1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It’s time to Return

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunarc, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes friends with heavy heart it is time for me to return to my other destination(Egypt). That is after Diwali. I came to India in the month of January and from last 10 months I am in India enjoying my life to the fullest.:bowdown With many happy moments and also sad ones. No doubt did lots of things here, brought a house for my son furnished it and settled him in the new house. This was the toughest job in hand to get the work done from the workers here. But the game was accomplished successfully.

Enjoyed the festivals in India after many years, and still enjoying them with family and friends which kept me so busy that I couldn’t spend much time with you all in IL. Had lovely parties and always travelling here and there with my family.

On top of all this became granny and and grandma once again. I know you all might be thinking her kid is still studying how come she has become a grand mother…..hehehehe

I have a very huge family(around 200 members all 1st blood:) ) so one of my cousin DIL and my cousin daughter gave birth to boy baby. During this week itself. My DIL”s kid is fine and even my DIL, but my daughter’s kid is a bit serious as the kid has a hole in it’s heart which is born on 30th September. This kid is still under observation so was feeling a bit sad about it. The doctors have told that the hole will be closed within 15 days, it happens to some of the kids, Just praying that it will be fine soon. My daughter is fine. So enjoying the fun of becoming a grand mother.

The Sad moments are I lost one of my chachi and one of my cousin sister(the one who was in Bangalore some of my IL friends knows about this as had told them during my visit to Bangalore) who died of cancer at a very young age of 48.

Last year you all might be knowing that I celebrated my birthday virtually so grandly with all of you in IL, but this year I could celebrate with my family here. Where I had a surprise birthday celebration where all my family members from my native place had come down. The most memorable birthday party I ever had. almost 70 family members I had them here in Belgaum in one of my chacha chachi's house here.

My hubby dear had to visit us many times atleast 4 times he has already visited India. Now it is high time that I should go back to him.:) Can’t leave him alone you know or might go away with someone else:hide:…hahahaha

Ok my dear friends these were a few of my titbits which I enjoyed during these few months and will have to go back to my golden cage. Yes that is what I call my home in Egypt. As I have stayed in so many countries. This is the only country I did not like to stay. A very good place to visit but not a place to stay for long. I am going back just for a few months as my hubby has got a transfer from there and will be coming back to India for good. Which I am looking forward for the day of my return to Mumbai my next destination.

Wishing all my good to read/write members and all my ILites

A VERY HAPPY DASERA
    May Goddess bring joy into all your homes and fulfil all your wishes.

10 people like this.

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna:

This is the first time I have read you. I don't think I have ever corresponded with you either. So, why not right away and be the first person to write an "fb"? I am happy to know that you had a great time in India, but sad that all didn't go well. I suppose life is a mixture of giggles and sniffles. The more the former dominates, the better.

I have never been to Egypt. Indeed, I have never visited anywhere in Africa. So, I have no idea what life is like there. God willing, I shall visit Africa yet, not Egypt, but the Victoria Falls. I have always wanted to go there. I have lost count of the number of times I have seen the Niagara, both from the American as well as the Canadian side. But Victoria Falls is still a part of my imagination.

I hope you have a safe trip back to Egypt and wish you a Happy (upcoming) Dassera!

Love.

oj

1 person likes this.
  3. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna...

This is the first time I'm giving FB to you..
    I am glad that you became granny.. :) And you had lots of enjoyments here in India..
    My prayers are definitely there for the cute kid.. Hope the infant gets recovered soon and life long.. :)

I haven't been in Egypt.. But I would like to see the pyramids over there.. Dont even those are still existing..!!!

I'm feeling bad that I was not a part of the meet..
    Wishing to see you soon..!!!

Have a nice journey.. :)
    Happy Diwali...

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Egyptian Queen ArunaC,
    [​IMG]
    It is wonderful to read about your post on the happenings in the past 10 months. Congratulations on so many good news, the new [​IMG] for your son, becoming granny and grandma [​IMG]! My prayers for your grandson born on 30 Sept.

Enjoy happy moments with your DH for the last few months in Egypt. Looking forward to your return in India, which increases the possibility of meeting you one day soon!

Love! Happy Dashera wishes to you also!

1 person likes this.
  5. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Aruna-nice 2 know that u have become a granny..And our prayers for the cute kid too...I have not been to egypt..As u said, it's a nice place to visit....Our advanced diwali wishesand ongoing dussehra wishes to u.... have a great time!

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

Very nice to know that you had a nice time here. Yes, life is a mixed bag throwing up joys and sorrows at random - like a lucky dip. So long as they are fairly balanced it's alright. So now you are a proud grandma. Praying for your little grandchild to get well soon.

Let me tell you a scandalous secret here - was an unmarried grandmom before I was 30. Teeheehee. Of course my cousin's daughter was responsible for giving me this honour. :)

What is your son doing Aruna? Am really glad to hear that you will be returning to Mumbai soon. Please tell us more about Egypt and life there - especially life as a woman and your experiences. Would love to know more about it. Always nice to know about other places one has not visited. Am sure Egyptian vegetarian food (whatever few dishes might be available) must taste delicious.

Waiting to hear more from you Aruna. By the way, coming from Belgaum, you must be speaking Marathi too.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear young Grandma,

yes, it is time to return and return back :) Glad to read the times you had in India these past few months! I am sure your DH will only be haappy!

I agree with Satchi, pplease do write about Egypt so that we can all get a flavor of that place!

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna you have come back with a superb post, well narrated. Glad you enjoyed your stay in India and congrats for the new house for your son. He must be very happy. Glad you have become grandma, congrats. Also very happy to know that you are coming back to India for good. So we can meet again. Enjoy with your dh in Egypt.

I have nominated your post , all the best to get the award

9. Arunarc

Dear OJ
    It is a great honor to have your fb in my thread and that too being the 1st one for the fb. Thank you very much.
    Yes we have not communicated much but I am a regular reader of your blogs here in snippet..:)
    You are right if we don't have sorrows in life we will never know the value of happiness. Happiness and sorrows is like a package in life.

I know you like history and Egypt is the best place for it, It has wonderful history of many things. A very historic place to visit.
    Visited quite a few places of Africa. Victoria falls only seen it in discovery channels and movies. Hope will get a chance to visit.:)
    Thank you for your wishes.

10. Arunarc

Dear Kalyanishanti
    Those are real cute smilies in your post. Thanks for your prayers I really need it as the kid's condition has not improved still.
    I think my last few months are going to go in packing and rounding up things in egypt...:)
    Looking forward in meeting you when I am back in India.
    Thank you dear for your wishes.