1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A micro solution to a macro problem

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Oct 3, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]This afternoon I had a dream. India was a beautiful country with vast open spaces, lot of happy, cheerful people around, it was a land of plenty and no one lacked anything. I was puzzled for a while and looked around. I could not imagine what had wrought this transformation. When I asked which government was in power, I was told there was no government. All the politicians with their croneys and diamond diggers had taken off in a rocket to a planet made of diamonds. Wow, where did the fuel for the rocket come from? Oh, that was not very hard to organize. The guys had agreed to take a one way journey, since they believed that the planet was specially created for them and they were happy enough to live there for eternity. So the fuel required was only half of that needed for a round trip. Then French scientists decided it was time to help a poor, third world country out and help them become rich and happy. So they found some bugs that would degrade urine into a fuel that could be used to fuel rockets. (Times of India, Bangalore, October 3, 2011, page 15).

Now there was no shortage of raw material in India. It was available on every street, every wall, the "Sulabh" toilets all over the country were virtual never ending stores of the required stuff. And what were the one billion plus population there for, if they would not help out? So it was that the helpful, "adjusting", "anna daata sukhi bhava"-minded Indians came together painted the country "red", thus providing raw material for a lot of fuel to send their "anna daatas and maay-baaps" on a diamond hunting spree to the other planet. And once they had gone, all that was there was left to the remaining Indians. So garibi was hataoed at no extra cost.

Remember this was a dream I had in the afternoon (a dayhorse as opposed to a nightmare) and so according to Murphy's law, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. So I had to wake up and find that "mera sundar sapna beet gaya" (my beautiful dream came to an end) and reality slapped me hard in the face. Further research into the matter on the net informed me that

So folks, there is still hope. Drink a lot of water. Send all the waste material to the labs abroad and let them figure it out. If we can have a wonderful, utopian country here, why would we want to migrate to foreign countries in search of a better life? They too can live in peace without fear of losing their jobs to outsourcing and guest workers. Besides we would also be helping them with fuel to send off their own diamond diggers to other dimensions. A perfect example of a quid pro quo, what?[/JUSTIFY]

13 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Remember that song, from Dev Anand's Des pardes of the seventies " Tu Pee Aur jee, kahta hai yeh jogi. HAHA

Well we indians will now pee with fervour, for they have to send the politicians and goons to space, to search for daimonds, which they can keep forever, dont they say " Daimonds are forever" ?

Well this was i am now going to drink more beer, and help the world to create more pee, HAHA

Superb one, cant stop laughing, what did u drink before u had this nightmare, eh ! HAHA

Regards

kamal

4 people like this.
  3. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Haha... That's so nice of you... I think your noon-dreamworkz made the best use of the future rocket fuel.. to send all politicians to diamond planet..
    I think we should send the message directly to annamox, before sending raw material to scientists, to understand the urgency of this..
    hmm.. am i dreaming in the afternoon like you!!!!!
    ...bedard zamaana jeet gaya...

1 person likes this.
  4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

haha...a... is it because the politicians are out of the planet which made India look cheerful in your dream?!! If the research on rocket fuel becomes successful, then no one will pee in the street or compound walls or some corner. The streets will be out of that familiar odours, and platforms will become a nice place to walk in..

1 person likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi

What a wonderful blend of fact and fiction! This is a case of imagination running riot! They are already talking about something that can travel faster than light. But your imagination can beat even that something hollow!

I know how fastidious you are when it comes to choosing your words to describe anything that is worth describing. So I am highly intrigued to find that you have used the word ‘downgrade’ in describing how some bugs could add value to urine to make it the much needed fuel for inter-stellar travels. I always believed that no one could degrade urine any further. Should it not be called ‘upgrade’ particularly when this precious upgraded urine could be used to get our planet rid of all the politicians and diamond diggers? If this dream of yours comes true, what will happen to Anna Hazares and Ramdevs? How will they employ themselves? Or will they also take the next rocket to fight these politicians in the De Beer planet?

Will Sulabh get funded by the Ambanis to lay a vast network of pipelines through the length and breadth of the country to collect and transport the precious liquid to the processing center? Will they pay 25 paise for everyone who uses their facility instead of charging them as hitherto? Will Vijay Mallya manufacture a special beer that doubles the urine output and call it Rocket Lager? Will Sulabh toilet become difficult to access in view of all these developments?

I do hope that Murphy is proved wrong this one time. I really want your dream come true.

Sri

6 people like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Satchi,

While one set of politicians are busy gathering diamonds, I am afraid, there is going to be another set, nay two sets emerging - one set coming up with an idea of getting everyone more intoxicated and the second set who are even busier thinking about a plan to bottle all this safely and not let it go waste and then there all these Indians who want a slice of the pie might actually start selling it! Yes, dreams do come true - dream on for with this, I see a glimmer of hope of a cleaner India :) Unike that mare, this horse indeed has places to go ;-)

1 person likes this.
  7. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

ha ha ha.. humorous satchi...

When your dream comes true..This would become "The Businness".. Imagine people running companies for this.. and others investing in stock for such companies...

3 people like this.
  8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

very nice post. reminds me of the saying "all that glitters is not gold"; I woud like to add to that, "all that stinks is not garbage", after reading your post :)

5 people like this.
  9. satchitananda

Kamalji, I loved the pun on the word "pee" which could be used first in Hindi to produce the English effect. Beer pee, paani pee aur phir pee, pee - send the muck into space aur khushi khushi dharti pe jee (live happily on earth). :rotfl Looks the song writer had powers of clairvoyance and saw this situation arising - maybe that is why he wrote this song in advance, before people had any idea what he was talking of.

Kamalji, you are indeed very patriotic and seem to want to do our country immense good. Thanks for your efforts and let us hope this plan succeeds soon. :-D

3 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

Marulamuniya, the only way to ensure that the scientists get off their backsides and start giving us the desired results at the earliest would be to flood them with the basic materials they need to get started, so they cannot complain of shortage of funds, time taken in receiving the raw materials, chemicals etc.

And then we can sing "Mera sundar sapna jeet gaya". What say? :biglaugh

1 person likes this.