1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

the Practice

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Practice​

Sunday papers had something pretty interesting as under

COUPLES PRACTICE PARENTING ON PETS

Banglore – Married for 4 years, Prakash and Sneha Dixit, have got a boxer pup home. They want to get a feel of parenting before the real parenting – of a child – happens.

If the scan works I will scan it here right now. Made me laugh, and Harsha was wondering if I have gone mad, laughing while reading the papers, and told me to be sober for we have nosy neighbours too, who might think I have lost my marbles.

How can the two be the same , tell me ? Pets, say I have 2 dogs Tuffy and Bingo, and I have two daughters too, so am I not an expert on this subject eh ! Well not an expert, but good enough to spot the difference in parenting the two.

There are many differences , which I will state as the blog goes on, why it wont help.

Birth – For a pet , go to a pet shop, pay money and go buy a pup. Simple. Spend a thousand or so, get a color, chain, a small bed, or even a 2 buck beer Carton is good for the little fella .

But u don’t have to be pregnant for 9 months with the pup, do u ? For a baby, the mother has to carry it for 9 months in her womb, the morning sickness, the vomittings, medical checkups, re not there when u get a pup. And then the hospitalization, delivery, the money u spend on the delivery of a kid.

And then u need a special baby bed, and make space in yr bedroom, the breastfeeding of the baby, the inoculations, so manythings to be done.

And then u celebrate the birth of a child, giving a party, do we do that when we buy a pet ?

And then , a pet grows fast, their life is 8 times a human age, so in one year, a pet is already 8 years old. You don’t need to send him to school, run after admissions, the pet remains naked, sleeps on yr bedroom floor, and the day u want privacy for something naughy, u can make the fellow sleep in the drawing room, and he wont crib.

The pet is happy with milk and rotis, day in and day out, he is happy following u, wagging his tail even though u have left him naked and uneducated. The fellow wont ask u Maggie, or tell u to take him to Disney land for the rides, for him just a walk with u down he lane is a treat in itself.

The ballgame is different in case of a child. These days many parents send their one year old to special schools , with an ayah, the school charges u 5000 bucks, the ayah charges the same, so that the kid can learn to make blocks, and learn to say A B C , or K B C even before he has learnt to say mama or papa.

So I don’t feel a parent can learn much from rearing a pet to learn about how to handle a child. Instead , I think they should adopt some persons from an old age home who have been abandoned b their children, taking care of them will teach the parents patience, for old people are like kids, frail, needing care, wanting to eat all banned food stuff, form them u will learn patience, which u need to take care of a new born.

And then the old couple will love to love the child which will come in later, and teach the kid good things like the scriptures, they know more than us that is for sure, and they kid and the old couple will form a bond, and it is not that u are taking advantage of the old couple that they willdo free caretaking of yr kid for the free food and accommodation that u give them, but it will be good for both. The kid gets foster grandparents, the foster parents get a new lease of life eh !

A pet will give his life for u, he is loyal to u till his dieing days, but one cant be too sure if this same quality will be there in your own child. I am not suggesting in any way that a pet is better than a child, please don’t get me wrong, but the love for a child and a pet is same , and different too. The child and the pet will both love u from day one, but when the child is an adult, u can never tell, but u can be 100 percent sure, the dog will be loyal to u, and be ready to die for u, which cannot be said with certainity for the child.

And our commitment to a dog, is say 10 or 12 years , for he will die by then, but our commitment to our child is life long, and the returns on investment, not too sure, as many old parents have found out after being abandoned to old age homes.

So dear friends, rear a pet, just for the love of the pet, and don’t dream that this will help u in rearing a child, both are different ball games totally.

As they say “ For u he is just a dog, but for him u are everything (Read GOD)

A Son is a son till he gets a Wife,
    Maybe then the parents will be out of his Life !!!
    ( the second line is my original one )

KAMAL MAHTANI

Husband to wife – Honey I have invited a friend over for dinner today.
    Wife – What ? Are u crazy ?The house is in a mess, I havnt been shopping, the dishes are not done, the laundry is to be done still.
    Husband – Dear , he is a bachelor and wants to get married, soi wanted him to see firsthand what it is after marriage !!!!

Next year the King Fisher Calender is going to be the best ever, as they are bankrupt, and wont have money to buy the models bikinis !!!!

Only two things change a woman’s mood.

1) The words “ I love you “
    2) 50% Discount !!!

Mummy – Beta , ice cream khayega !
    Beta – Nahin
    Mummy – Laddu ?
    Beta – Nahin
    Mummy – Fruits
    Beta – Nahin
    Mummy – lagta hai Baap pe gaya hai, Maar hi khayega !!!

8 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hilarious Kamalji. People do come up with some very original ideas, I must say. Sad isn't it? It shows how children are considered to be on par with domestic pets.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear atchi,

Yes , pets and kids , there can be no comparison, both are to be brought up with lots of love, and u cant compare the two.HAHA

Regards

kamal

4. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Crazy!!! :) After seeing kids on a leash in the malls out here... (the parents say that the kids are leashed just like a dog...so that they dont get lost) I shouldnt be finding the comparison strange... !! I cant imagine what this couple from b'lore do when they actually have a baby - feed it dog food????

There are some insane stories of worlds wealthiest people leaving their wealth to the pets instead of their own children... some luck these pets have !!!!

5. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

OMG Kamalaji,Parenting practice on pets!

I just remembered in a tv reality show a young couple were practicing their to be parental skills on a baby cat.

I really wonder how these people get these kind of ideas
    Rgds

6. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Thoughtful post, Kamalji. I liked the jokes. But one thing...won't there be a clash between the real grand parents and the adopted grand parents?

7. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

OMG..practising parenting on pets!! I wonder how creative is a human brain..Have learnt that animals are being used to test medicines etc but never heard of this kind...

I liked the jokes very much..

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji..
    whoever that couple is is going to be in for such a rude shock... apart from the pregnancy and monetary issues.. pets are so stress free.. infact after a long day at work when go back home the greeting you get by them makes you forget your tiredness... and what about potty training / food habits and arguments with the kids???..
    lets wait and see when they have kids.. maybe they will prefer the pet???
    Kerman

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mansi,

kids on a leash eh ! HAHA. never heard of that before. Feeding dog food eh ! Good one

Yes do u know of that woman in britan, who left 8 million dollors for her cat, and nothing for her relatives.Well the case went to court, the court ruled that this is injustice, so 1 million pounds is enough for the cat, and the rest seven was given to the relatives.HAHA

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Soumedh,

When u have such people areound, now u know why i am in business of writing blogs, such people provide me with enough matierial to write on.HAHA

And now dont wonder where kamalji gets his ideas from eh !

Regards

kamal