1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When I die, I was crying....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by raji2678, Sep 20, 2011.

1. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

"When you were born, you were crying and everybody around you was smiling. Live your life in such a way that when you die, you are smiling, and everybody around you is crying"

goes a famous saying.

All of us want to live a long, healthy and happy life. From the limited experience of life I have, I have seen basically two kinds of deaths. Of course, I am referring to people who have lived their lives completely, and have died a natural death.

There are a few fortunate people, who are active and healthy till their last day. Their demise is sudden and very unexpected. We can recollect our grief-stricken friends and relatives say
    "Father had his morning coffee and bath. He joked with mother. Just before he sat for his pooja, he got a sudden heart attack. By the time doctor came, it was too late."

This is for the next category.Here, the patient suffer untold miseries, going in and out of hospitals and are given a lot of medicines to prolong life. Not to mention the torture of diet and movement restrictions, bedsores and dependance on close family members and nurses. Both the individual and family will feel that death would put an end to their sufferings.

In both the cases, grief of losing a loved one is there. However, in the first case, there is an element of shock, but the family derives consolation from the fact that their loved one did not have to suffer. In the second case, the family is already prepared, and rather relieved when the end comes.

I have seen a few good people suffer a lot at the time of their death. But , all the evil people whom I knew did not have an easy end. I would like you to give your feedback on this, and if possible, share your experiences.

11 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,

Well said.They say that the first death is good, where by the patient does not suffer, he goes in a jiffy.But bad also bcs he did not have the time to make a will, to let the family members know whom he has lent money to, and did not have the time to say goodboy to his lvoed ones.

The second one , though bad, if the patient is smart, he will finish all his jobs, like will, for he knows hemay die soon.

So both have good and bed in them.

i would like to go healthy, but on my own feet, and i have prepared everything, so even if i die tomm i have no regrets, god has been kind, tht i dont take a single tablet even though i am now close to 60.

Regards

kamal

3 people like this.
  3. ashmitha1508

ashmitha1508 Silver IL'ite

Good people or bad people... i dont want people to die... both first and second one is bad.... i am unable to digest the fact that the person will be no more on earth... What will happen to all his feelings.. future decisions..desires... Oh God.. I don't like to even hear any death news!!! I am sick of this....

God no more deaths please... we will all stay on earth itself!!!1 ( I know it cannot happen ):bowdown

2 people like this.
  4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your inputs, Kamalji. But one thing I would like to know : have good people mostly had easy deaths and vice-versa? I would request experinced people like you to give your views, with examples.

5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your inputs, Ashmita. But birth and death are part of the cycle. Just as you discard your old clothes to make way for new ones...And frankly, I believe that some people are better dead than alive. I would request you to give your views on whether bad people suffer towards the end.

2 people like this.
  6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Good post Raji. To just say in a nutshell from what I read and believe, its the karma theory. Death makes life complete, I feel. If it were good, people would appreciate the person who left. If not, people would appreciate fate. Thanks for sharing. -rgs

7. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Raji,

I have actually seen these two kind of deaths in my family it self. But I have seen even good people suffering for a long time. At that time I had my questions to God like is this good what you are doing ?? but never got an answer to it. Can we sit and judge his decisions here ? Nope!

But everyone wishes for a peaceful death without much suffering! Donno what lies in everyone's plate ...:-(

8. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Hi Raji,
    From my very microscopic knowledge on Hindu philosophy, we all have to undergo N number of birth-death cycles (janmas) before our soul (Atman) is united with the Supreme (Paramatman/Brahmam). And the number of janmas and how we suffer in our life and death would depend on our karma. For example, one might have been a gentle soul in all this life but may suffer a miserable death, maybe it is because that he/she would merit one less janma and suffer all the bad karma in this life itself. On the other hand, a not-so-good person may have a quick death but would probably suffer one or more extra janmas until he/she merits the realization of the Brahmam.
    Sorry for such a spiritualistic response. :). Just my 2 cents.

@Ashmitha,
    Everything in this world is made dual. Where there is light, there will also be darkness. Where there is life, there will be death, too. Without darkness how can you appreciate the value of light? Without evil, how can know the value of good? Similarly, without death, how can appreciate the value of Life? There is nothing wrong to be scared about death. It just needs some mental preparation to let go. That's all. :)

Regards,
    Kottravai

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Raji,

why are you in a mood for this stuff today first thing in the morning (at least it is morning for us here!)? I have often heard people say that a way person dies often speaks a lot about the way they have lived. That said, I do have a wise elderly friend who always is amused that people chose different ways of dying when they could actually choose to die sitting calmly under a tree if we wish to - meaning again the way we live - not just being good, but also how much we put in self understanding and self growth process and hence making a difference to life....I believe we can choose. I am still learning from listening to her and observing. I have also seen a lot of personal loss and to be honest I am more interested in how we live....however long or short!! Seeing some one suffer is not easy because in a way it is a bigger suffering for the people around that person! Eventually we will and should only remember a person for how they lived.

2 people like this.
  10. shobana sridhar

shobana sridhar Silver IL'ite

Hi raji
    it is a very interesting topic.I somehow feel that there are not whole good or bad people.I am not coming to say that i am right but this is the way i feel.If a person is good to me he may not be good to some other person and vice verse.Every person has his own qualities and it comes out in accordance with the situation he is in.It is up to us to handle our own qualities.Coming to the topic ,my idea of death is that the second we are born our death is certain and the manner of death is also pre ordained. I always tell my son that for all us the ticket is booked but we are in RAC.I have never got the feeling that good people have a easy death and bad ones suffer.