the national colors of Red, Green, Black and White! Every Emarati (as the UAE locals are called) is draped in these colors. Over the last 4 decades UAE has evolved as a modern and progressive nation. My children have decorated their bag with the stickers and dangling demonstrating ‘the spirit of the UAE Union”. I have brought them up us proud Indians, but I have also taught them to show reverence to the land which has given them the best of the best!:yes:
    Being the only Asian expatriate (with majority UAE nationals and very few Arab expatriates) in my office always made me feel special. The Arabian culture treats guests similar to our Hindustani culture; their hospitality is unsurpassed; they can never eat without making sure their guest have had their fill. Food is generously distributed to cleaners, office boys. Discussion of religion and race hardly takes place. I have completed over a decade of service in a senior governmental position, they have trusted me with a very responsible position. When I go out I feel safe and I feel happy. They have taught me that respect is a give and take process!
    On my part I strive everyday to give this country my very best; my actions should befit the land I come from; I endeavor to keep the image of my country and my people in high esteem through my deeds;…and when I hear from their mouths than Indians are the best, I feel rewarded! They praise our work ethics, our morals, our family values! They love India for Amithab, Salman and Sharuk;; Bollywood runs in their veins! Indian fashion has extended its branches, adorning their Abahyas (the national dress), bags and chappals! I come from the land of Vedas and Aryabhata; a land of love and peace! God make me an instrument to glorify my motherland and return a token of love to this Arabian haven! Let their skyscrapers go taller, may this land rise in prosperity and harmony!
    As the sounds of joy resonance in the street, as the encompassing set of celebrations continue; I salute their achievements past and present and wish this country and its citizens “a happy National day’.:birthday

11 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega
    That was a very lovely tribute to the UAE citizens. I think many of the Arab countries are like this, they have the warmth of a family at home and at work. Some of the things are no different from our home country.

3. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Dear mega... I echo your sentiments ... as a resident of UAE... I feel proud to be part of the celebrations here. It feels like a home away from home - I lived in AD some 8 years back and moved out of UAE and have returned recently and it feels like i am home. The growth since the last time i lived here is absolutely amazing... everything seems so larger than life ....but so is the hearts of the people here. I feel we as indians residing in UAE have the best of both worlds... My children too have enthusiastically taken part in the celebrations of the national day... wearing the national colours proudly. Happy UAE national day and Long live UAE!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi Mega,
    Same feelings are here..word to word!
    I really feel proud and forunate to live and work here:)
    Happy national day!Long live UAE..our second home.
    RGDS

5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aruna, Soumedh and Mansi,
    Wonderful posts....good to see that we are many in number humming a line or two of the Anthem; shoulder to shoulder with ever Emarati! Yes, we are indeed blessed... our cheers to this nation and to its wonderful people...with all our love!
    Mega

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Megalife,

What a wonderful write up and what better way could there be of expressing gratitude to your host country. Am really happy at the great example you are setting and wish more people could look at the world and life like that. Found that an excellent reason to nominate this post. :)

Wish you many more happy years there, with the hope that you will soon return home with good memories of the country that has been your home for so many years. :-D

1 person likes this.
  7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega,
    I salute you with admiration!!:thumbsup
    India gave birth to you
    UAE has given Life to you!!
    I loved your post and appreciate you for your "sensible harmony"!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Satchitananda
    I was delighted to receive FBs from a few other UAE resident Indians who share the same feelings! Thank you for the best wishes and nomination, lets hope and pray that we Indians as a community can spread the message of secularism; its a grand feeling to belong to a great country "INDIA"where different religions live in coexistence, peacefully!...the pathetic part is the tarnished image of our motherland which is scooped up and spiced up by the media; courtesy: a few vested interested politicians!
    UAE is a great country, do visit us sometime and feel the magic!
    Mega

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mega dear good post and a nice way of expressing gratitude to UAE. I have visited Abhu Dhabhi and Dubai since my daughter stays in Dubai and also had the opportunity of visiting ILites in both places. Enjoyed my stay there and waiting to come again there.

Glad that your post has been nominated by Satchi. Every post of yours is worthy of nomination

10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

DEar Chitvish
    My kitty is full of encouragements from some awe-inspiring writers in here. My bow!!! Like I wrote to Satchitananda, let a day be there soon where the world will look up to Indians and India as a true example of “unity in diversity’. Thanks for your note.
    Mega