1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Therapy Oh...la. la... and misadventures

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vjbunny, Sep 22, 2011.

1. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Today in times supplement...I read that Rakhi Sawant's quest for beauty has ended and she claims she has no plastic on her anymore as it used to hurt her when she jumps and shakes her leg for item songs....:banana
    Again in Times supplement I went thru somewhat crude news which I have to share here....A Chinese man was at spa for exfoliation ...You all know that these spas to claim themselves different from mundane ones goes to all length..They had a tub filled with eels and the person who wants the treatment has to lie in it so that eels nibble on his dead cells...So this man was undergoing one such therapy one naughty eel found fascination for his forbidden part that it went straight ahead this man:drowning scurried up from bath tub yelling in pain n from there headed to hospital to remove the naughty one which after entering in had met its doom......

Six packs 8 packs have become norm even some gym to lure the youth are doing brisk business with the now popular mantra of fitness..even actors flaunt them the sorry thing is these are not fitness mantra but a gruelling session that will break your health to bits if you among the unlucky ones even actors dont come out with what they suffer post acquiring the said macho man image...even recently Salman wanted to keep his ill health in wraps... Hrithik, Shah Rukh are bedogged with the same....Saif gave up mid way when his heart refused to give in....
    Size Zero.....craze is it healthiest?...No dears its again another fad Kareena who went Size Zero now no more maintains it but says she got it with Yoga.....:bowdown[​IMG]
    Recently read the beauty product ad morphs the image of stars in such a way that they get fairer, curvy or black shiny thick hair than they are/or do possess with the help of photo shop softwares…We in our quest for beauty get duped both ways…..

These stars to keep their fans craze for them intact go to any length that they dont even warn most of these gullible...(though I am tempted to use a strong word stronger than FOOLs) fans who emulate right left and centre….. and thereby they don’t get to know the suffering these stars undergo behind the screen and subject themselves to all types of torture....

About diet also each day you will find new ones some may work for some but not for all....in the end those who didnt achieve the result again goes in for another one this vicious circle continues… when they reach their 40s they lose all stamina to lead simple daily life....In fact we waste precious time worrying about skin complexion or hair or weight …
    I read in an interview from a famous cardiologist in my local magazine who said any oil by its virtue doesn’t cause fat accumulation if eaten in judiciously ,moderately and coupled with some amount of physical activity...If oil taken in very less quantity is also dangerous as it along with fibres keeps the colon clean insufficient fat will lead to fibre amassed in colon which may lead to various health issues including colon cancer....

Now coming back to IL members like our much loved ChitVish amma, Vijima they eat everything (read fried foods sweets etc) and the glow on their face and their enthu about life n new things is very much laudable so do they diet????? Ofcourse but in the way our elders showed it...They do Fasting (upvaas) on certain days and on that daty they involve themselves in Bhajan, Puja… there by cleanse both their body n mind....
    In a nutshell
    Lead simple Life you will be gifted with YOuth till your last breath....:thumbsup

17 people like this.

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear vj,
    You have started the postw ith ahumorous touch and ended it in asimple philosophical touch.Very nice narration. After along time, I am visiting IL and your post made me to give at once afeed back . I think because it is written by a" beautiful lady"
    We are bombarded everyday with beauty contests like Miss Universe and shows like Extreme Makeover, as well as People Magazine featuring the most beautiful people in the world, all trying to answer the question "What is beauty?". It is not so easy to make the final decision for this question. The concept of beauty, in fact, is different from person to person. Anyone can tell you their personal definition of beauty: who they think is beautiful and who isn’t
    True beauty doesn't need any kind of ornaments. It is a gift from God to Human beings. The person who gets blessed by nature gets blessed with precious beauty. God is fair because he gives everyone their own unique beauty. So do not think of yourself poorly or wish to be someone else, instead embrace your personal beauty and be happy.Am I correct.

3 people like this.
  3. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

In simple words... "Be Happy with what you are"... is my policy... No need of extra fittings related to beauty at all!
    Liked ur post vj!

2 people like this.
  4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Very relevant article, bunny. food is one of God's creations and has to be enjoyed. My motto is - as long as possible, eat what u like and keep yourself physically and mentally active.

1 person likes this.
  5. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Nice Post VJB,

have spoken about good points

1 person likes this.
  6. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

bunny... i am really amazed..... is there this much behind your childish smile... loved your way you said...... i was not in to any diet, was eating healthy heavy... and was very serious and strong practice of my dace kept me trip.... now i became only strong in eating.... not in physical activity... which lead me to be with 10 kg more now.... you know this in 3 months..

yoga is not for weight loosing dear... but it is for the stress relieving and mind relaxing.. it will make your mind strong.. where you can have strong diet or anything u want
    and proper yoga has no side effects also....

simple excercise like climbing strairs, walking....... etc.. will really help more....

and.. very good post... its really aweee

7. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Good one vjb. I think yoga is one which gives best results without any side effects.

1 person likes this.
  8. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Perfectly said! First we need to be content with whatever god has given us. Trying to make ourselves beautiful by using several cosmetics is not going to help us in any way..
    Just follow the age old practices of our ancestors and we can be both healthy and beautiful!

2 people like this.
  9. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini...

You are absolutely right and am so happy you reinvented IL thru my post... keep coming...Thank You for coming here...

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,
    Yes you are right we need to be happy with what we have got to enjoy the life else we will not be able to see the real beauty....I am so happy that you liked my post...
    Thanks For coming