1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Babies!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mansimahi, Oct 18, 2011.

1. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

It is official!!! Children are sent to us for the sole purpose of aging us. There is no other reason – The moment we are in the immediate vicinity of children..we begin to age at the speed of light. Who said children were innocent, angelic...dont be carried away by their cute little drooling faces....behind that sweet little smile hides a devil :evil:: that is plotting on ways to give you 50 wrinkles and 500 grey hairs in 20 seconds by getting into some mischief or the other. :bowdown

Just this morning, my neighbour dropped in with her toddler for a chat. Now, having an active 5 year old myself, one would assume that my house would be childproof and even i thought it was, but one should never underestimate a child’s intention to test it. I gave the toddler few toys to play with while me and his mom chatted over a cup of coffee... suddenly this little one decided that it would be fun to yank the curtain. His mother “chintu, don’t do it beta....come here” . Me thinking : “ CHINTU Stop pulling it right now. “ but instead gave an inane smile at his mom. This child was DETERMINED....YANK YANK YANK....a final forceful tug and down came the curtain AND THE ROD barely missing the child and the TV. The child clapped proudly. Believe me, all this happened in few seconds...when a child is determined, it gets superhuman strength..putting superman, batman, chitti, Ra-one and every other super hero to shame... The mom offered an apologetic smile and carried her son ...and ME ? I couldn’t do anything but still keeping the stupid smile intact said “Thank God he is not hurt...kids will be kids” :spin

There was this other time, a 6 month old baby...a friends daughter, crawled under the bed and refused to come out. She had discovered the laptop charger “brick” which i had deliberately kept it hidden under the cot so that my own daughter wouldn’t fiddle with it. One would think going under the low lying cot to reach for the “brick” would deter anyone... NO ..not this one.. shakeheadshakehead How a chubby little baby managed to find the brick and crawl underneath i still haven’t figured it out...This 6 month old thought that the “brick” was more tasty than the cookies i had given her and was drooling all over it. There was so much of tearful drama before we could get her out from under the bed and the brick off her drooling mouth.

My own children are far from angels. My daughter when she was 1 year old yanked the TV cable and toppled the TV...and it broke to smithereens. I nearly died while she looked at me proudly standing in the middle of glass pieces. Thank God she was unhurt, but i swear i aged twice as much in those few minutes. Again, once while i was doing fabric painting, thinking she was asleep, i went to the kitchen for few minutes and what do i see when i come back....my little one covered in red. I thought it was blood and started screaming then i realised she was holding the bottle of red paint in her hand... it was written in bold “CHILDPROOF CAP”... but obviously children cannot read.... it took me days to scrub the red acrylic paint off her...:spin

Every day, babies all over the world wake up with the sole intention of performing some death defying / dangerous acts, designed to give the adults around them heart attacks. They have an inbuilt radar and make a beeline for things that are dangerous. They are programmed in such a way that if they find any liquid ..water, oil, ink, juice...– they should spill it...(preferably over imp. Documents) If there is an open electric socket, must put a finger in...if they find a small tiny bead or any other thing...they must put it in their nostrils or their mouth....if the window is open, find a way to climb and look out of the window... if there is something crawling, pick it...if something is hot... touch it, if something is sharp ..poke with it ..if something is expensive...break it.... they go through the trash cans with as much interest as an Egyptian archaeologist would rummage through the ruins of the pyramids and display their smelly discoveries with as much excitement and enthusiasm. :shock:WitsendWitsend

However all said and done, a million grey strands and wrinkles is worth it for the nice feeling we get when they hold your hand, the way they touch our face with their tiny little and icky sticky fingers, the trust with which they look into your eyes, the way they giggle and make us giggle with them, for the way they feel like a piece of heaven. Ofcourse they are angels with wings that decrease as their legs increase...oh well...that is another story about teenagers.

30 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

DEar Mansi,

5 stars to u for this lovely piece.
    Hilarious, superb, words fail me.HAHA

My elder day, when she was 2 or 3 we used to go to a restaurant sometimes, and she stood on the sofa, and started to play with the lights, putting them off and on, the rest was packed, and then she went and stood in front of another couple eating, looking at their ice cream, and it was so damn embarassing, that they gave her one.

WE used to go to another one, which had a bar, the barman was known to me, kids not allowed, but she was allowed for he used to give her a glass full of canned cheeries, those red ones, and she would quielty eat while i had my drink.Now she is married and pregnant, and i tease her about it so much.

Yes kids can give u an heart attack, but they mean the world to the parents, what say, their innoncence, their love for u is unconditional. And when they say papa or mama, yr heart melts.

i just love kids, be it mine or anyones , they are angels from the lord. But i hate those brats whose parents look on indulgently while the kid breaks loose. What say ?

Regards

kamal

3 people like this.
  3. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much kamalji...that was so cute abt your daughter :) My daughter too has the habit of staring at other ppl eating icecreams...it is really so embarassing :))

So true...children can be endearing as well as exasperating... and let me not get started on parents that look on proudly while their children go on a rampage... I cant stand them. My own children.... just a look from me and they stop on their tracks when they are at someone else's home but in our own home, they have a free hand to do what they want as long as it is not dangerous.. Thanks again !!

3 people like this.
  4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Hey Mansi .....i wonder if you are talking about my DD ??

Oh...when ever you talk about kids ....we can never stop it for a day ....it goes on n on n on ....

Whose so ever sees my DD says that the naughtiness can be seen in her eyes ....someone has to be behind her always ...we never know what she will do the next second ....she will always be busy with something or the other ...
    With in no time she had touched the agarbatthi ..n burnt her hand ...:hide:
    She goes n spills all the aatta over the floor ....i never knew that she could reach the shelves ..n another day she went banged the water filter ...which fell in front of her ...thank god it dint fall on her ....
    She takes the gas lighter and pretends to light the gas ..thank god! she cannot reach it...
    Her pranks goes on n on each day .....but still enjoy all of them ....with a smile ..
    But for sure I have lot more grey hairs than my granie i guess ....:)

4 people like this.
  5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear MansiMahi,
    Wonderful post, I second Kamalji in giving this a five-star rating. It was amazing!
    I also nominated this for the finest post of October.
    Great going, keep writing more!

3 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mansi,

You summed up everything in those last few lines. What do you do with them, what would you do without them? And the most innocent look after all that is enough to charm you off your feet, isn't it? Sigh......., babies.

2 people like this.
  7. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

mansi,
    enjoyed your snippet thoroughly..as DD is busy with her cycle..you write so well..

8. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

your daughter sounds absoloutely adorable.....for all the complaints i have abt kids...I simply love naughty kids :)

9. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thank you Navs23 for your kind words... I am honoured and humbled by your words and also your nomination...many thanks :)

10. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thank you sushma.... :)