1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Priceless Christmas Gift.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Nov 29, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very touching post and really brings the spirit of Christmas to life. Merry Christmas Megalife. :)

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi mega,
    wonderful post.......
    each year when we travel to india we carry gifts for all family members & like you getting something for parents & in laws was always a problem..........then last time MIL said don't get us anything but just promise you all will visit every year......i think indirectly she meant that our presence is the gift she wants.......touched me alot.
    pragati

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mega dear touching post, well narrated. For parents the presence of children and grandchildren is the greatest gift. I am just now going and nominating this post. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family

4. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

wonderful write up...... Lucky u got such wonderful people as parents n parents-in-law. Of course in their old age nothing can b precious than the gift u gave. U made their christmas wonderful. Merry Christmas in advance.......

5. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

one of the best write-ups! Just reminded me of my Diwali wish for my dad this year. When I asked him, "Whats special for diwali?", he almost choked on his reply while saying, "What can be special here when both of my daughters are not with me?" I'm wishing I can be home for the next diwali!!

6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aruna
    Festival or no festival, Xmas, Diwali or Eid with a broad minded out look and lots of love everyday could be special!Your friend is lucky to have celebrated her special day with you, and you baked the cake, that was the finest icing over the Mistletoe!
    Mega

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Mansimahi
    God bless you too in abundence! Many thanks for those nice words, yes I have truly been blessed with a dear family and great friends (all of you included!)
    Mega

8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi SSC
    You know what?...I will put it on my wish-list to SAnta to grant you the wish to celebrate the next Diwali in style with your dear dad, but promise me that you will tell us all about your celebration when you get back!
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi lovelyme
    Your words are truly lovely like you nick name! What we do for them can hardly measure up for what they have done (...and are still doing) for us.
    Merriest Xmas to you too!
    Mega

10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pragati
    So true. Is there anything we can gift them which they haven't given us? I doubt. Even if we were to buy them fancy stuff it would hardly be useful!
    Thanks.
    Mega