1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Learning to Forget

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Learning to Forget

I have not been able to sleep well for the last one week. Normally I sleep very soundly, even an earthquake cannot wake me up. And I am a multitasker even in sleep, I sleep, and snore, fart, dream, turn around, must be a damn world record.

But this last week was a nightmare, though of going to my doc for a sleeping pill, but then I know he will tell me, how can u drink and take a sleeping pill, so leave yr drinks, literally a deadly choice for me.

So I missed out on my morning walks and harsha was very bugged, telling me I am lazy or drinking too much, blah blah. Then I told her the truth that I cant sleep, so I am tired when I get up, back is very stiff, and painful.

Well yesterday morning I sat at tea, having missed my walk, and was wondering why I cant sleep, so very unusual for me. Am I growing old, I know I am old, and then I remembered that old people lose sleep, and I got scared.

Come on, I am old, but not that old that this has caught up with me. Lighted a ciggie, and soon the answer came to me. I remembered, that last week I was angry when I went to sleep, bcs, in my brothers business, all sorts of people were taking advantage , and it bugged me a lot , that these small time traders were getting the better of me, and taking unfair advantage. But we had to give in, sometimes the quantities were small, but then we give them big quantities too when they come, so why this.

Like one fellow overcharged dying charges on a 3000 meters by 2 a meter, a tailor overcharged by 5 per piece etc, and other such incidents happened, over which I used to mull over drinks at night, and take those problems to sleep, which would keep running in my head while I slept, so when I got up in the middle of the night to go to loo, these were still playing, and then for an hour or two I could not sleep, again I was angry at not being able to sleep.

Then I told myself yest at tea, kamal , learn to forget. These are small people, they are used to douing this , why feel bad, they did not force u, and u did not have a choice then, how can u have yr way all the time ?

Kamal, feel bad, when a friend cheats u, when u trusted him, but these people are way below yr class, their natures are like that, that is why they have not risen to your levels, tht is why they cant become exporters like u, if they had yr qualities today they would have been in your hot seat.

That cooled me, and yest night I threw out all these thoughts, and had a damn good sleep, like a baby, and was fresh in the morning. It felt so good, to have a good nights rest.

And there are some past thoughts too that bother me, like someone did bad to me many many years back, so when I am in the hurt mode, those thoughts too come in, and it is a cascading effect, which then gets carried to bed.

So now I am learnting to forget, for I want to live, and not cry over the past. Everyone has gone thru these things, the hurts and the pains of the past, and the best part is, the one who hurt us then, does not remember us at present, while we keep remembering the person eh ! Not fair.

I have told myself, live in the present, in case someone gets the better of u, so what, accept it with a smile and try and outsmart him the next time, but let it go by now.

But don’t worry, I wont learn to forget u friends, even though some come and come go, for u are my lifeline to sanity. For what I write, there is no one to read, my wife wont read it for free, she has heard me so many times, my daughters don’t read me, but u are all kind enough to read what I write, good, bad or ugly, and then take the time to post yr comments, what more can I ask for.

Thanks ladies and gentlemen. Have a great weekend, and a lovely Diwali, God bless u all.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Even with Tuffy around the peacocks are not scared, they just ignore him.These days we are having families of peacocks, mother and half a dozen kids in tow, coming over to eat the grains we put on the wall.
    i feel damn good, to see them, after they go come the parrots, then the pigeons and the sparrows, and in the end one squirrel.will post more pics in my next post.

Image1430.jpg L

Husbands are like Bluetooth.
    When they are with wives, they are connected,
    And when they are not,
    They keep searching for o ther devices !!!

Teacher – Behind every successful man there is a woman, what do u learn from this ?
    A Student – We should wasting our time in studying and find a woman !!!

When u are wrong and u surrender
    You are Honest
    When u are in doubt and surrender
    You are wise
    But when u are right and u surrender
    Then u are a Husband !!!

Steve Job’s last words, before he left this World
    I pill is not our product !!!

Wife Drinking Whiskey - Tum kaun ho ?
    Husband – Have u gone mad that u have forgotten me ?
    Wife – Nasha har gum ko bhula deta hai, BHAISAAB !!!

On his wedding night, Santa was confused what to talk to his wife
    Santa – Do your parents know that tonight u will be staying here at my house in my room ?

Tow married ladies discussing their husbands

First one – Do u know , widows are better than us
    Second one - How ?
    First one – At least they know where their husbands are !!!

ST Thomas came to Kerela and said “jesus rose from the dead”
    No one cared
    He then said – “ Jesus turned water to wine
    Half of kottayam turned Chrisitans !!!

Sindhi to Marwardi
    “ What will u have, thanda ya garam” (meaning hot or cold )
    Marwardi turning smart – I will have both , hot and cold drink
    Sindhi to his wife – Sunti ho, paani le aao, ek glass fridge se aur ek Geyser se !!!

10 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, very wise decision. Forget. Regain your peace of mind and your lost sleep. Tuffy looks really sweet.

1 person likes this.
  3. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

I too have experienced like u for sleepless nights since i had taken useless thoughts on my mind.. I forgot it and put an end to it very soon...Doggy looks very cute... Jokes were nice as usual!! Liked ur post....kamalji!
    My advanced diwali wishes to u!!

4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,
    A matured person like you should know better than to take your worries to sleep. Please take care of your health, we at IL love to read your writings for a long time

5. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

kamal uncle...

you have decided and executed.. but i am not able too... i have never forgot the incidents.. that hurt me.. and the people who hurt me..... i will totally ignore them.... if they talk i will talk.. but.. the intimacy... never came to those.... except those who really felt sorry for hurting me....
    i feel it is very better to be away.... coz.... thse people.. will again hurt us.....
    more then a day or two.. i will also loose my sleep....
    prak always says.. this is bad habbit.... have to forget alla... but.... i am not able tooo.... may be i am also a bad person.. :(

6. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Let go Kamalji, Let go....once it becomes a habit it is almost like "wow it is so easy! Why did I live in that world" to 'wow, was there a problem?' ..... it is fun watching us (ourselves) go through these stages :)

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

How are you?
    You are wise and matured and have overcome the issue so soon.
    Take care of your health.

I always think that you will never become old :)

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Tuffy is really very sweet. means as much to me as my daughters. Got my peace of mind, good two nights sleep.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhya,

Thank u and wishing u and family a very happy diwali.

Regards

kamal