1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Oct 13, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars!!!

I was fascinated by many things in my childhood. The little star in the sky was one such "thing" which spellbound me. No wonder "Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars" was my favorite rhyme. When I was a kid, I spent many nights sitting on the terrace, looking at the beautiful stars and counting them. I blinked my eyes along with the twinkling of stars. I enjoyed doing this and I still remember the happiness which engulfed me . I admired and adored this lovely creation "star". With all my innocence I even jumped high and tried to reach them. I wanted to touch and feel them. With my hands, I drew in the air connecting the stars and forming different shapes. The stars had a special place in all the pictures I drew. My drawing of sunrise in the backdrop of mountains had stars of all colours surrounding the Sun.

Until I got introduced to all the science about stars, I always thought that stars are very huge diamonds hanging in the sky. There were nights when I looked forward and waited eagerly that one such big diamond would fall on our house terrace and I could collect it. I day-dreamt of showing the "star diamond" to all my friends. My childhood dream never came true.

As I grew, I not only lost my innocence but also my fascination for stars. The scientific facts which I learnt about stars diminished my fascination for them. They lost the beauty which I held for them in my eyes. Maybe the problem was with my eyes, I lost the capability of looking lovingly at the things shining in the sky.

The next turn was when I learnt that Sun is also a star. My mind diverted to this "special star". I wondered how different this yellow big ball was from rest of the stars. I used to squint my eyes to try and have a good look at Sun. The burning ball never let me stare at it. It was only a matter of few days and I lost my interest in the biggest star too. Though I learnt how these celestial objects provide us light and energy, somewhere somehow I lost my love for them. I knew they were our life support, this still didn't make me love them back. I gained knowledge, but lost the ability of getting enchanted. The stars and sun were still the same attractive objects, time had no effect on them. It was me who changed with time.

Few days back when I was alone on our terrace, I had reminiscences of my childhood with the stars. I looked up to see the beautiful sky adorned with "jewels". I sat there for a long time looking at them. I found them beautiful, I found my way back. In a spur of the moment, I was charmed once again. With time, I changed again. This time I want to capture the beauty of these divine things, in my eyes and heart for ever and ever. Let their imprint stay with me always.

Stars! - The beauty that the stars add to the vast dark sky is enormous. They are not just mere dots in the sky.

Is the heaven somewhere amongst these beautiful stars?

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    You stay in the sky so high and far
    When the Sun sleeps you give us light
    Shining bright all through the night

[​IMG]

21 people like this.

2. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,

Really the title prompt me to read this. Its quiet surprising that many things in nature are more beautiful then imagiantion.
    U have given a more beautiful ellaboration of stars...
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    You stay in the sky so high and far
    When the Sun sleeps you give us light
    Shining bright all through the night--- is good..... now a days we are not able to see much stars.. it has been long since i saw the stars itself..... thanks Vidhu!!!!

3. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Lovely description... I too had the habit of gazing at the stars in the sky at the terrace during my childhood days..Your post brought out all those cute moments!! Thanks a lot vidhya....

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That is so sweet Vid....who is not fascinated by those little twinkles? Honestly I took a lot of interest in them because of my DS - he was charmed with everything to do with the sky and I, as an adult got introduced to that fascinating world through the eyes of a child and reading and wondering and staring at the sky became that much more pleasurable as I was trying to look at it from a 3yr old's perspective - understanding, at the same time trying to explain to him. We still hold the fascination - look up the sky and are still spell bound with the seasonal changes that happen in the sky!! And add to that our fascination for birds, airplanes, rocket ships....it is a wonder we are not bumping into things on this earth while walking, always gazing at the sky!!

I am glad that you could gaze at the sky again and get back to your fascination and I am sure you will not loose it this time, for you have captured it with an adult mind but with a child's heart! You will wonder every time you look up that sky!

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vidhya,
    I am also fascinated by the stars above. But sometimes I feel that this present generation of kids, who are in their own world, miss all these natural, celestial beauties.:-(
    very true. But am happy to see that you are charmed once and again and changed again in time. :)

sriniketan

6. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

Star gazing is a wonderful thing to do. I remember as a child how many summer nights to have spent On my terrace gazing at them , till I have slept. I loved to imagine this &that in the night sky. Those wonderful days on my mottai maadi:))

7. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

I totally agree SRiniketan, kids of this generation, just dont know how to enjoy nature. :(( becos this summer i tried to star gaze with my kids in the terrace, they were just clueless, my daughter was like "is it done?""can we go home""whats next". OMG, i was like wondering why these kids cant enjoy nature? Maybe they are still young!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. vidchakra

Hi Akhila,
    Thanks so much for the first feedback!
    Me too looked at stars after a long time.. I hope you too get enchanted by them... :)

9. vidchakra

Thanks Vidhya!
    Those chidhood moments are the awesomest.. isn't it?
    I am glad you liked the post

1 person likes this.
  10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite