1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Terms of Endearment ???!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aminroop, Sep 21, 2011.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

The other night, I was sound asleep when my husband nudged me.At first I dint bother because I thought it must be one of the sadistic pleasures he derives by disturbing my sleep since he had just gotten back from the hospital after a night call. But then he kept nudging me persistently. So I peek my head out of my blanket , eyes still closed. “what is it??” I asked him. He said “ will you donate a kidney for me??” I din think I heard right. So now I sit up in bed and say “ sorry I might have missed what you justsaid. Come again.” He still said “ would you donate a kidney for me ?” “hey its 3 am ,not the greatest time to joke. and anyway since you already have two of those, why do you want mine as well, to wave it around saying - yay!i have an extraaaa! Come lets sleep” I cover him with my blanket.
    But not before he sulkily declared “ I would have said YES if you had asked, u know, and that too immediately.”

The next morning, I was just going over this conversation in my head. And I realized something! Omigawd!!! That’s it!

What? You figured it out too?? Ok. You first. What did youthink it was about?

That he was involved in some kidney selling scam, like thosedoctors in the movies?? Well,I wouldn’t blame you. Any normal person wouldthink so.

But then I aint normal and my hubby is a NEPHROLOGIST…meaning 'the kidneys' are his bread and butter.

So, what I realized was that this was his way of asking “how much do you love me? “ and his was of saying that he loves me enough todonate his precious kidneys for me if I just asked. How sweet is that!

Anyways, yet another day. And we were in between a cuddling session. And suddenly he strokes the part of me which harbors my kidneys and says “ your kidney lies around 5 cm deep here and it would measure ---- much. Oh, im sure u have very cute kidneys. I love them!!!”

it was A term of endearment. Obviously!!! But, C'MON!!!!

10 people like this.

2. chillout

chillout New IL'ite

Re: Terms of Endearment....

ha ha ha! unique way of expressing love indeed! good one, P.

3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

cant say more..just a wow and u are sure a very lucky gal

4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Ha ha ha. Creative writing!

5. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

hi

i'm now enlightened-I now understand why my hubby 'loves' kidney beans soooo much!BTW, if kidney could mean so much, it delights me to wonder how much the other organs would mean!

Cute post indeed!

1 person likes this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahaha Poornima..I have always believed in different strokes (pun intended) for different people...so, that's how it is between doctors,huh?:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  7. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Poornima... That was really very cute... :) But still, I can't imagine your hubby waking you up to ask you if you would donate your kidney... That made me lol

8. srikivenky

srikivenky New IL'ite

hey hi!!! i'm bak. so, S is a romantic fool afterall...though in an intellectual way, true to his standards! dint know that!!! ;)

9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Oh my god, that's hilarious :rotfl
    Ooooooooooh, what a romantic :bonk.
    He soon might give a run for all the medical gadgets available, all he needed was his eyes(and hands) to measure the size of your kidneys :)

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Poornima,

HAHA. What a question to ask right in the middle of the night eh ! And i dont even know where the kidneys lie, eh ! Cute chap yr hubby, tell him yu love him so much that u will dontate both to him if the need arirse, and see what he has to say to that.HAHA

Regards

kamal