1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whose moon is it, anyway??!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mansimahi, Nov 27, 2011.

1. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

The Moon is again in the news as the earth’s superpowers are worrying about property rights in moon. China, japan, US, Russia are trying to establish their supremacy in the lunar landscape...and India too is trying to get a share of the pie in the sky. The discovery of ice in moon has made the prospect of setting up a colony there more appealing.

Left unchallenged, any country or any individual can apparently take over the ball rolling in the sky and it is speculated by 2020’s the first colony would be established. There are internet sites that sell 3 acres of lunar land for as low as USD.29.99/- :cool2: They even give a legal document that establishes you as the owner of the land and you can do as you please if and when you go there. Another company that sells the land even has a slogan “There is nothing greater than owning your crater”. Yet another one adds the full mineral rights as an incentive. Already 500 million acres of land has been sold and the demand is growing. :shock:

WOW...Pretty cool eh? Who would have thought moon would be real cheap. I should buy few acres while the price is still low !!. Who knows, with real estate being what it is.... the investment may become highly valuable asset in few years. If nothing else, i could frame the property ownership document and hang it where everyone could see it and envy me :cool: or like most Indian parents save it for the kids because a colony in moon might perhaps become a necessity when they grow up. :goodidea:

But really, what would life be like on moon – Of course the view from moon would be great and all... but there would be no atmosphere.:tongue
    People living there could go on “honey earth” and the best of all we wont have to worry about dieting as we would weigh only 17% of our weight on earth., imagine we can eat all we want and feel light as a feather and weigh a fraction of what we are....that in itself is a huge motivation to buy my land and book my tickets for the first commercial space flight to the moon. :thumbsup

I only hope there is a good internet connection there .... so that i can stay in touch with you all .

PS : hope our resident business tycoon kamalji takes inspiration from this and starts selling plots in mars :rotfl

11 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

ha ha mansimahi...and when they point out with 'honey earth" I have a feeling it will be simply fantastic to see that big blue ball. Well if the moon rage continues and many people buy land/craters and choose to go to the moon, I think I will stay back here on the earth - who cares if I am the fattest person on the earth, I have all that space don't I with all of you relocated to the moon? And if I have to feel out of the world, all I need to do is knock on your door to feel as light as a feather. Ah! Best of both the worlds! Go on mansi....buy that piece of crater:) and expect that knock from me...as early as 2020!

5 people like this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahaha good one Maansi. In fact, me too seriously considering the same. you see, by the time I decide to invest on property somewhere the prices go skyrocketting and it is always " I wish I had done this earlier".

Now I have read your post right in time..thanks !:thumbsup:wink:

3 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mansi,

You have sure set my mind ticking what with "honey earth". So the earth would be a destination for honey "earthers"? And going by the prices of craters on the moon, one can assume that the exchange rate would be to the advantage of earthlings. So they can make a roaring business of the honey earthers visits to the mother planet.

I think I would go with Sabitha. Am happy being on earth with the benefit of such huge fiscal profits. Besides imagine, with the politicians gold digging on the diamond planet, most Americans and richie riches mineral digging on the moon (now the Reddy brothers would be in a quandry - moon or diamond planet - so there one can have a third possibility viz. business tours between diamond planet and the moon), we would have so much land, greenery, fresh air, crystal clear water, good food ..... here on earth! :-D

By the way, you would have the advantage of reduced weight on the moon - because of reduced gravity. My mind boggles. Imagine you start eating, does food go down at all? :p Ugh. Does not bear thinking of. :hide: :bonk

Anyway, very interesting post. Hilarious to think there are so many suckers who are buying craters from internet vendors. :rotfl

7 people like this.
  5. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

lol...you are most welcome to visit me. I would be rubbing shoulders with George bush Sr., Tom cruise, nicole kidman, john travolta and our own SRK - apparently these people too own a piece of land there... (too much money and too little sense???!!!...or shrewd business sense??? ) ... you shall be royally entertained when you take the giant step to moon :)

1 person likes this.
  6. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Lol..happy to be of service.... you go buy your plot...we could end up being neighbours :thumbsup

7. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hehehe..the mind boggles at the possibilities..... :) but true what you say about gullible people - put JUST ANYTHING for sale and a sucker will be around to buy it.

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mansi
    I think honey earth has caught the attention of all...hahaha
    Wow if the land on moon is so cheap i too would love to buy, you can be all our estate agent for the land in moon. Atleast we all can meet on the moon being the next neighbours...hehehe
    But now the question arises is how are you going to travel will we have a band of Mr. India so get invisible and go to the moon??
    Becoz space ship will be too costly to travel.
    Enjoyed your post and imagination, super cool:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  9. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

hahaha mm..please help me too while buying a plot..would love to buy a space there not because the prices will double up but to eat more without feeling the weight...

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mansi
    I am grateful to you for a valuable investment tip. I am checking up if Rajnikanth is making any move in this direction. I would feel much safer buying a property there if Rajni is my cohabitant there. He is known to be able to protect the earth even from marauding meteors!

If, as you say, the first colony is established there in 2020, I can move in there and plan my Sathabishekam on a grand scale on a Full Earth day. The idea of owning a crater appeals to me immensely as that will make me greater than other early settlers (and I love my crater rhyming with greater!).

Incidentally, I understand that a lot of spurious documents to properties in moon are in circulation in Chennai and the Police as well as the Registrar have cautioned the public to check with them before paying any advance.

I have only one worry though. It will be tough to cope with the sudden loss in weight. I do not want to be blown around like the leaf in the movie "Forrest Gump"
    Sri

8 people like this.