1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Identity Crisis - A Hairy Tale

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Sep 24, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]Of late my identity has been under the scanner. People believe me to be someone other than myself. They think I am an imposter :bonk. This has led me into some pretty unimaginable problems over the last one year.

My problems began when I joined IndusLadies. I was initially mistaken for a troll :drowning Probably it was unimaginable that a newcomer would suddenly contribute about 80+ posts in about a week. Promptly I found that I was not able to log in. It was only after I wrote in saying I was human and not a troll that I was allowed to start contributing again.

This was followed by the couple of times when other ILites told me they had imagined I was an old man :rotfl (because of the peculiar user ID I had chosen for myself). Again, I couldn't blame them.

But today I had an experience that was the mother (or should I say the mother-in-law) of all identity crises. After many years of having hair which came down almost to my knees, I got fed up and decided to have them chopped off and keep them short. Now the problem with keeping short hair is that one has to keep them neatly trimmed. The bigger problem is that while gents hair cutting saloons charge something to the tune of Rs. 30-40, women face discrimination in this area too. They have to cough up about 10 times that sum to have a decent hair cut. Since I am a spending member of the domestic set-up (not an earning one), I decided this time to have a VFM (Value For Money) haircut. It would save the husband some hard earned cash and me some time and effort in traipsing between home and hair dresser's. I was feeling very chuffed with myself and thought I had done a good job of saving money - of course this opinion was not one shared by the bitter half.

But never once did I imagine that my decision to save time, money and effort would land a friend in trouble with her disgruntled mil. As it happened I was chatting with her on video chat. Just then her mil toddled along and my friend decided to be friendly and introduce me to her. Shortly after that I was summoned for some work by the husband and had to cut off the video chat. Imagine my shock when I got a call from my friend 5 minutes later, requesting me to talk to her mil, who was convinced that the dil was indulging in chats with members of the opposite gender!!!!! :spin:spin:spin

Well, now what can one do to convince a very legally minded mil who insists that the voice on the phone, the person on the video chat and the person whose photos were in face book were 3 different individuals who bore no resemblance to each other whatsoever?????

When I narrated this story to the bitter half, he very triumphantly announced that I had no business cutting my hair so short (that being the exclusive preserve of males) and if I did chose to do so, I had no business to be video chatting with friends whose mils stayed with them and made it a habit to toddle along to check out on the credentials of the dil's contacts :hide:[/JUSTIFY]

16 people like this.

2. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

reaaly funny.... "bitter" half?? Was it on purpose or was it typo ?

2 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh Satchi!! Poor frind of yours!! Maybe it is time to present yourself to her MIL in the same attire you were on the video chat - that might convince her. Her over fertile mind has to do more work to contradict and that might actually turn out fun for you and your friend!

Well, speaking identities and your mis-adventures, I am sure you are happy not to be held at the same level of 'paramahansa yogananda' and the many 'anada...'ending swamis of India :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

hello friends... for all your information.... it is me the great "Riya Kathir" and my MIL mistook satchi akka in that way..... i dont know still she understood or not.. but what ever it is.. i explained in clear way..... and Prak know all pretty welll.... How much sweet the person would be... when as MIL the same word will see the different consequences.... Dont worry satchi akka... No problem here... and i explained and no bothering about that.... ha hahaha ha... you have narrated very wellll..

seee now... which i thought of posting... you posted..... my topic is already covered... Oh!!!!! Already!!!!! Oh Noooo!!!!!

ha hahaha ha ahahah aha

3 people like this.
  5. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

// I am a spending member of the domestic set-up (not an earning one)//Wow what a way to say that :)Loved it

Dear dear Satchi,
    How many problems will you be facing interms of identity?!!!& Everytime you have something to share in snippets.Really funny adventures & thanks for sharing.Hilarious.

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

To be very frank, when i first came across yr name, i too thought that this is some Sadhubaba, who has come to blog at Indus, for all the scoundrels, sorry i mean babas, have these ananda names behind them, like Nitya ananda, parmanada, etc, so i felt that they have stopped getting girlfriends in their ashrams, now that they have been exposed, so have come to indus ladies, to fool around !!!

so i kept away from yr blogs, but when i saw the FB's piling up, then i started to look to see what mischeif this fellow called Satchiananada was upto, so that was my first exposure to u and yr name.

But now i find that u are a harmless sweet female, married, short cut bob cut hair wali, and now i am comftable with u and yr writings.

Well u should have gone onces again on the video chat, to convince the MIL. haha.

You know i used to pose as a woman when chatting with other women, or who i thought was a woman, this was a decade back, and i had a camera attached, one day the camera was on, the lady saw that i was not a Kamla, but a kamal, and that was the day i saw the last of her.So cameras can be dangerous eh ! HAHA

Well once in my saloon which is unisex, the barber's name is also kamal, he was not tehre, and a pretty lass said, uncleji, can i cut yr hair, well the bait was too good, same price, a pretty girl touching my hair, wow, so i said ok, as prem chopra would have said to Mumtaz.

her hands fell so good, on my head, and i fell asleep, and was dreaming of singing songs to her in the forests , a la the hindi movies, and when i woke up, i was screaming, she had given me a ladies cut !!!

Well i could not say anything byut smiule, and u can imagine the ragging i must hve gone thru from harsha and my friends for a whole month, and i promised myself no girl will ever touch my mop of hair ever.

Superb one Satchi, cant stop laughing, and i have given yu the 5stars that u rightly deserve on this wonderfukl hilarious piece.

Regards

kamal

5 people like this.
  7. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

ha ha ha Satchi... hilarious..
    Many times I have had doubts the other way round.. I have seen people with shoulder length hair and I keep wondering whether its male or female.. :)

Good one.. still cannot stop laughing :-D

2 people like this.
  8. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

Oh Satchi....i am still laughing [​IMG]One person appeared as three different ones!

I too thought the same about you dear...but sorry for that now!:bowdown
    Later i realised the truth from one of my IL friends who told me that satchi was not He but She :)

9. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Satchi... that was really hilarious.....

Shanti

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Polymorphic,

By the way are you a biologist or a chemist? Was wondering because of your user id.

Thanks for the feedback. :) Well my better half was very bitter when he saw the VFM haircut and that is why I mentioned him as the "bitter" half. :rotfl