1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A solution noticed!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

In recent years, the main concern on my part is to regain that patience which I had lost during the course of years. Don't ask me how it is lost..it is lost due to my increasing age each year ( this has become an excuse for every mistake I make on my part.:biglaugh:), even though, on the other hand, my plea to lose weight has not been answered at all.:spin

Losing temper=losing patience=losing energy = losing one's health.

This is what my mother reminds me , whenever she hears me :rant, with tears welled in her eyes ( I won't blame her, mother's concern, isn't it)..to take care of my health.

I read many quotes on those lines, all in vain but this famous line 'those who have good patience, will rule the world one day', struck to me ever since I heard about it.

If I am not able to 'rule over my emotions' how I am going to rule the world was my thought there after. Moreover, I don't want to rule the world, it is a very difficult task, you see..:biggrin2: (good excuse, isn't it! )

I got a solution to regain my patience and am regaining it without my knowledge. It was at my finger tips, which I didn't notice at all, till this day.:bonk

Our computers have become so slow, I need to wait to read a thread or to give a fb, after all the ads. are in place, in each and every page of IL, which I would like to browse :-(. This is not the problem with the IL site alone, but with every site we browse.

As an answer to my plea, through slow functioning of this computer, a solution has been reached: that "you need to be patient, otherwise, how can you get your message across", in the form of threads or posts? I have no other go, but to be patient. :coffee

There may be many instances where I could have practiced patience, but only on this day I noticed an answer to my problem.
    Just as this computer, I am also a slow learner, what to do!

Slow computers also give quick solutions , isn't it! :thumbsup

Sriniketan

16 people like this.

2. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Nice post. Very simple and apt. A very good messenger too............

1 person likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

We need patience even in Indus, for when we post a post, we should have the patience to wait for FB's to come, yest i was diosa[[pointed that just one FB came, but when i saw it was from OJ da, i was happy, and today morning a few moer came, so i guess it is amatter of patience.Good post.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

What a lovely post Sriniketan. Some people are born very patient and they rule the world I suppose. But for those of us who belong to the class of the ruled, artificial means must be found to cure us of the impatience malaise. And you have found one that everyone can access, since most people use computers these days. By "most people" I don't mean India's 2 bn above population of course. But you know what I mean, don't you? I will go one step further and a corollary to your viewpoint. Actually, if you can fall in love with the computer, as is surely the case with me, then you begin to work towards understanding its mind. You start reading books which explain computer language, you start communicating with the Windows operating system and make it work faster. Such conversations demand total cocentration on your part and then you forget completely about your impatience. Of course, having said so, I must also admit that I often come out of my computer trance and throw a tantrum. That's all because I am human. So long as I remain transformed into a computer buff, patience never leaves me!!

Best regards.

oj

2 people like this.
  5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sriniketan,

Wonderful post and perfect example for the solution - to overcome anger and to be patient. I liked your narration so much and I have nominated the post for finest posts of september.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Yes Srini, I shamefacedly join you here. tolerance and patience.. when will I ever learn that, I wonder.Even if I am at the pc, I open up so many windows:hide:so not even the comp can teach me .. (it has to be a conscious decision from me , I know :)

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes Bhargavi dear patience is required for everything. Patience and perseverance can overcome mountains we all know. I have patience for somethings but for some I dont have patience at all. I thought only my computer is slow , good to know that you also experience that. You know when I think of some subject I want to post it immediately and as Kamalji says should have patience to get fbs for that post, but I have no patience. I post a new thread , then give replies to my other threads and go back and see whether any fb has come for my new thread. God also tests patience of those who are patient. Like now I am patiently waiting to become a grandmother for my son's child but God is testing my patience. But I dont mind waiting patiently for that. Today morning thinking of that tears came in my eyes and I wrote a poem on that in tamil poems.

Sorry dear now you have to patiently read my long post.

1 person likes this.
  8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Good quote Sri!! Applicable everywhere..Now i m a little more patient with my DD but still ways to go..I will remember ur quote everytime when i loose my patience :) Thanks dear!!:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Sriniketan

Not only the computer has the Yahoo Messenger, it has become a messenger by itself, isn't it..Banu! :)

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

Kamalji, I agree with you in receiving the fbs. But nowadays, when I am not able to respond to those fbs, in time, I become, impatient..:)
    FB from stalwarts really makes one happy..and I am joining in that list too of getting fbs from Oj da..:) this time!

sriniketan